No announcement yet.

trapped in time?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trapped in time?

am i the only one who doesn't think adam is immortal?

i'm thinking he can absorb abilities in the manner peter does, and he was locked away in the past by the company. hiro's arrival gave him the ability to escape his prison (and the explosion) at the same time hiro did. thoughts?

he got the power to heal when hiro showed up but hiro does not have that ability.

Comment

Kensei/Adam never once showed that he had the same ability as Hiro, the ONLY power he had was regeneration and that was a total shock to him because he had NEVER seen anything like that before.

Kensei survived the explosion the same way Peter survived the nuclear explosion - they regenerated. With their bodies suffering such damage, I imagine it takes longer to heal. Or maybe Kensei just ran off before Hiro made it back to the ruined tent but either forgot his helmat or left it on purpose (it was pretty useless afterall, lol) and that smoking smoldering body belonged to another solider. They could have just died their naturally do to the explosion or maybe Kensei had something to do with it as a way to mess with Hiro and throw him off guard.

Who knows how Adam escaped the prison, I am guessing we will learn next week according to the trailer but if I had to bet, then I'd say he made freinds with Peter and tricked Peter into busting him out so that they could "take down the company and save the world.", but not really because Adam is evil now, but you know what I mean, lol.

Comment

but i don't get how a person with the ability to regenerate could be around in feudal japan, otherwise. i thought the premise of heroes was based on individuals undergoing a relatively recent evolutionary process.

i still think someone must have sent adam there.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_pete
          but i don't get how a person with the ability to regenerate could be around in feudal japan, otherwise. i thought the premise of heroes was based on individuals undergoing a relatively recent evolutionary process.

In the time scales involved in human evolution, Feudal Japan IS relatively recent. We're talking about processes that take millions of years.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_pete

Technically as a person grows older their body actually begins to break down on you, so a person with regenerative powers would only have healthy cells and that would keep you physically young and as long the "super heal it" power keeps those cells healthy you could be virtually immortal. As long as nothing get's logded in the back of their head for too long that is.... So Kensei could reasonably be alive in Feudal Japan and live through those 400 years and still be alive and look around 30ish in 2007 America er.. Canada? They were in Canada right?

Plus as JudasAce pointed out, in the evolutionary process 400 years is fairly recent yo! It's just that now in the present timeline there are suspose to be more and more peeps with powers born everyday likely from the older generations mating together and therefore creating more of the special peeps like themselves who in turn would make babies who would have those same genes who would eventually make more babies themselves and once again pass on those special genes, there on and so forth. Eventually there are enough of the special peeps that they band together and form little clubs and make it easier for them to be around other special peeps and therefore that creates mating opportunies to make babies with them and furthor pass on those genes.

'Till eventually we get to modern times and the cool special peeps club is the company and alot of our "heroes" seems to have some ties to them, Peter, Claire, Nathan, Angela Petrelli, The Haitian, Niki/Jessica, DL, Micah, and most recently Matt and Kensei/Adam. This seems to make the likelyhood of those heroes mating with other heroes and passing on the special gene much much more likely until eventually according to the ep "Five Years Gone" the peeps with special powers is an epidemic and is very hard to contain because more of them are born everyday.

Then if you throw in the fact that Kensei/Adam is the one that is responsible for starting the infamous "Company" then you have to wonder if he's ever done anything like that before in his 400 year exsistance, because if he did, then he may actually be the one person responsible for changing the face of humanity and single handly spreading that gene across the world.

Comment

i have to admit at first i was questioning his immortality. if he is not immortal then maybe he is in the future because the was a single cell of kensei on that mask hiro brought back and he regenerated from there. but if that is true then what if he also regenerated in the past and there where two kenseis in history.

Comment

[i]
                Who knows how Adam escaped the prison, I am guessing we will learn next week according to the trailer but if I had to bet, then I'd say he made freinds with Peter and tricked Peter into busting him out so that they could "take down the company and save the world.", but not really because Adam is evil now, but you know what I mean, lol. [/B]
                I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this elsewhere, but I reckon that Adam was being held prisoner by Matts dad, in some hallucination. He could have still had contact with him in that illusion and thats probably where he recruited him to his cause. Once done, he would have released him.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎