The cure for the virus

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The cure for the virus

And its definitely not Claire.

It's Maya and Alenjro. If you think about it it will make sense. A virus needs a host in order to survive. The twins ability allows them to kill people and bring them back, thus killing the virus. Now I know why these characters were introduced with such a power. Seemingly a bad one but a blessing in disguise.
    Last edited by thedarknight; 11-06-2007, 02:56 PM.

But a virus doesn't leave a dead body until after rigor mortis.

Comment

Uhh rigor mortis occurs because there is no ATP. A virus cannot function if the host cell machinery is shut down.

Comment

It may be a slight twist. I think it's not Maya, but Alexandro who is going to be the Key. His ability is to TAKE viruses into himself and they disapate......just expand his powers...and whamo...you have your key.

Comment

Originally posted by thedarknight
          Uhh rigor mortis occurs because there is no ATP. A virus cannot function if the host cell machinery is shut down.
          But not every body system shuts down after death. Everything is finished when a body enter rigor mortis.

Comment

actually i think a virus will stay around even after that. dont the police look at magot and things to see how someone died? i think the magots and stuff will still have the virus and thats days after the person died.
            i know of storys about people who snuck past nazis by hiding in coffins and when the nazis wanted to check and see the body in the coffin the coffin carriers would tell them that the person in the coffin died from a contagious virus and the nazis would get as far away as possible. now its possible they didnt know they couldnt catch something from a dead body but i think that a virus hangs around and can still infect people even later

Comment

Maybe Alexandro has a power similar to Linderman's? We have seen how Hero's are able to develop their powers, maybe he has only used his gift to cure his sister because that is all he has tried to use it for, but he is in fact able to cure anybody of anything. Given the repetition we've seen in abilities in people not necessarily related to each other I would be surprised if there is no-one else with the ability to heal others.

Comment

Originally posted by Mello Penelo
                But not every body system shuts down after death. Everything is finished when a body enter rigor mortis.
                But remember this isn't death from a gunshot or anything. This is full blown shut down - they literally just die on the spot. That's why I think BOTH the twins are needed. One to kill the virus the other to revive the people. I dont think Alenjdro's power extends beyond healing those black tears though, because Sylar said they had a half power.

Really if they aren't the cure why are they even in the show? Everything's connected.

Comment

I wish they weren't in the show, but at least this gives them purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by Monkeychow01
                    It may be a slight twist. I think it's not Maya, but Alexandro who is going to be the Key. His ability is to TAKE viruses into himself and they disapate......just expand his powers...and whamo...you have your key.

So when Gabriel kills him and takes his ability he'll have the only cure for the virus and then he will be "very" special...

Comment

And he'll crawl into the fetal position in the corner and repeat: "I'm a very special boy."

Comment

Gabriel could already be the cure... If you remember in Season 1 when Mohinder takes a sample of Gabriel's spinal fluid, and said basically saying that Gabriel was the key to finding them all... I'm not good with words but basically I think his DNA is already the cure to the virus...

Comment

Re: The cure for the virus

Originally posted by thedarknight
                          And its definitely not Claire.

It's Maya and Alenjro. If you think about it it will make sense. A virus needs a host in order to survive. The twins ability allows them to kill people and bring them back, thus killing the virus. Now I know why these characters were introduced with such a power. Seemingly a bad one but a blessing in disguise.
                          that doesn't make sense because there is a theory that sylar has the virus and if they were the cure wouldn't he have his powers again, unless he simply doesn't have the virus. and like i said if he does have the virus he would have his powers because maya killed sylar to get past border patrol.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎