Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kryptonians travel by ship or portals...?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kryptonians travel by ship or portals...?

If this has been discussed in other threads direct me. Lara mentioned a portal that Kara used to follow her. If they can travel by this portals why use ships? All Kryptonians could have escaped through portals, and get anywhere faster...

Oops.

Comment

They probably did use portals regularly, but used ships for leisure or emergencies (in "Relic", I get the impression Jor-El used a portal to return to Krypton, since a ship would've been too far a journey for just a rite of passage). But it was also mentioned in "Lara" that the portals were closed to stop Zod from escaping.

Comment

Originally posted by last man of krypton
        They probably did use portals regularly, but used ships for leisure or emergencies (in "Relic", I get the impression Jor-El used a portal to return to Krypton, since a ship would've been too far a journey for just a rite of passage). But it was also mentioned in "Lara" that the portals were closed to stop Zod from escaping.
        I posted some clues that there were no portals in the late 50's early 60's when Jor-El was on Earth (in Relic). Check it out:

Classic Supergirl Helen Slater shows up as Clark's Kryptonian mother, Lara! Talk about the Nov. 1 episode of Smallville here!

Comment

If there were portals ( at the time of Krypton's destruction) then there would not be a need for spaceships. Lara said to Kara upon her arrival "You came in the last portal." or something to that effect. Implying there were portals and at that time there was only one left. The problem is young Jor-El in the sixtys was to wait for a ride home i.e. a spaceship. This portal thing is a new development the writers threw in to make new stuff work out.

Comment

I think TPTB had always planned on using portals.

With the time it takes to travel through a portal, that would have made ships obsolete. It wouldn't have been til the portals were closed that ships were needed and all 3 that we've seen were used just before the planet expoded.

Jor-el used the portal to return home from training. It wasn't spoken because he was deceiving Hiram Kent. A ship would have been spotted even in the 60's. So he tricked Hiram and then used the portal to return home. There would have been no point to going to the caves if it wasn't to use the portal.

Comment

Kar and Lara used the last portal to go to Earth in Lara. If you watch the Kara Chronicles, you'll realize that its destroyed when Zod is captured so his disciples can't leave.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎