Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back To The Future: Hiro's Choice

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone important or popular that "Dies" will do so from Maya's powers and get brought back by her brother immediately (or maybe after a cliffhanger ending during sweeps week)...that way the producers can say "Well technically he did die!"

Face it, they didn't have the stones to kill off Sylar at the end of last season because he was popular, so the only way they'll kill off any popular characters permanently is if that actor wants to leave the show.

Comment

Maybe Maya's brother will die? He's not THAT popular is he? I think Kensei MIGHT die this season..just don't let it be Hiro/Peter or Suresh!

Oh yea and HRG will die! Admit it! All of you! :O

Comment

Well, there is the spoiler [SPOILER]Ma. Petrelli will give someone the secret to killing Peter[/SPOILER].

Comment

Originally posted by Mello Penelo
          He can't change the past, just screw around with it.
          Untrue Sara, Hiro can and has changed the past. In fact, he's part of the past/history now, having affected both past events and the lives of people -- no one more so perhaps than the life of Kensei/Adam, who has spent his long life no doubt eagerly awaiting the day he can get his revenge on Hiro.

And in Five Years Gone, NY was destroyed. However, thanks to Hiro's time traveling this disaster was averted. This "past" was clearly changed and replaced with a new one. (And Heroes gets around the many paradox problems that usually arise from time travel by adopting an el cheapo "multiple timeline" universal concept...heh)
          Last edited by Xanderman; 11-07-2007, 03:20 AM.

Comment

I said he could screw with it, not change it wholesale.

He didn't change the past because the swordsmith's daughter promised to pass on the stories Hiro told her. All Hiro had to do was make sure the guns were gone. The timeline stayed intact because of those tales.

And in Five Years Gone, the future was changed-- not the past. The future isn't written in stone yet, like the past is.

Comment

And in Five Years Gone, the future was changed-- not the past. The future isn't written in stone yet, like the past is.
              Lol this is why time travel discussions never end well....heh. I understand what you are saying, however this WAS the past for the people in that ep's timeline (like future Hiro). From that timeline's perspective, the past was altered, not the future.

Comment

He didn't change the past because the swordsmith's daughter promised to pass on the stories Hiro told her. All Hiro had to do was make sure the guns were gone. The timeline stayed intact because of those tales.
                So the past didn't change (majorly) because Hiro went through considerable effort to ensure it didn't. This still implies that he could've changed the past if he'd left Kensei to take over Japan.

Depends on which perspective you're looking at, which Xanderman hinted at:
                To Kensei and the Princess, they're living in the present and Hiro is from a changeable future.
                To Hiro and Ando, they're living in a present where the future and past can be changed.
                To Future Hiro, he's living in a present where the past can be changed.

Comment

Originally posted by last man of krypton
                  Depends on which perspective you're looking at, which Xanderman hinted at:
                  To Kensei and the Princess, they're living in the present and Hiro is from a changeable future.
                  To Hiro and Ando, they're living in a present where the future and past can be changed.
                  To Future Hiro, he's living in a present where the past can be changed.
                  Exactly. However, I'm wondering, did Future Hiro's efforts lead to any changes? Or did the only changes result from Present Hiro visiting the future and returning back with the knowledge he gained and then affecting people in the present as a result of it, like he did Nathan? His "villain" guilt trip on Nathan is likely what gave Nathan the extra push he needed to follow his conscience and save Peter/the city. However, all Future Hiro did was tell Peter to save the cheerleader, but that in itself wasn't enough to prevent the disaster. Nathan's intervention was the key.

So maybe the past can't be changed afterall? Only the future? As again, I'm not sure if Future Hiro's visits to the past ultimately accomplished anything...but then again, the very fact he met and had a convo with Peter is a change in the past, even if it didn't affect things on a larger scale. (Time travel talk makes less sense the more you try to figure it out, lol you usually just end up going in circles....reminds me of the time I tried to figure out 12 Monkeys.....now there's a headache )
                  Last edited by Xanderman; 11-09-2007, 02:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderman
                    Exactly. However, I'm wondering, did Future Hiro's efforts lead to any changes? Or did the only changes result from Present Hiro visiting the future and returning back with the knowledge he gained and then affecting people in the present as a result of it, like he did Nathan? His "villain" guilt trip on Nathan is likely what gave Nathan the extra push he needed to follow his conscience and save Peter/the city. However, all Future Hiro did was tell Peter to save the cheerleader, but that in itself wasn't enough to prevent the disaster. Nathan's intervention was the key.

So maybe the past can't be changed afterall? Only the future? As again, I'm not sure if Future Hiro's visits to the past ultimately accomplished anything...but then again, the very fact he met and had a convo with Peter is a change in the past, even if it didn't affect things on a larger scale.
                    I think Future Hiro's visit did ultimately change the past, even with just that one conversation. Present Hiro while ready to embrace his abilities and use them for mankind, lacked focus and direction - until he heard the message given by his future self to save the cheerleader. The graphic novel shows that Future Hiro wasn't given the same focus and had to discover the saving of the cheerleader for himself.
                    I also believe (although I'm sure I'm in the minority) that the revelations discovered in Five Years Later (such as Peter being the bomb, Claire surviving, etc) was a result of changes in the past affecting the future.

Comment

Originally posted by last man of krypton
                      I think Future Hiro's visit did ultimately change the past, even with just that one conversation. Present Hiro while ready to embrace his abilities and use them for mankind, lacked focus and direction - until he heard the message given by his future self to save the cheerleader.
                      Great point. So Future Hiro's actions definitely made a difference, and the past definitely can be changed by a traveler from the future. This of course would all be paradoxical if Heroes wasn't following a "multiple timeline" concept of the universe -- the cheapest/easiest concept for time travel stories to avoid potential paradox messes.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎