X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jealousy

Title: Jealousy
    Author: Vovkulak
    Rating:T
    Summary: Kara comes to town and causes tension between Lana and Chloe. Lois has some news that shocks Clark. And what is Lex's plan with 33.1? Will he get his revenge?
    Warnings: None really.

This is my new story, the continuation of 'Experiments.' I didn't really feel like re-introducing Kara, so Clark already knows her and everything. I hope you like the first chapter. Here it is:

Chapter One

Chloe awoke to the sound of her alarm clock buzzing. Groggily she lifted her arm and smacked the clock. Not knowing her own strength, the clock smashed against her night stand.

Chloe lifted her head up. “Oh Crap, not again!”

She retreated back into her covers, pulling them over her head. She heard her bedroom door open, and offered a slight groan.

“Time to wake up, sleeping beauty.”

Chloe felt a figure plop down beside her. She pulled back the covers to reveal Lana sitting beside her, a cup of coffee in her hand.

Lana grinned at Chloe. “Morning, sunshine.”

Chloe sat up as Lana handed her the cup. “You seem chipper,” Chloe commented, taking a sip of the coffee.

Lana laughed and leaned over, kissing Chloe on the cheek. “I’m just a morning person.”

Chloe raised an eyebrow and smiled. “You suck.” She placed the coffee on the night stand beside the broken clock.

“You did it again?” Lana asked, slightly amused.

Chloe shrugged. “It was playing that annoying song I hate.”

“It wasn’t the clocks fault.”

Chloe watched as Lana got up and opened the blinds to her window. Sunshine filled the room quickly. Chloe held up a hand and winced.

“What time is it?”

Lana sat back down beside Chloe. She looked at her wristwatch. “If you hadn’t broken your clock, you would know.”

“Very funny.”

Lana laughed. “9:00 am.”

“You woke me up this early. On a Saturday?”

“You have a problem with it?”

Chloe grabbed her arm and pulled Lana over to her. “As a matter of fact, I do.”

Lana grinned and kissed Chloe. She placed her head on Chloe’s shoulder.

“I just wanna go back to sleep.” Chloe said.

“Well, you can’t. You promised you’d come with me downtown today.”

Chloe frowned. “Can’t Lois take you?”

Lana smiled and got up, walking to the door. She turned back to Chloe. “Okay. I guess it’ll be Lois who I make out with in the line at Starbucks while we wait for our coffee.”

Chloe threw the covers back. “I’m up.”

“Good.” Lana turned and walked out.

Chloe stood up. “You know, your really good at the whole manipulating thing!” Chloe yelled after her.

--------------------------------------------

After showering and dressing, Chloe walked into the living room where Clark, Lois and Lana were waiting.

“God, you take longer than Clark.” Lois said.

Chloe threw her a disapproving look. “Shut up.”

They heard a knock at the door. Lois got up to answer it while Chloe took a seat beside Lana.

“You better keep that whole making out in the line promise,” Chloe whispered.

Clark grinned. “Hello, super-hearing.”

Chloe smacked his arm. “Pervert.”

They heard the door slam, and their heads snapped up. Instinctively, Clark and Chloe stood up.

“Lois?” Clark asked.

When noone answered, Chloe walked forward a little. Something sped by, knocking Chloe off her feet. She flew to the floor in front of Clark.

“Chloe!” Lana yelled, kneeling down beside her.

Chloe winced as the figure came to a stop.

A young, blonde girl stood in front of them.

Clark stepped forward. He let out a frustrated sigh.

“Hello, Kal-El.”

Clark nodded his head in greeting.

“Kara.”
    Last edited by Vovkulak; 11-02-2007, 05:35 PM.

You beauty!!! Been eagerly awaiting the sequel and you have't let me down - love it.... particularly the way Lana manipulates Chloe... although I can imagine Chloe being a sucker for that sort of thing. Anywayz, good job... can't wait for more.

Comment

Awesome
      Chlana and Kara's arrival were great.
      Can't wait for more.

Comment

Hey guys, I'll be updating ASAP. School has had me caved in like a avalanche. No joke. Thanks for the patience, and I'll have the next chapter up in a bit ^_^

Comment

Understood... thank God my uni. year is almost over!!! LOL

Comment

ppms

Comment

Sorry for the long update. I've been so busy. It took me forever to work on this chapter, though I'm not sure I'm as impressed with it as I thought I would be. Ah well, I'll let you guys be the judge of that.

Kara stood in front of them, a bold smile on her face.

“What, no ‘Nice to see you, cousin?’”.

Clark frowned. “What are you doing here?”

Chloe winced as she struggled to her feet. She wiped off her jeans and threw a look at Kara. “Nice to see you again, Kara. Though it would be nice if you knocked.”

Clark’s eyes went wide. “Lois!”

Lois appeared from the other side of the room. “I’m fine. A little broken, but I’ll live.”

Kara shrugged. “I guess I don’t know my own strength.”

“You think?” Chloe said sarcastically.

Kara raised an eyebrow and walked towards Chloe. “Sorry to knock you down. You alright?”

Clark interjected before Chloe could answer. “Hey, you still didn’t answer my question.”

“I just wanted to pay my family a little visit. Is there anything wrong with that?”

“Oh God, Kara, who did you kill?”

Kara’s mouth opened in shock. “Kal-El! I would never hurt another human being.”

She looked at Lois and Chloe. “Well, not intentionally.”

Her gaze fell upon Lana. She smiled. “Lana, long time no see.”

Lana smiled back. “Nice to see you again.”

Kara held out her hand. Lana took it. Their eyes locked for a few seconds before Lois cleared her throat, interrupting them.

“So, Kara, want to come along downtown then? Everyone else seems to be going.”

Chloe threw Lois a look, and crossed her arms.

Kara smiled, looking between everyone. She turned to Lana. “Will you be going?”

Lana nodded and smiled. “Yeah.”

“Then I’ll go. I want to catch up with you. Clark’s been telling me so much.”

Chloe rolled her eyes. “Really?” She asked, a little sarcastically.

Kara ignored Chloe and turned to Clark. “Is it alright if I come?”

Clark hesitated for a second. He looked at Chloe, who looked like she was about to shoot fire out of her eyes.

“I guess so, sure.” He faked a smile.

Chloe uncrossed her arms. “Why don’t you guys go on ahead. I’ll catch up with you later.” She pointed behind her, to her room. “I have a deadline I should probably work on.”

Lana frowned a little. “You promised, though.”

“Well, I’m sure Kara can keep the promise for you,” Chloe answered, throwing a glance at Kara.

Lana leaned over and kissed Chloe’s cheek. “Alright. But show up soon, okay? We’re going to buy Latte’s.”

Chloe nodded and smiled. “Yeah, I’m sure I’ll be done soon. Nothing can keep me away from my Mocha Latte.”

Lana and Kara went on ahead. Clark stayed behind, walking up to Chloe.

“You alright?”

Chloe nodded. “Just go and have some fun, don’t worry about me.”

Lois threw an apologetic glance to Chloe. She and Clark walked out of the apartment to catch up with the others.

“Was it just me, or did I sense some tension?” Lois asked, as she walked with Clark to the car.

Clark hesitated. “Kara and Lana sort of have...a history.”

Lois stared at Clark for a second. “What do you mean....Oh!” She covered her mouth with her hand. “That kind of history?”

“Yeah.” Clark said, opening the car door for Lois. “Chloe’s still mad at Kara about what she did to Lana.”

Lois threw a confused glance his way. “What she did?”

Clark got into the driver’s seat and started the car. He watched for a moment as Lana’s car pulled out of the parking lot.

“I’ll tell you on the way to Metropolis.”

Lois nodded. “This should make for an interesting story.” She turned her body to face Clark. “Why am I always the last to know these things?”

Okay, don't hate me!! I made Kara and Lana have a history, yes. But I thought it would be more interesting. Besides, who else would Lana have a history with? Lois? No, so don't be mad . There aren't a lot of people in the show to have Lana have a history with, and I suck at making Original Characters. It will get better, I swear.
              Last edited by Vovkulak; 11-13-2007, 03:55 PM.

Comment

*does a happy dance*

YEAH... now get back to it.... I'm hungering for more. LOL

Comment

“I just wanted to pay my family a little visit. Is there anything wrong with that?”

“Oh God, Kara, who did you kill?”

Awesome update.
                  Can't wait for Lana/Kara history.
                  Please post more soon.
                  Last edited by samanta; 11-15-2007, 04:45 PM.

Comment

really enjoying this series of stories. the whole lana/kara relationship is a great twist. looking forward to a new update

Comment

Oh gosh, Guys, I'm so sorry for not updating faster. School has been hectic (And I mean HECTIC!). I kept feeling bad for not being able to update. I was up at 5 am to update, and I think I like this chapter =). But here's a chapter for you, and I promise, the next update will not be a long wait. Enjoy!

Lois watched Clark’s face as he drove along.

“So, are you going to tell me or not?”

Clark sighed and glanced at her quickly before turning his attention back to the road. “Alright, it’s a long story, though.”

Lois crossed her arms. “We have a few hours.”

Clark smiled at Lois’s persistence. He gripped the steering wheel.

“This is how it all started.”

One Year Ago

Clark came into the kitchen, smiling as he smelled the aroma of muffins. He nodded his head in a greeting to his mother and went straight for the newly made muffins. Biting into one, he closed his eyes.

“Hmm, Blueberry.”

Martha smiled and grabbed the muffin from Clark. “You’re going to spoil your dinner. We have a special guest.”

“Guest?”

As if on cue, a wind whipped through the kitchen. Clark’s hair flew into his face. When he moved it out of his eyes, he saw Kara standing there.

“Hey, cousin.”

Clark smiled brightly. “Kara, nice to see you again.”

Kara smiled back. “It’s always nice to see me, isn’t it?”

Clark shook his head, still grinning. “Yeah, it is.”

A knock on the door made everyone’s attention switch. Lana smiled through the front door and waved to Clark.

“Lana, Come in.” Martha greeted, grabbing plates for the dinner table.

She entered, her smile cast on Kara. "Hey, a newcomer."

Kara smiled and stepped forward, holding out her hand. "I'm Kara, Kal...I mean, Clark's cousin," she said.

Lana shook Kara's hand. "It's nice to meet you."

Lana smiled and nodded her head, keeping eye contact with Kara. "Likewise."

Clark cleared his throat, making Lana and Kara jump.

"Anyone for dinner?"

Kara took her hand away from Lana's and blushed a little, pushing a stray peice of hair behind her head. "I'd love some." Turning to Martha, she said, "Clark has been telling me what a fantastic Cook you are."

Martha smiled and cocked her head at Clark. "You've been telling lies about me again?" She laughed, lightly hitting Clark on the arm.

"Only the truth, mom." Clark replied.

After dinner, and Kara commenting on how this was the best food she'd ever tasted on this earth, Lana and Kara stood in the barn, looking out over the fields.

"So, you and Clark have a history?" Kara asked, looking out of the window.

Lana smiled, and looked down. "Barely. With his powers and my being human, we could never really have a relationship."

"I think in your language here on earth, the correct repsonse is 'that sucks'." Kara smiled.

Lana laughed and looked up, to see Kara's gaze now on her. "Yeah, it did suck. But I'm over him, you know? He's moved on with Lois."

Kara took a deep breathe. "That over hyper girl that I met a while ago?"

"Yeah, that's her."

Kara shrugged. "His loss."

Lana looked at her for a second. She felt her cheeks turn hot, and quickly looked down, glad that Kara was now looking out the window again.

"I guess so."

"But enough about Clark, what about you?" Kara asked, turning to face Lana. She leaned slightly on the window sill, on arm at her side. "What's your story?"

"It's pretty long, you sure you want to hear?"

"I'm a very patient person. Hello, I spent 18 years in a spaceship under the damn."

Lana giggled a little, looking at Kara again. "Well, when the first meteor shower hit, my parents were killed." She looked down again. "I was there when it happened."

Kara's smile turned into a frown. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to.."

"No, it's fine. I'm okay to talk about it." Lana intureppted. "It was a long time ago."

Kara grinned again a little. "You've turned into a great person, you know."

Lana smiled, despite the sadness she felt bringing up her parents again. "Yeah, I know."

"You should." Kara replied.

"So," Lana grinned, looking at Kara. "Now it's time to tell me your story."

Kara laughed and looked out the window again. "There's not much to tell. I grew up on Krypton, I left to follow Kal El, and I ended up trapped for 18 years."

Lana smiled. "There has to be more to it than that. Tell me what Krypton was like."

Kara looked at her for a split second before turning away again. A smile overtook her face.

"It was...home."

Lana waited for Kara to continue.

"Everyone I loved was there. My mother, my father. Sure, we have a bad reputation for being savage blood spillers, but if you were there, you'd see that we were a really nice race. We didn't have all the technology that you guys have, but we didn't care about that. All we cared about was each other."

Lana smiled as she watched Kara talk.

"It was an amazing place." She pushed herself off the window sill and walked to the couch and sat down. "I really miss it."

Lana came and sat down beside her. "It's hard coming to a new place, trying to adjust."

Kara nodded. "Clark's really been taken care of. Seeing him so happy, it makes me happy for him. I can tell he was raised well." She looked at Lana and smiled. "With A great family and great friends."

Blushing at the last part, Lana cleared her throat. "Would you like something more to drink, I'm thirsty, are you?"

Kara surpressed a laugh as Lana got up. She grabbed her arm and pulled her back down, her strength making Lana bounce a little on the couch.

"You don't have to be embarrassed around me."

"What?" Lana asked.

Kara grinned lazily. "I can feel it."

Lana cocked her head. "Feel it?"

"I can feel you warm up when your around me. I can hear your heart pound." She pointed a finger at her head. "Superhearing."

Lana coughed and put a hand to her chest, her cheeks turning red.

"Are you alright?" Kara asked, putting a hand on her shoulder.

Lana nodded and got up, walking to the window. "Wow."

Kara stood up as well. "I'm sorry, I came on too fast. I'm still not used to your human ways." She turned to the stairs. "I'll go."

Lana turned to her and walked over, putting a hand on Kara's shoulder. She turned her around. "Don't. It's just....I've never heard anyone say that to me." She laughed. "Of course, I've only met two people from Krypton." She smiled.

Kara smiled as well. "Did I come on too strong?"

Lana leaned in, and gently pressed her lips to Kara's. When she pulled away, a grin was on her face.

"Not strong enough."

Kara laughed and embraced Lana. They heard footsteps come up the stairs and broke the hug. Clark appeared, a smile on his face.

"Everything alright?" He asked.

Lana and Kara looked at each other and smiled.

"Everything's fine," Lana answered, taking hold of Kara's hand.

"And that's how it all started," Clark finished.

"Holy Crap." Lois replied.

"I know, eh?" Clark said, his eyes now on the road. "I mean, who would have though those two would have gotten together."

"So why did she leave?"

"Huh?"

"Kara, what got between them?"

Clark frowned. "Who do you think?"

"Is his daddy a billionare?"

Clark nodded. "Lex." He looked out the window. "He didn't want anyone or anything or anyone ruining his chance at getting together with Lana."

"But why? Kara could kick his butt in a second."

Clark shrugged. "I don't know. But When Lex found out that Lana and Kara were together, he went to Kara and threatened Lana."

"Why didn't she just snap his neck?"

"Because she knew that if she did, Lex's men would be all over Lana in a minute. Not even Kara can protect Lana from Lex. She may have grown up on Krypton, but she learned our ways pretty fast. I mean, look what happened to Chloe."

Lois winced at the memories. "Yeah, I remember."

"So Kara made up a story and flew off. Lana was heartbroken."

"So a year later, the ex returns."

Clark nodded. "The ex returns," he repeated.

Lois sighed and looked out the window as well. "Man, our lives have turned into a soap opera."

So, love it? Hate it? The only way to tell me is to reply. . <3
                      Last edited by Vovkulak; 11-29-2007, 05:33 AM.

Comment

excellent update. Well worth the wait. Looking forward to the next chapter. I hope Kara doesn't come between chloe and lana permanently

Comment

Thanks, Lizbif. I hope to have more up soon =)

Comment

Another ace job - PPMS I beg of you... love this one so much. And as much as I don't want to see a Chlana break up, was loving the Kara/Lana back story there... cute!

Comment

Awesome update.
                              Can't wait for more.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍