Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can they please give chloe something to do!?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dustmite
    Why is she uber selfish for wanting to be cured?

As for her family and friends, if Jimmy had stopped harping on about how evil MFs were, maybe she would have told him.
    Hhmm... I don't think that Chloe is uber-selfish for wanting to be cured. It makes sense -- given the same situation, I would probably just as freaked out and scared as she is.

However, I don't think it's Jimmy's fault about the whole meteor freak comments he's made. He told her that he had always felt that CHLOE was mean to people who were infected and after going through so many things, he's realizing that she was right. He was just agreeing with her.

It's just ironic that he came around to her way of thinking around the same time that she had completely altered her own opinion due to the fact that she had become of the people she used to write about. It's flipped around -- she used to write about this subject and now she is the subject. So, suddenly, using the word "freak" is wrong and you have to say "meteor challenged". Well, she wasn't being politcally correct before, was she? Only after SHE found out she one of "them" did she bother to look at them as human beings.

So why is it that Jimmy is now suddenly to be hated because he feels the same way Chloe used to for years?

Also, we can't use Jimmy's comments as an excuse for why Chloe can't be honest with him. Isn't this the same scenario that Chloe was on Clark's case for years about??? He was afraid that Lana wouldn't understand and Chloe told him he should be honest, no matter what?? Now, when it's her turn, she doesn't give Jimmy the same due that she expected Clark to give Lana. So, she's a hypocrite.

Comment

Originally posted by eas
      Well, I didn't say that Chloe was dancing for joy -- nor did I imply that she wasn't affected or hurt by the break up. Clearly, she's quite affected because she mentions Jimmy quite a few times in "Action" (and Clark ignores her) and she clearly still wants to be friends with Jimmy in "Kara".

However -- the fact that Jimmy is not fending off Kara's advances doesn't make Jimmy a bad guy or detract from how he felt about Chloe. It's been a couple of months (I think) since Chloe/Jimmy broke up & let's face it -- Kara is a hot, smart, funny, and interesting girl who is clearly enamored by Jimmy and respects him a lot. WHY wouldn't he go ahead and pursue something with her? He has no reason not to. I, personally, respect him more for having enough self-confidence to see that Kara could be good for him and moving forward with his life, as opposed to taking the route that Clark would -- obsessing and pining for an eternity.

It's sad, but I feel like Jimmy is acting more like a mature man here than Clark ever has.
      Only problem I see in that is that Clark has powers and his secret to hide, and Jimmy doesn't. Clark has to think really hard about being in a relationship and if it is going to work, while Jimmy has nothing to worry about along those same lines. Clark has it rough. Cyborg was in love with that one girl, and she threw him away because of his abilities. Same thing happens to Clark.

Comment

Originally posted by Demne
        Only problem I see in that is that Clark has powers and his secret to hide, and Jimmy doesn't. Clark has to think really hard about being in a relationship and if it is going to work, while Jimmy has nothing to worry about along those same lines. Clark has it rough. Cyborg was in love with that one girl, and she threw him away because of his abilities. Same thing happens to Clark.
        Yes, that's true. However, that doesn't mean that Clark needs to pine after Lana for 7 years. That doesn't excuse Clark's immaturity when it comes to how he deals with Lana. He should have moved on by now.

In this case, with Jimmy, you're right -- he has NO reason not to date Kara. So what if he just broke up with Chloe? A lot of people start going out with new people a few weeks after breaking up with someone. No need to mope and pine for years.

Comment

Originally posted by eas
          Yes, that's true. However, that doesn't mean that Clark needs to pine after Lana for 7 years. That doesn't excuse Clark's immaturity when it comes to how he deals with Lana. He should have moved on by now.

Because the Smallville years are about Clark and Lana. Lana was his Smallville sweetheart. He meets up with her in Superman 3 to rekindle a little bit of their youth. Kinda hard for her not to be an important part of his life throughout the years.

Comment

Originally posted by samwinchestermustdie
            i'm putting a bet on clana killing chloe. the way they are dumping on her somethings bad is going to happen.
            I was thinking the same thing.
            But then I thought - Chloe is invincible.
            Lana might try to kill her, but it won't be successfull.
            Chloe's powers will beat all odds and shine soon - is what I think.
            Last edited by litew8; 11-02-2007, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Didn't Chloe harp on Clark for years about meteor freaks till she found out about his abilities?
              Yes and it's pretty obvious that she is scared of what she is now capable of and has no idea in which direction this 'ability' will take her.

Same thing right here, except now she is doing exactly what she told Clark not to do.
              Yep and I don't like it much either but more people blame Lana then they blame Clark. Why the double standard when it come to Chloe?

Jimmy loved Chloe and he would have supported her
              How can you say that with such certainty? We have no idea how Jimmy would have reacted. I think he'd have been pretty damn freaked out.

Jimmy did not hook up with Kara, he had dinner with her, and just last episode she gave him a peck kiss and she invited him to chinese dinner.
              It's totally platonic then. Sorry my mistake.

Great for him! Chloe won't give him the time of day and why should he waste an opportunity with a woman who is one of the hottest girls in Smallville
              Chloe and Jimmy went out for a year. She gave him plenty of time. And when did I say he shouldn't go out with Kara. I said he doesn't seem too heartbroken over his break up with Chloe.

for Chloe who wont even go out with him after he paid for everything.
              That happened once.

But she is doing it behind everyones back and she lies consistantly to everyone.
              Should she announce it in the newspaper so she can be taken apart in some lab. She lied to Jimmy and now she doesn't have to because they are no longer together.

Chloe is the problem and always was.
              I don't understand that statement. Is that in reference to the Chlimmy relationship. If so, no no one has to worry about Chloe being the problem anymore because Jimmy is with Kara now who will never ever lie to him and will at all times be completely open and honest.

Comment

Because the Smallville years are about Clark and Lana. Lana was his Smallville sweetheart. He meets up with her in Superman 3 to rekindle a little bit of their youth. Kinda hard for her not to be an important part of his life throughout the years.
                Yes, but he's not in high school anymore. I think that it worked for the first few years. But, as he grew older, it has become very redundant and has impacted his character negatively.

And, yes, "Superman III" did focus on the Clark and Lana relationship a bit, but it was not exactly a good movie. In fact, it's widely considered to be one of the worst versions of Superman out there. (Although I did think that Annette O'Toole was very sweet in that movie.)

Comment

I'm sure it would be possible to write seven years of Clana well. But that is not the case with this show. Clana seems to me to be holding everything back. For no good reason. Just my opinion. I fully realize that there are viewers who find the past seven years of Clana on Smallville fun and interesting. I'm just not one of them.

I did enjoy it in Superman 3 though as a whole that move really sucked. And Lois was cut out and replaced by Lana for political reasons and not creative ones.

Comment

Originally posted by eas
                    Yes, but he's not in high school anymore. I think that it worked for the first few years. But, as he grew older, it has become very redundant and has impacted his character negatively.

And, yes, "Superman III" did focus on the Clark and Lana relationship a bit, but it was not exactly a good movie. In fact, it's widely considered to be one of the worst versions of Superman out there. (Although I did think that Annette O'Toole was very sweet in that movie.)
                    Don't get me wrong, the director did a horrible job. But even in Superman: The Movie Clark had the hots for Lana. Superman 3, he still had the hots for Lana. Its his Highschool crush and if Lois was not such a big part of his life.. He probably would have married Lana Lang instead. If you went back to your high school reunion and you saw the girl that you had a crush on and she was still as beautiful as she was then and single.. I would probably be interested in her as well. Lana certainly was interested in Clark that is for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Dustmite
                      Yes and it's pretty obvious that she is scared of what she is now capable of and has no idea in which direction this 'ability' will take her.

Yep and I don't like it much either but more people blame Lana then they blame Clark. Why the double standard when it come to Chloe?

How can you say that with such certainty? We have no idea how Jimmy would have reacted. I think he'd have been pretty damn freaked out.

It's totally platonic then. Sorry my mistake.

Chloe and Jimmy went out for a year. She gave him plenty of time. And when did I say he shouldn't go out with Kara. I said he doesn't seem too heartbroken over his break up with Chloe.

That happened once.

Should she announce it in the newspaper so she can be taken apart in some lab. She lied to Jimmy and now she doesn't have to because they are no longer together.

I don't understand that statement. Is that in reference to the Chlimmy relationship. If so, no no one has to worry about Chloe being the problem anymore because Jimmy is with Kara now who will never ever lie to him and will at all times be completely open and honest.

I agree with everything you said. People saying how horrible Chloe was for lying to Jimmy, will be in for a surprise when Kara does the same thing. If Chloe's awful for keeping her secret, then Kara is too.

Kara's going to be lying, and running off on Jimmy also, then give him a lame excuse for it. So much for Kara "trusting him".

Comment

Re: Re: can they please give chloe something to do!?

Originally posted by Jory
                        Couldn't agree more.

I thought TPTB were going to explore her power, what it is, if it can be controlled etc, but with Kara on the show I guess they decided not to. It's pretty idiotic to introduce something and not explore it. They should never have given her powers if nothings going to come of it.

What happened to Chloe's interview in "Action"?They introduced that and never followed through.

Now you have Jimmy (who obviously was never that much in love with her) eyeing kara when he was still with Chloe, and now is in love with Kara. Guess he didn't have too deep of feelings for Chloe since he got over her fast.

TPTB have to make sure they make it be known that Chloe is,not only, ugly but also undesireable (Jimmy's "whoa" after Kara kissed him), in their opinions.

Is it any wonder that Allison is ,probably, leaving after the season is over? TPTB must feel that she is also ugly and undesireable, if they are trying to say that about the character she plays. Jerks.

I'm really getting tired of them kicking Chloe while she's down.
                        I think you are probably right and I find it so depressing. Chloe is such a wonderful character and Allison is so good! I have been fighting this conclusion for many years because I just couldn't admit it to myself and I think that Allison is so pretty.
                        For me Clark's "choosing" Lana over Chloe was his personal choice and not some blanket statement of Lana being pretty and Chloe being undesirable. I never had a problem with this because, as expressed by TW, he was clearly move in love with Lana -- personal choice. But now with the Kara / Jimmy storyline TPTB do seem to me moving back to Chloe is to ugly to love and never worth choosing.

It is very hard to know what someone is truly thinking but I wonder sometimes if Al/Miles resent AM because she is such a better actress the any of the younger cast members. When she has a good story line she is simply on fire and even though it was very hard to experience, the Chimmy break up scene was wonderfully acted by both AA and AM. Really John Glover is the only one on the show with the same kind of acting chops. God I wish they would have more scenes together.
                        What I find so surprising is that Chloe is Al/Miles most unique creation on Smallville and so much of what Chloe has become is due to AM. They do no seem to appreciate her very much.

For me I think that 7 years is enough time for Allison to be playing Chloe and it might be a good thing if she moved on. She really belongs in feature films.

Comment

The difference between Chimmy and Clana and more...

Well I'll speak for myself and say that initially Clark was to blame for the failure of Clana. Lana said they could never be together if he didn't tell her the truth, he didn't tell her the truth, they weren't together. THEN unlike Jimmy, who said he couldn't take it and left. Lana continued to come back to Clark. She continually went back on her resolve to not be with Clark with out knowing his secret only to rake him over the coals for not telling her.

*SNORE*

I'm sorry but it just doesn't make sense to me that they would resent AM for being talented. LOL! Lots of people only watch the show because of AM. So seems like they'd be patting themselves on the back for their great casting choices.

If the Smallville creators think that people hate Lana because she's pretty... that would explain why they continue to make the same old mistakes in writing her. I wonder why they LOVE Lana. Maybe they were quick to jump to the conclusion that people hate Lana b/c she's pretty b/c they love Lana for that reason. LOL!

I think Chloe has a lot to do... most of it unfortunately seems to happen in Offscreenville while we watch Lana Lang Luthor torture people.
                          Last edited by ginnyfan; 11-02-2007, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: can they please give chloe something to do!?

Originally posted by owensj1
                            I think you are probably right and I find it so depressing. Chloe is such a wonderful character and Allison is so good! I have been fighting this conclusion for many years because I just couldn't admit it to myself and I think that Allison is so pretty.
                            For me Clark's "choosing" Lana over Chloe was his personal choice and not some blanket statement of Lana being pretty and Chloe being undesirable. I never had a problem with this because, as expressed by TW, he was clearly move in love with Lana -- personal choice. But now with the Kara / Jimmy storyline TPTB do seem to me moving back to Chloe is to ugly to love and never worth choosing.

It is very hard to know what someone is truly thinking but I wonder sometimes if Al/Miles resent AM because she is such a better actress the any of the younger cast members. When she has a good story line she is simply on fire and even though it was very hard to experience, the Chimmy break up scene was wonderfully acted by both AA and AM. Really John Glover is the only one on the show with the same kind of acting chops. God I wish they would have more scenes together.
                            What I find so surprising is that Chloe is Al/Miles most unique creation on Smallville and so much of what Chloe has become is due to AM. They do no seem to appreciate her very much.

For me I think that 7 years is enough time for Allison to be playing Chloe and it might be a good thing if she moved on. She really belongs in feature films.

I agree. I had hoped that TPTB thinking that about Chloe wasn't true; however, the Kara/Jimmy thing confirmed it to me. After reading older interviews with Al and Miles, it really is sad to think that they believe that about Chloe (and by extension Allison).

All you ever hear/read is how beautiful Lana is. And the actresses of Kristin,Erica and Laura in interviews by Al and Miles. They NEVER compliment Allison. Now Al says how it would be so hard for Jimmy to walk away from Kara(the "hot" one). Implying that it's easy to walk away from Chloe(the "ugly"one), it's sickening really. What a jerk.

I also thought TPTB would be excited that Chloe was popular for the reasons you state,but that clearly isn't the case.

Hopefully Allison will end up where she and her talents are appreciated, because it's obvious that isn't on Smallville. She's treated like pond scum.

Comment

When did TPTB ever use the word 'ugly' to describe AM or Chloe?
                              Last edited by harryandginnyfanatic; 11-02-2007, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Really. They'd have to be blind to think that.

I think the real problem is that due to the way they write Lana if anyone else dated Lex and/or Clark... her character would become purposeless...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎