Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mistakes/Inconsistencies & Plotholes in Lara

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find it wierd that the Kent's changed apsolutly nothing in thier house in atleast 21 years.

They really should have redressed the set to make it look like the 80s. sort of like how they redressed it in the third season to make it look like the 60s.

I also find it wierd that even though it is 1986, the Kents had a modern tv.

They were really lazy with this one.

Comment

Originally posted by chelli
      the 10% of our brains actualy used is a medical certainty and not a myth put forth by Psychics a few humans have exceeded that capacity Look at Beetehoven and Einstein for example
      So it is very well possible that Kryptonians could have naturally expanded their abilitys ove milleia
      but as far a evolving they're now now being portrayed as beset by envies and jealousies such as we have
      Part of reason toward looking to the heavens is to find a human utopia deviod of our imperfections and The original saga was based that Krypton had oiut grown those baser instincts with only the exception few

I'm not going to even bother arguing this and just post links.

Comment

Originally posted by JudasAce
        I think by now, Clark would have learned that when he sees a bunch of green glowy stuff to NOT WALK TOWARDS IT!
        Especially after the 'it can kill you to Kara'.

'It can kil lil' you Kara, but I possess Superman... er... um.. luck in that Chloe shows up to pull me to safety all the time? Maybe Jimmy will become your Krypto- savior too?'

Originally posted by GaidinDre
        The risk is if something unforeseen happens that prevents you from getting back in a reasonable amount of time.
        True that. On the irresponsible post though, my family often put on the crock pot while we went to church.

That meant that you had nice, steaming hot lunch when the sermon was over. That was the most realistic thing that I found in this episode...
        Last edited by Serynarpc; 11-05-2007, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HeddyH
          The Kents left their oven on while they were at church!
          Irresponsible..
          no it wasent.she was cooking a turkey.it takes up to 8 hours to cook. it must be cooked slow to ensure it comes out nice and moist, tender and delicious. on thanksgiving you put your turkey on at about 6 in the morning than go back to bed (or go to church, the store, jog or whatever) now im hungry....

Comment

I agree but it was a Sunday roast and not a thanksgiving day turkey
            you heard lara say that

Comment

I wonder what kind of pot roast they cook on Krypton

Perhaps Lara should have taken the pot roast out of the oven with her bare hands. Blasted it with her heat vision to speed up it's cooking then Lara, Kara and Zor-el could have tucked in and finished off the dinner before the Kents got home

Comment

there is wild speculation in the kryponite theory here even if a kryptomian can be weakend by green krypyomie poisoning doesn't detract that the physiology would be affected as wel
                one can not asume that kryptonite weakens the cellur structure of the body as well that even aan earth made needle can pentrate the sjin
                for a krtyptonian bodys atoms are packed seveal times more densely it woiuld take kryptonian elements to produce one that would be stromg enough to penetraye the skin
                Krypton is a heavy gravity planet as well which would have meant in order to evolve the celluar structure would have toi be denser as well
                and knowing krypyonite is deadly to krryptonians no way implies a weaker celluar constituion as well
                a fact that theyDS wouldn't know aboiut they were using earth based elements and not native kryptonian elements when using the needles
                Only a lack of biologigal and medical knowledge would assume that to be true
                kryptomite bein harmless to humans yet deadly to kryptonians id laughable as well when they walk away from a 20 ,egaton bomb and only be affected by the radiation from kryptonite kryptonite would turn earthers to ashes instantly as we have a much losser xell structure
                ithe only way that would make sense to me would be to administer it transdrmallt then

Comment

I was going to put this as a Kara plothole/inconsistency, but after thinking about it more, Kara was an earlier episode and gave out the facts first.

But in Kara, Kara says that she never saw Lara happier than the day Lara found out she was pregnant. This means that Kara was present. Yet in Lara, the erased memory showed that Kara didn't know about Lara being pregnant until some time after Lara found out. With that memory (which was the original occasion in which Kara found out that Lara was pregnant) having been repressed at the time of the episode Kara, the next time she could have found out about the pregnancy was even later. So the facts in Lara don't jive with what was presented in Kara.

I know this is more minor than some of the other stuff, but I wanted to point it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch
                    I think I can answer this one. I believe in "Memoria" Lara said "What if they don't love him..." ("they" referring to the Kents) Perhaps she was having last minute doubts, afraid they wouldn't accept him because he's an alien? Does that make sense?
                    Phew! It certainly does Twitch. I don't want anything ruining Memoria in terms of series continuity!

Comment

• Originally posted by xrayvision
                      I was going to put this as a Kara plothole/inconsistency, but after thinking about it more, Kara was an earlier episode and gave out the facts first.

But in Kara, Kara says that she never saw Lara happier than the day Lara found out she was pregnant. This means that Kara was present. Yet in Lara, the erased memory showed that Kara didn't know about Lara being pregnant until some time after Lara found out. With that memory (which was the original occasion in which Kara found out that Lara was pregnant) having been repressed at the time of the episode Kara, the next time she could have found out about the pregnancy was even later. So the facts in Lara don't jive with what was presented in Kara.

I know this is more minor than some of the other stuff, but I wanted to point it out.
                      Correct.
                      There is nothing that can explain it, except maybe the fact that Lara was present when Zor-el memory wiped Kara. So, when they came back to Krypton, Lara could've easily told everything to Jor-el... Since he's a scientist, maybe he did something to Kara while she was asleep to repress the effect of Zor-el's crystal.
                      Meeting Kal-el and everything else, Kara could've suffered from minor amnesia, since she was 'hibernating' in that animation state for 19 years or so...

That's really as stretched as it can be...the writers suck !

Comment

• Kara seemed veeeery capable with the camera. Not that it's hard, but I dunno... I found that kinda funny hehe.

This is nitpicking, but there's no freakin' way that photo of Jonathan was from before Clark came to them (the usual one you see where he has his arms on his knees). lol. I just thought that it was kinda weird with a young photo of Martha, but the usual of Jonathan. But like I said, it's nitpicking since it's in the background lol.

And kryptonians speak english? :P

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎