No announcement yet.

Mistakes/Inconsistencies & Plotholes in Lara

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

^
    Hacking isn't something you read about in a book - for a start it is illegal.

I would imagine it's something you get better at with practice, experience and research on the internet.

Kara could not learn to be a super hacker from a book. I put this down to just poor script writing and convenience.

Comment

The things that bothered me most were Kara's memories. First, it makes no sense for Kryptonians to speak English among themselves, especially when still on Krypton. They should've had them speak some made up language and have subtitles or something. And second, Kara told Zor-El that the journey to earth takes three YEARS. A year, by definiton, is the time it takes EARTH to circle OUR sun once. Why would a Kryptonian use or even know such a measure? [/B]
      18 Kryptonian years = 25 earth years. In other words, a Kryptonian year is 1.38 of an Earth year.
      (quoted from http://forums.comicbookresources.com....php?t=129344, post by JulianPerez)

There was another portal, linking the Phantom Zone with the Earth (when Clark and the phantoms escape in Season 6 premiere)

Comment

Originally posted by limi

The things that bothered me most were Kara's memories. First, it makes no sense for Kryptonians to speak English among themselves, especially when still on Krypton. They should've had them speak some made up language and have subtitles or something. And second, Kara told Zor-El that the journey to earth takes three YEARS. A year, by definiton, is the time it takes EARTH to circle OUR sun once. Why would a Kryptonian use or even know such a measure?
        Ok, first off, that's not a plothole. That's the way it's always been done. What'd you expect the writers to do, try to teach them how to talk in a different language for one episode? It's always been done like this, dating back to the Superman movies.

Comment

Originally posted by FoxHoundito
          18 Kryptonian years = 25 earth years. In other words, a Kryptonian year is 1.38 of an Earth year.
          (quoted from http://forums.comicbookresources.com....php?t=129344, post by JulianPerez)
          This proves my point. Clark was a baby when he was sent from Krypton and was 3, probably close to 4 years old when he arrived here, meaning he traveled 3 EARTH YEARS. Since in the memory Kara said the journey takes 3 years, she was using earth years which, as I said, is very unlikely. Besides, it seems strange to me that a different civilization, one that is such avid space explorer, would use the time it takes their planet to circle their sun as the acceptable time measure. There are so many other ways in which they could measure time, more universal ones which don't depend on any specific planet. Just seems silly to me...

And I'm not saying the actors should be taught a whole new language, just have them learn a few lines in a made-up language which sounds sort of strange and other-worldly.

Comment

Here's one from left field.
            When Jor-El came as Jo he picked Hiram and Jessica (at that time she was pregnant with Jonathon). How could Jor-El have known that Jonathan:
            1. Would be a good man in the future.
            2. Would marry and stay on that farm.
            3. Would want children.

How did Lara know that the picture in the frame was Martha and not Jessica, the chosen one to raise her son?

Comment

Kara

Howdy

My big thing bout this one was the fact they put an IV into Kara. I just don't see what metal on earth would be able to pierce her skin. I know they also had diodes on her which Clark touched to get the memory from her. But the IV pole an they put the camera on the IV tube sticking into her arm. Just don't think so.

Mek

Comment

It's just a show and can't be taken too seriously. Remember, Superman's story began decades ago before we even started to travel into space. It had plot holes from the beginning, like with the fact that the Kryptonians possess knowledge of dozens of galaxies, yet don't have a single colony in space or spacecraft left and right. In reality, there should be Kryptonians all over the galaxy, but the story is more interesting when there are not.
                Also, Star Trek had its own plot holes, like every other show out there.
                I do agree that the writers on this show are lazy. Probably a good thing that they went on strike, maybe they won't be missed and someone will find some replacements.

Comment

Originally posted by clarkbunny
                  ^
                  I have come to the sad realisation that this season I am just going to have to forget about storylines making sense, having some continuity, characters acting in character/rationally.

I'm not sure how easy that's going to be but from now on I will try and take it as it rolls - maybe i'll enjoy it.

So if the script writers decide to reveal next week that Lana is also from Krypton and is the Martian Manhunter's ex-girlfriend and Lex's model 503 was actually a Lana sex bot from Mars - where this is the no. 1 selling sex bot - I shall not be dismayed by the change in storyline and departure from Smallville reality - I shall embrace the change 'cos change is good *rocks gently in a corner repeating 'change is good'*.

I say Al-Miles do your worst bring it on. Kara becomes a red kryptonite laced pole dancer at the Talon cafe bring it on.

Lex marries Martha Kent and rubs it in Lionel's face, bring it on.

Zor-el is actually the Kent's next door neighbour and has been living with Lara on their farm next to the Kents' all these years - bring it on.

General Zod is going to appear on Oprah with Namek in a special show called 'Kryptonians are so misunderstood' bring it on.

Kara admits that she actually created the internet and can manipulate it just with the power of her mind - bring it on.

They've driven clarkbunny mad!

Originally posted by Saber
                  Here's one from left field.
                  When Jor-El came as Jo he picked Hiram and Jessica (at that time she was pregnant with Jonathon). How could Jor-El have known that Jonathan:
                  1. Would be a good man in the future.
                  2. Would marry and stay on that farm.
                  3. Would want children.

How did Lara know that the picture in the frame was Martha and not Jessica, the chosen one to raise her son?

How hilarious would it have been if Lara had picked up a new frame with a sample picture still inside and have been like "This is the person who will raise my child"
                  Last edited by HowardFilms; 11-03-2007, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HowardFilms

How hilarious would it have been if Lara had picked up a new frame with a sample picture still inside and have been like "This is the person who will raise my child"
                    Yup that would have been a trip to see!

Comment

Re: Kara

Originally posted by Mekleo
                      Howdy

My big thing bout this one was the fact they put an IV into Kara. I just don't see what metal on earth would be able to pierce her skin. I know they also had diodes on her which Clark touched to get the memory from her. But the IV pole an they put the camera on the IV tube sticking into her arm. Just don't think so.

Mek
                      Maybe they swabbed her skin with Kryptonite solution before sticking in the needle. Or used a Kryptonite needle.

Comment

What I found to be a huge plothole is Kara learning how to encrypt IP addresses to make them untraceable to the most advanced government technology. Being Kryptonian doesn't mean you can acquire skills out of thin air. Clark has been on Earth for all that time and can't do that. And I seriously doubt the technology on Krypton is anywhere similar to Earth's where she would know how to use computer languages made by humans to hide the IP address. This was another lazy writer's moment. They could have easily had that scene somewhere else other than the DP.
                        Actually,here is my thought on that.
                        Clark was "Educated"on earth,though he has a kryptonian brain,which pre-dispositions him to have the "capacity"to learn more,but just because someone has the "capacity"does not mean they WANT to use it.

I imagine Kara's education on Krypton required her to learn, probably so advanced they can flash-train with crystal technology,their kids, and matrix-style dopownload knowledge.
                        for her, earth technology is like,imagine one of us going to say, world war two era time. i am using that analogy because anytime before the 20th century is a hard comparison due to basic technology being truly to simplistic to compare. A modern man or woman in 1940's earth,not an average joe, but a highly educated in science and assuming wwe all got the best education available to our potential,but such a person would easily after observing, be able to take say,a radio apart,and figure out how it works through reverse engineering..again,assuming kara's krypton education was default,superior to college grade to us which i suspect such a society would give its kids on average.

observing Jimmy, using clark's home computer,google, she has the ability to learn that skill level,that fast. IMO.

Not such a far fetched idea.

the camera? note kara was wearing appropriate earth jeans and polo ****-kryptonians have visited earth,and earth customs in a crude way,may be part of her education the way we learn about other cultures in grade school.

simple enough info to kno what a camera is,and it's basic function,like how we all know african tribes build huts and toss spears,or that british cars,well,all euro cars,driver side is on the opposite to the united states.

lengthy explanation,sorry,but i just wanted to toss my two cents in, and hi, i'm new.

George

Comment

Originally posted by Runestone
                          How did Kara know how to use a Polaroid camera or even what it was if she'd never been to earth?
                          that's what I wondered! I mean, I know Kryptonians are used to higher tech but she knew what it was and how to work it even before she touched it!

Originally posted by Ginx
                          How did that picture of Lara survive the meteor shower? I mean - I'm happy that CK has a pic of his mom but still... super picture frame?
                          I thought the same thing, Ginx! Yeah, I know it might have survived the 2nd meteor shower and all but still, that's one strong frame if it did! Worth the money the Kents paid for it, that's for sure.

Originally posted by Shlamaz-El
                          2-Kara AND Clark are in D.C. and do either of them go to think to visit Clark's Mom who is a senator there.

3-The total CUT of the resolution of Lana and Chloe after Chloe thinks Lana is dead.

6-Why did Clark lie to Lionel about Kara being from his "ADOPTED fathers" side" when its OBVIOUS that she is not from all the information Lionel already has about her?
                          2. yes I wondered that as well. Ranted about it on another thread actually (titled Martha).

3. This annoyed me as well.

6. Especially when the secret gets blown later. Yeah, normal humans get very ill around GreenK Clark. Idiot.

Originally posted by Mekleo

My big thing bout this one was the fact they put an IV into Kara.
                          there's a lot of Green K around her and we've seen that that weakens a Kryptonian enough to draw blood from them (in Phoenix Clark did the same thing with himself). An ordinary needle would have worked there then.

Comment

With all their advanced technology Kryptonians were fighting with slow High Explosive missiles rather than nuclear weapons or lasers !!!

Comment

I/m certain this is not the last you will hear about the portals although gives us more to speculate and jeep our foucus diverted as well
                              all abilities og kryptonians are enhanced on earth both mental and physical abilities far advance race of humans probably using more than the 10 % we do On krypton that would mean they have technical access to more of their history than we can ever hope using only 10 % of our brain power so a kryptonian at 6 could have the equivalent of a masters degree
                              how could kara tell that was a camera and how to use it if was not a part of their history think about it even today photography here is becoming more digital and moving away from film and wi the internet we no longer need our own libraries and who would go anywhere nowadays without a cell phone Were leaving our ancient tech and embracing the new and forgeting about the old.How many of you own much less heard an LP record or the original megaphone that used a cylinder or an 8 track tape We think it an oddity just looking at a person still using a B?W TV set

Comment

The biggest annoyance of all -regarding Clana

Ok, Clark and Lana are together (again)

and all they know all the secrets (well all of Clark's at least) - but why hasn't Lana put together that the BIGGEST THING that has effected her entire life (the death of her parents) was the meteor storm that brought Clark to Earth. Wouldn't there be SOME resentment that would have to be acknowledged in order to resolve it?

Any thoughts?

Shlamaz-El (The Last Yid of Krypton)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎