No announcement yet.

Noah's Turning Point?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noah's Turning Point?

So we've seen him take a bullet for Claire, and I'm sure while he was working the company he shot quite a few people for them. But this is the first I recall that we've seen him actually kill on screen. Should we be worried? I know it's about taking down the company now rather than just protecting Claire, but did he step over the line? It seemed to me like he did, and that's why they focused so much on that scene. It also seems to tie into the episodes title, "The Line" and his part of the story was about "crossing the line".

He is a tough man that sees his first responsibility as protecting his children and his family, which is something I can connect with on every level. He believes whole heartedly that Ivan was a threat to Claire and his family. If I were in his shoes and had proof of the same, I would have killed him too.

Comment

Yes but there has to be a line that one doesn't cross otherwise "protecting your family" is just the same as "murderous rampage". I think that if Noah continues to kill at the drop of a hat that we're gonna see him as a very different character.

Comment

Re: Noah's Turning Point?

Originally posted by MidgardDragon
        So we've seen him take a bullet for Claire, and I'm sure while he was working the company he shot quite a few people for them. But this is the first I recall that we've seen him actually kill on screen. Should we be worried? I know it's about taking down the company now rather than just protecting Claire, but did he step over the line? It seemed to me like he did, and that's why they focused so much on that scene. It also seems to tie into the episodes title, "The Line" and his part of the story was about "crossing the line".
        He killed Thompson in "Landslide" but yeah, your point stands. He has crossed the line, he's obsessed with the company more than protecting his daughter and I think that's what will result in his death or survival, which one he ultimately chooses.

Comment

Actually, I really associate with him at this point. I am a father myself, and I can say with absolute certainty there is no line I would not cross if it meant keeping my little girl safe. If I were him and there was a company that was threatening the life of my child, you better believe I would hunt down every single person even remotely connected to that place and put a bullet in them all.
          I understand why he is doing what he is doing. As a father, its a very simple chart of importance, when it comes to your children's well being, the entire rest of the world is expendable if need be.

Comment

this isnt the first time we saw him kill on screen. in company man he shot claude and yeah we know he didnt die but hrg didnt know that untill 10 yrs later. but in landslide and how to stop an exploding man he shoots his boss, thomson. it shows him coming up behind thomson and he says "your last thought" to his question "what am i thinking now parkman?" and shoots him. and than he was about to shoot molly even though she was just a girl
            Last edited by flying_girl; 10-31-2007, 07:58 PM.

Comment

He's a Dad with a little girl there's nothing he won't do to protect her.

If your told that killing a person(a man in the Company so not a very good guy as it is) will save her from harm wouldn't you?

Comment

I agree with fatherly love

I'm also thinking about his prolonged reaction to his painting.

I mean, if you saw your death foretold, wouldn't you eliminate any threat that you saw?

Comment

I remember last season,I thought he was one of the bad guys because he was acting strange all the time,working for fake paper compagny,erasing memories with the haitian's help.But,on the contrary,he was good.I understood that he was only doing it to protect himself and his family.When your a parent,you understand his motives much better.He's great character,I would be very sad if he dies.
                  Last edited by Sweetie; 11-02-2007, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Sometimes heroes have to do some gray things to get the job done. If anything, Noah has become..... the Punisher !!

Besides if he succeeds he'll be helping out a lot of super powered people.

Comment

I hope it is just a gray area but we'll have to wait and see. Killing someone you don't have to is a little more black then it is gray, IMO. I might just be seeing it as him not "having to" because we really have no idea what he would've done had he been left alive. Whereas last year he killed the other Company guy soas to protect Matt and get to Molly, this time no one's life was in direct danger. It's a bit different, but like I said, we'll just have to see.

Comment

He had to kill Ivan. If Ivan lived, he would've told the company and then Noah would be in trouble.

Comment

Showing HRG murder someone or do something morally abhorrent is a classic plot device used in countless shows when a regular (especially well-liked) character is about to be killed off, or will be eventually killed off (as HRG apparently will be as per the painting). It serves to lessen or dampen the impact or negative feelings on the viewer that the loss of this character will have, making it feel more "just" or "right" (head games, it's all head games...lol). By making a viewer start to hate a loved character (or parts of that character), the viewer will be less upset or pissed off when that character is killed off, thereby maintaining the loyalty of the viewer.
                          Last edited by Xanderman; 11-03-2007, 02:00 AM.

Comment

They better not kill HRG. He's one of the best actor in the show. He should have receive an GG or Emmy nod.

Comment

Unfortunately, painting predictions always come true. It's only their interpretations that people sometimes get wrong or not exactly right. However the painting clearly shows him dead.

Peter was shown dead too once, and he did die. However he regenerated. HRG can't do that...which is too bad for HRG and his fans.
                              Last edited by Xanderman; 11-05-2007, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎