Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LegendaryU2K
    Ratings are not super high, because as always, lack of promotion, and my guess alot of folks have to work, and might not have time to watch or record it.

So they need to:

#1 Promote the show better
    #2 Keep the storyline together, episode kara was really stupid and out of place
    #3 Make sure everyone is able to watch the show, everywhere
    #4 If some cant watch on thursday, show it again durning the weekend.

#3 Is very important.

Besides all of that, i'm a hardcore smallville fan, so if i cant watch it, i record it.

peace

I basically agree with what you just said... except Kara wasn't a stupid episode. Fierce was.

But yes, I agree. They should have Smallville on a network that allows everyone to see the show. I live in D.C. and the only way I can watch the new episodes is when people so kindly post them on the internet. We don't get the CW here, which sucks!

I do think they need to promote the show better and I think they need to have the CW be seen by every cable company. Hell, I have 3 HBO channels, but no CW? that's messed up.

Originally posted by CK&CK
    If I were being paid by the CW as an independent advisor (or more like a walk in fan who is being paid $50.00 bucks for an honest opinion by the CW big wigs) about how to handle the promotional campaign over their entire line of shows.....beginning with Smallville....here's what I would say with regards to this whole issue of Promotion in order to get RATINGS.

1. In Smallville you have a loyal fan base, that unless you do something STUPID.......actually, let me re-phrase that......unless you do something MONUMENTALLY STUPID.....these fans will continue to watch......and a number of them will still rationalize whatever it is....simply because it's "Superman"

2. Would you rather have several healthy shows as opposed to one borderline successful show?....Borderline when compared to other shows on other networks.....think about it....a show that would probably only do slightly better through promotion......Now, if the advertisment revenue warrants that increase....then by all means DO IT!.......You'll recoup your money and you can promote your other shows which NEED IT MORE. My opinion is that it's not worth it.....especially in light of such inferior writting on this show.....your better apt at this point to just keep the loyal fan base in tow with what your doing.

3. Spend money on getting better, even if not big name (probably better and cheaper that way), writters that will not only follow continuity....but will make it easier for all fans to suspend their belief......instead of having to swallow the absurdity of some of these episodes......especially with regards to character progression......especially Clark....make his progression to this so called destiny more realisitic and believable.....hell, don't listen to my opinion......but at least re-think it.......anything is better than everybody flying before this so called Icon....makes him look slow......like an idiot.......the only scenario dumber than that is the excuse....."He's not Superman yet".....which might still hold up if every Kryptonian wasn't flying before he was.......humm, I can see Krypto flying before Clark......now that would be funny.

4. Don't listen to most of these fans screaming for more promotion, most of them don't know everything that's going on behind the scenes.....which includes myself.....my advice is for you to gage everything and if it makes $ cents....then do it.......and if it doesn't......screw some of these fans......some of them will be the first to turn on you....regardless of whatever financial woes you have....a lot of them care only about themselves......that's not to say however, that you don't owe them something at times.....especially when you do crappy misleading tricks in order to get ratings. And especially for those who do really care about the story.....the story of Superman.....an American Icon.

5. Be careful when deciding what type of Legacy you leave......I can tell you that I haven't bought any of your season 6 DVD's , and I haven't watched your televised episodes for season 7....and I only frequent this board to stay up on how the atrocity is progressing.......prior to that.....I was always clamaring for anything Smallville........now?......, well, gentlemen.....I consider it a joke of a series........all these years of thinking this Clark Kent was a bright and noble boy......what a waste of time.....most of us all know him now for what type of T.V. character he really is........a slow brained hero.....a hero who we keep hearing..... will one day hold the title of greatest hero.....but that's all it will be.....a title.....not the truth of this story....not as you've told it.....the only turth here would be....that he's the most powerful hero.....But definitely NOT GREATEST.......because all this Clark's been capable of is sparking pretentious noble speaches from everyone around him.....most notably his parents......yes, PRETENTIOUS, GRAND, AND GLORIFIED speeches about the man he is becoming......but he only lives up to these speeches in brief little moments here and there...just before he does something stupid in order to erase all the progression.......BUT I DO have to commend you though......with regards to some new viewers and stand alone episodes...... this seems to work....and they'll probably keep coming back (More Ratings Baby!....to cancel out what you're losing!)......but once they become aquainted with the entire series as a whole.....well, besides realizing that Kryptonians are pretty much A$$holes bent on God like status............they'll not only realize that they're better than what this show is offering. but they'll also realize what a far superior race humans are when comparted to these Crazy Kryptonians......that is.......except for a few human that surf on this K-site.....I'll let you decide who.

But to repeat.....legacy is important.....it effects the past, present, and the future......(actually, I remember Lex uttering something similar......one of the better written scenes no doubt......and yet again a scene where someone is explaining important truths to the Kryptonian Moron).

The Past: I can't watch earlier season scenes with Clark....and not keep from uttering "Idiot"........I've tried....sometimes I wish I could erase the future episodes from my mind.....because I used to enjoy watching these scenes over, and over, and over......I used to watch that scene from "Rogue" where Johnathan was talking from behind the prison glass.....and I was so moved by the emotion between the two...not father and son by blood.......but by something far more powerful.......but now...in light of what Clark becomes.......I can't help thinking....."WHAT PRETENTIOUS CRAP". I'm seriously considering selling my DVD's.......I mean I just don't re-watch them anymore! I can't.........not without either getting annoyed......or simply laughing at the Clark Kent Character's expense.

The Present: Just not watching or spending money on it like I used to.......actually spending no money.......now that's a silver lining baby.

The Future: I've said this part before......once it's on film.....it's there 4 ever..........complete with the idiocy,cheesy-ness, and teenage sex just out of high school (okay for any other politically correct teenager in this world.....but not for an iconic Kent with supposed Morals.....not saying it's fair....but hey, look who raised him.....and it is Superman for heavens sake!....You lead by example).....Yeah, this show doesn't really put Supes in a good light......or his race for that matter.

And in parting Gentlemen & Women of the CW, if you make Lana a Clone......just to kill her......so you can re-tro fit the real Lana (where ever she is) back into an "innocent" character just so she can be the one to push Superman into his destiny...that despite everyone and his mother pushing him....and YOU are still able to keep your base of fans. I will not only laugh my Ass off......but being that DC is allowing you to do it.......I will be the first to say "Screw the Superman Legacy!".......I'll invest my money with you guys!.....Because sooner or later....such tenacity will result in real success.......and I'd rather be there when the cash register goes "Ka-Ching"........than when that idiot "Kal-el" finally flies.
    You have a lot of biting sarcasm... I like! but unfortunately, I don't really agree with you on some of these points... (yes, I actually did take the time to read them.)

1. IMO we have had some of the best episodes of the season done in the last two years. We already have great writers. You can't blame it all on the writers. I don't think a lot of these episodes are absurd. I actually find them very believable, in a world that has meteor freaks and aliens from other planets. With the premise of the show, most of these episodes are good. The continuity part on the other hand... yeah... we could still work on that a bit.

2. In the very beginning of the series, Al and Miles already told us that Clark would not be flying and he would not be wearing the costume. By contract, they're not allowed to. I think the fans are forgetting that because they're anxious to see him fly and become the hero we all love. And with how Clark's not accepting his destiny, I don't find it hard to believe he can't fly. Flying is for a true kryptonian, and for me... until Clark embraces his destiny, he's not going to be a true Kryptonian, meaning he won't fly.

3. Clark is no more an idiot than anybody else on the show. True, he may be Kryptonian by birth, but in his heart, he's human... and humans are IDIOTS! Plus, he's still growing up. He's still learning. When the show finally ends, he'll be the superman we all know and love.

4. Al and Miles have already created a legacy by giving us smallville. We've never had a tv show that focuses on the young clark kent. We've only had superman.

Aside from that though... I pretty much agree with everything else.
    Last edited by anisette; 11-06-2007, 12:03 PM.

Comment

The DVR ratings for "Cure" are out. (It takes about two weeks.) And the episode did as well in DVR viewership as it did with live viewers.

"Smallville" saw increases of 44% in both women 18-34 (2.34rtg v. 1.63rtg) and adults 18-34 (2.55rtg v. 1.77rtg) in Live+7 DVR viewing

I doubt the increase for "Lara" will be as big, but there will be an increase.

Comment

Live + 7 ratings for "Lara" 4.75. Live was 4.03-Final was 4.38
        Last edited by SparkleforSmallville; 11-29-2007, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎