TV Ratings for Lara

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not reading all that, but let me just say your reasoning is so fundamentaly flawed in the first few paragraphs that I can't even come up with a rational argument. It's like trying to fight against the statement "bananas doobie row boat".

Comment

Originally posted by MidgardDragon
      I'm not reading all that, but let me just say your reasoning is so fundamentaly flawed in the first few paragraphs that I can't even come up with a rational argument. It's like trying to fight against the statement "bananas doobie row boat".
      Ah MidgardDragon.....it's you.....why am I not surprised. It's all good.....I don't care for most of your reasoning & "rationalizing" with regards to this show either.

But it's a free world.........so carry on!
      Last edited by CK&CK; 11-03-2007, 12:00 AM.

Comment

It sucks that alot of fans have given up on this show.

Comment

It's like trying to fight against the statement "bananas doobie row boat".
          I DO know it would be senseless to fire the ppl who have kept SV going for the last 6 years. I didn't read much further into the post, but I also know that not even watching the show any more removes one's right to comment on the show's current state and makes their opion meaningless to me.

--

MNIE was a full hour last night, AYSTAFG was back, and ANTM was a

clips show and GG was a repeat the night before, which means lower ratings, which means fewer ppl seeing the advertisements.

Maybe some of those were the reasons.
          Last edited by ClarkyBoy14; 11-03-2007, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Just an observation:

The 2 highest rated shows were Superman/Clark centered with Superman/Clark fighting criminals who were weren't meteor freaks.
            Last edited by curiosity; 11-03-2007, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Wow. Still less than five million. If Smallville came on either NBC, CBS or ABC, it would have been canceled years ago.

Originally posted by curiosity
              Just an observation:

The 2 highest rated shows were Superman/Clark centered with Superman/Clark fighting criminals who were weren't meteor freaks.
              Which shows the priorities of Smallville's fans. The largest majority of fans don't care about Superman. Just shipperism.

Comment

Originally posted by dh1031
                Does anyone know if they will be releasing adjusted ratings for people that record the show then watch it via Tivo/DVR/etc. ???
                It takes about 2 weeks after each episode before those are ready to be released.

Comment

Also, you promote the shows that are your winners, not shows that you "predict" "might" make money. Smallville was the top show on the network this season for all but, what, the past two weeks? Yeah, not promoting your number 1 is pure stupidity.

Originally posted by curiosity
                  Just an observation:

I think a more accurate observation is that the 2 highest rated episodes were the premiere and one with a big Superman-related Guest Star that was actually promoted somewhere other then online. And Cure was promoted as Chloe and Dean Cain centric, IMO.
                  Last edited by MidgardDragon; 11-03-2007, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mello Penelo
                    Wow. Still less than five million. If Smallville came on either NBC, CBS or ABC, it would have been canceled years ago.
                    If Smallville were only any of those channels, we wouldn't be complaining about ratings.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSupaMan
                      If Smallville were only any of those channels, we wouldn't be complaining about ratings.
                      Yeah, they would have sacked Al/Miles years ago for good writers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mello Penelo
                        Yeah, they would have sacked Al/Miles years ago for good writers.
                        This is what I am saying.......but some people think just because a show stays on the air.....that means it's a "great" success.

Originally posted by ClarkyBoy14
                        I DO know it would be senseless to fire the ppl who have kept SV going for the last 6 years. I didn't read much further into the post,
                        Got no problem with that.....it's your opinion.....like I said free world. But if you really believed you could make it better....heck not even better.....just eliminate the negative fan divisions that exist with this show......would you do it?

[i]but I also know that not even watching the show any more removes one's right to comment on the show's current state and makes their opion meaningless to me. [/B]
                        Now this makes me laugh.

Firstly, I didn't know that you made the rules.

Secondly, I watched the first 5 and most of the 6th seasons....not to mention buying the first 5 Seasons on DVD.....that pretty much cements my ticket as far as I'm concerned.

Third, about the only logical thing one can't do is comment on the acting.....but the storyline is fair game.......that is.....unless your saying every single person on this board is Lying about what's happening? Are you saying that?

Fourth, even if you never watch this show, but have followed Superman in every incarnation (Comics, TV shows, or Movies)......And you care about it's legacy as a fan......My belief is that you have a right to be here. Again, it's not your call......ClarkyBoy.

Fifth and last, if the opinion is "meaningless" to you....hey, fine....hit the [IGNORE] button........but then again, you did take the time to respond.....so whether negative or positive......it must mean something to you..... : )
                        Last edited by CK&CK; 11-03-2007, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Best Episode - 321
                          SMALLVILLE, 2.7/4 (HH), 1.8/5, (A 18-49), 4,383,000 million, 2.0/6 (A 18-34)

Season 7 Week to Week

Bizarro............5.18 million*
                          Kara................4.59 million*
                          Fierce..............4.82 million*
                          Cure................5.18 million*
                          Action..............4.65 million*
                          Lara................4.38 million*

* - Final Rating

Season Average - 4.80 million

This is a decline that I am not happy about, I don't want to go lower than 4.3 million

Comment

Originally posted by CK&CK
                            This is what I am saying.......but some people think just because a show stays on the air.....that means it's a "great" success.
                            There are soap operas that have been on for 50+ years and aren't any good. They're on because they're cheap and easy to film and fill the programming holes during the day when there's no one home to watch.

Comment

SV isn't cheap and easy to film...

Comment

Ratings are not super high, because as always, lack of promotion, and my guess alot of folks have to work, and might not have time to watch or record it.

So they need to:

#1 Promote the show better
                                #2 Keep the storyline together, episode kara was really stupid and out of place
                                #3 Make sure everyone is able to watch the show, everywhere
                                #4 If some cant watch on thursday, show it again durning the weekend.

#3 Is very important.

Besides all of that, i'm a hardcore smallville fan, so if i cant watch it, i record it.

peace

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎