TV Ratings for Lara

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lara was an amazing episode, the ratings are very disappointing!!!!!!!!

It really seems like the CW is making smallville choose between special effects and promotion this year, when really there should be both. The CW should be promoting the hell out of smallville, it is there responsibility not the shows!!!

Comment

I'm really disappointed with the CW and the lack of promotion. They obviously care more about advertising Gossip Girl.

Comment

The CW was sort of counting on Gossip Girl to be their big hit of the season. As much buzz as it was getting before the season started, they really expected it to be doing better than any other series on the network. And they haven't given up on that idea, even though GG hasn't performed nearly as well as they hoped. So they are going to push it, and push it, and make it into a hit. Even if it means not pushing other shows as much as they should.

Comment

Originally posted by Best Episode - 321
          Season 7 Week to Week

Bizarro............5.18 million*
          Kara................4.59 million*
          Fierce..............4.82 million*
          Cure................5.18 million*
          Action..............4.65 million*
          Lara................

* - Final Rating

Season Average - 4.88 million
          Well, IMO......the 2 highest rated shows were both Superman/ Clark fighting Superman/ Clark.

The last two episodes were promoted as Lana centered, and then Kara centered. Even though the episodes weren't bad, I guess some people don't like that.

I think next week, even though it seems like a lot of Lana, looks like Clark's included.

Originally posted by LunaItaliana
          Well I'd say you're right...

Smallville with a typical 4.31 million viewers and a 1.7/ 5 in the demo.

http://pifeedback.com/eve/forums/a/t...451/m/21710238
          I check this board because I'm hoping for another season, and this is sad. How did it go down so much in 2 episodes?
          Last edited by curiosity; 11-02-2007, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Season 7 Week to Week

Lara................4.31 million

* - Final Rating

Season Average - 4.79 million

Half Hour Breakdown

8:00 SV 3,962,000
            8:30 SV 4,659,000

9:00 SN 3,364,000
            9:30 SN 3,204,000

Comment

Does anyone know if they will be releasing adjusted ratings for people that record the show then watch it via Tivo/DVR/etc. ???

Comment

That's unfortunate. SV's numbers should have been in the high 4 millions to low 5 millions for last night's episode. And it would have been if the CW would have known how to promote it.

Comment

The final rating for "Lara" is 4.38 million viewers, so it went up a bit from fast nationals.

Comment

SMALLVILLE, 2.7/4 (HH), 1.8/5, (A 18-49), 4,383,000 million, 2.0/6 (A 18-34)

Season 7 Week to Week

Lara................4.38 million*

* - Final Rating

Season Average - 4.80 million

Comment

lmao

Comment

That's ridiculous. Did we have any pre-emptions or sporting events in major markets? The promos were bad, as in they didn't even show what the episode was about, but everyone in the online fandom pretty much knew it was gonna be awesome. Surely something weird is up here.

Comment

If there were any major pre-emptions, I think we would have seen the final number go down instead of up.

Hopefully, the CW will promote 7.08 properly. Maybe they were thinking that since most of the Zor-El/HS/Lara stuff didn't happen until the 4th act, viewers who tuned in just for that would be disappointed, and the CW would rather save the big promos for 7.08.

Comment

It's just the weirdest decrease I've ever seen. It had a few major things going for it:

1) Action was very well-received by the fans

2) Helen Slater was a former Supergirl, thus important Guest Star

3) It was mythos heavy and delved further into Clark's backstory, which is always popular

4) We saw a full-on Krypton for the first time

Heck, I could go on and on. The only thing against it was the total lack of promotion. That didn't seem to hinder the premiere too much. Heck even Fierce went up in ratings and I don't recall being blown away by those promos. I do wonder why they completely neglected to mention the mythos element or Helen Slater's guest appearance, but even so, there was no reason for the ratings to drop quite that much.

Any major shows just come back on or gain a lot of viewers this past Thursday in the 8 PM slot? It's the only thing I can think of, considering how much this episode had going for it, for why the ratings managed to drop that much.

Comment

The online fandom is the minority. It had to be the promotions. Cause people had no reason to expect that this episode would be an more special than any other episode. I still wouldn't have anticipated a drop though.
                              Last edited by Poweranimals; 11-02-2007, 10:54 PM.

Comment

If I were being paid by the CW as an independent advisor (or more like a walk in fan who is being paid $50.00 bucks for an honest opinion by the CW big wigs) about how to handle the promotional campaign over their entire line of shows.....beginning with Smallville....here's what I would say with regards to this whole issue of Promotion in order to get RATINGS.

1. In Smallville you have a loyal fan base, that unless you do something STUPID.......actually, let me re-phrase that......unless you do something MONUMENTALLY STUPID.....these fans will continue to watch......and a number of them will still rationalize whatever it is....simply because it's "Superman"

2. Would you rather have several healthy shows as opposed to one borderline successful show?....Borderline when compared to other shows on other networks.....think about it....a show that would probably only do slightly better through promotion......Now, if the advertisment revenue warrants that increase....then by all means DO IT!.......You'll recoup your money and you can promote your other shows which NEED IT MORE. My opinion is that it's not worth it.....especially in light of such inferior writting on this show.....your better apt at this point to just keep the loyal fan base in tow with what your doing.

3. Spend money on getting better, even if not big name (probably better and cheaper that way), writters that will not only follow continuity....but will make it easier for all fans to suspend their belief......instead of having to swallow the absurdity of some of these episodes......especially with regards to character progression......especially Clark....make his progression to this so called destiny more realisitic and believable.....hell, don't listen to my opinion......but at least re-think it.......anything is better than everybody flying before this so called Icon....makes him look slow......like an idiot.......the only scenario dumber than that is the excuse....."He's not Superman yet".....which might still hold up if every Kryptonian wasn't flying before he was.......humm, I can see Krypto flying before Clark......now that would be funny.

4. Don't listen to most of these fans screaming for more promotion, most of them don't know everything that's going on behind the scenes.....which includes myself.....my advice is for you to gage everything and if it makes $ cents....then do it.......and if it doesn't......screw some of these fans......some of them will be the first to turn on you....regardless of whatever financial woes you have....a lot of them care only about themselves......that's not to say however, that you don't owe them something at times.....especially when you do crappy misleading tricks in order to get ratings. And especially for those who do really care about the story.....the story of Superman.....an American Icon.

5. Be careful when deciding what type of Legacy you leave......I can tell you that I haven't bought any of your season 6 DVD's , and I haven't watched your televised episodes for season 7....and I only frequent this board to stay up on how the atrocity is progressing.......prior to that.....I was always clamaring for anything Smallville........now?......, well, gentlemen.....I consider it a joke of a series........all these years of thinking this Clark Kent was a bright and noble boy......what a waste of time.....most of us all know him now for what type of T.V. character he really is........a slow brained hero.....a hero who we keep hearing..... will one day hold the title of greatest hero.....but that's all it will be.....a title.....not the truth of this story....not as you've told it.....the only turth here would be....that he's the most powerful hero.....But definitely NOT GREATEST.......because all this Clark's been capable of is sparking pretentious noble speaches from everyone around him.....most notably his parents......yes, PRETENTIOUS, GRAND, AND GLORIFIED speeches about the man he is becoming......but he only lives up to these speeches in brief little moments here and there...just before he does something stupid in order to erase all the progression.......BUT I DO have to commend you though......with regards to some new viewers and stand alone episodes...... this seems to work....and they'll probably keep coming back (More Ratings Baby!....to cancel out what you're losing!)......but once they become aquainted with the entire series as a whole.....well, besides realizing that Kryptonians are pretty much A$$holes bent on God like status............they'll not only realize that they're better than what this show is offering. but they'll also realize what a far superior race humans are when comparted to these Crazy Kryptonians......that is.......except for a few human that surf on this K-site.....I'll let you decide who.

But to repeat.....legacy is important.....it effects the past, present, and the future......(actually, I remember Lex uttering something similar......one of the better written scenes no doubt......and yet again a scene where someone is explaining important truths to the Kryptonian Moron).

The Past: I can't watch earlier season scenes with Clark....and not keep from uttering "Idiot"........I've tried....sometimes I wish I could erase the future episodes from my mind.....because I used to enjoy watching these scenes over, and over, and over......I used to watch that scene from "Rogue" where Johnathan was talking from behind the prison glass.....and I was so moved by the emotion between the two...not father and son by blood.......but by something far more powerful.......but now...in light of what Clark becomes.......I can't help thinking....."WHAT PRETENTIOUS CRAP". I'm seriously considering selling my DVD's.......I mean I just don't re-watch them anymore! I can't.........not without either getting annoyed......or simply laughing at the Clark Kent Character's expense.

The Present: Just not watching or spending money on it like I used to.......actually spending no money.......now that's a silver lining baby.

The Future: I've said this part before......once it's on film.....it's there 4 ever..........complete with the idiocy,cheesy-ness, and teenage sex just out of high school (okay for any other politically correct teenager in this world.....but not for an iconic Kent with supposed Morals.....not saying it's fair....but hey, look who raised him.....and it is Superman for heavens sake!....You lead by example).....Yeah, this show doesn't really put Supes in a good light......or his race for that matter.

And in parting Gentlemen & Women of the CW, if you make Lana a Clone......just to kill her......so you can re-tro fit the real Lana (where ever she is) back into an "innocent" character just so she can be the one to push Superman into his destiny...that despite everyone and his mother pushing him....and YOU are still able to keep your base of fans. I will not only laugh my Ass off......but being that DC is allowing you to do it.......I will be the first to say "Screw the Superman Legacy!".......I'll invest my money with you guys!.....Because sooner or later....such tenacity will result in real success.......and I'd rather be there when the cash register goes "Ka-Ching"........than when that idiot "Kal-el" finally flies.
                                Last edited by CK&CK; 11-02-2007, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎