Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doesn't Peter have Charlie's memory powers?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

people dont have to be using their powers for peter to get them... charles didnt use his dream power and peter had it when he dreamt of what happened to nathan, also i dont think issac used his power when peter painted his stick figures. and i think that he did use edens power when he was in issacs loft, throwing stuff at him. i dont remember the exact scene but he said something like why did u do it, or something like that when he killed simone, then issac automatticly told peter what he did, it could be because he was scared of peter and wanted to tell him or it could of been peter unknowingly using edens power

Comment

ill have to watch that again, but that would be cool if he did use eden's power.

Comment

Originally posted by angeloo
        and i think that he did use edens power when he was in issacs loft, throwing stuff at him. i dont remember the exact scene but he said something like why did u do it, or something like that when he killed simone, then issac automatticly told peter what he did, it could be because he was scared of peter and wanted to tell him or it could of been peter unknowingly using edens power
        I talked about that last season right after that episode and yeah it appeared Peter used Eden's power back then. In Eden's voice (which is sort of like 2 voices talking at once), he said "Don't lie to me!" at which point Isaac immediately blabbed the complete truth. People said the voice was for dramatic effect only but I highly doubted it...I thought Peter accidentally used the persuasion power in his rage.

The same can be said of Sylar, he also appeared to use the persuasion voice a couple of times last season (leading to me to conclude he managed to gain Eden's power despite her shooting herself in the head -- meaning she missed the important area of the brain, allowing Sylar to still be able to study/eat/absorb the ability). In the loft (.07%):

ISAAC: They stop you. You die.
        SYLAR: You painted all that? Show me.
        (Isaac doesn't react.)
        SYLAR (angry now, uses the Persuasion Voice): SHOW ME!

However Isaac didn't show him, he instead looked at his gun. So maybe it was just dramatic effect there...but why would they do that? Especially when they've shown a character previously use an extremely similar voice before as an expression of a power being used. Doesn't make sense at all. I wish the show would get their signals straight...

Comment

i forgot about eden shooting herself. i always assumed that sylar used the persuasion power on isaac, thats what it sounded like to me.

Comment

Yeah Eden shot her herself in the head to prevent Sylar from taking her power. However my theory is he managed to get it anyway. (a brain isn't completely destroyed by a single bullet...the important area survived)

But I agree, it sounded like the persuasion voice. The "dramatic effect" excuse doesn't cut it with me, not after Eden.
            Last edited by Xanderman; 10-31-2007, 10:15 PM.

Comment

i just rewatched unexpected and im not sure about peter using persuasion. he yelled "dont lie to me" and it doubled although i didnt hear eden's voice. isaac didnt tell peter right away. peter first said "with me out of the way you can have simone all to yourself" and isaac defended himself by saying "you stole her away from me, but i did it to save ny" dont know if peter was using persuasion or not. i dont remember eden's voice doubling like that when she persuaded people. i guess ill have to check that out too, although not tonight.
              while i was watching it i noticed a maybe plothole that has nothing to do with peter but i didnt know where to put it and i only noticed it cuz of this thread. in season 2 claire is supposed to be very smart, or at least that is what west says. and he noticed it in science class. in unexpected claire says that she got a -c in biology. on the other hand i think everyone can recognize charles darwin's theory of evolution as having come from him, so doesnt mean shes smart just that west thinks so.
              Last edited by flying_girl; 10-31-2007, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by flying_girl
                i dont remember eden's voice doubling like that when she persuaded people.
                Eden's persuasion voice did the same thing Peter's did in that scene, and the same thing Sylar's did in the other. The persuasion voice is a "second voice" that speaks alongside the original voice. This second voice is what gets inside a person's head and takes over/overrides their own mind's "voice". That's how I like to look at it...

Comment

that makes sense. i remember that edens voice changed i just need to rewatch to see how. even if peter did use eden's power on isaac and he kept his memory's i dont think he'd be able to realize that he had that power cuz of what i said earlier about not being able to tell that he actually persuaded issac to do anything. on the other hand, if he used it by accident than, it might come out now also and he is more intuned to all the weird things he can do now so he is more likely to realize it. at that point i think all he was thinking about was his dead girlfriend so whether he persuaded issac to do anything was not something he would remember.

Comment

Tim Kring himself said the voice thing they showed Sylar and Peter doing was purely for dramatic effect. He is the head honcho, el jeffe himself over this show, so I think I'll go with what he said.

Comment

Originally posted by pycer
                      Tim Kring himself said the voice thing they showed Sylar and Peter doing was purely for dramatic effect. He is the head honcho, el jeffe himself over this show, so I think I'll go with what he said.
                      That's what others said in response back then too (instead of going by what the actual show does/shows us, which is what I'm doing). Again, why use this particular "dramatic effect" on the only two characters (Peter and Sylar), the ONLY two, who can possibly have Eden's power?? Makes no sense whatsoever.

You don't alter a person's voice on a show like this one if it doesn't mean anything, that's beyond senseless. Not after a character like Eden existed and what a similarly or even identically altered voice meant with her. (If it wasn't Peter and Sylar we were talking about here, then I could live with the "dramatic effect" explanation/cop-out -- not for these characters though.)

So either "Tim Kring himself" doesn't know what he's talking about or he doesn't know what he's doing. It's one or the other.
                      Last edited by Xanderman; 11-03-2007, 01:40 AM.

Comment

It's kinda hard to argue with the person that created this show and these characters, but if you enjoy banging your head against the wall, go right ahead, I aint gonna stop ya.

Now, thats not to say that Peter doesn't possess eden's power, as he should, but I don't beleive Sylar does.
                        Last edited by pycer; 11-03-2007, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pycer
                          It's kinda hard to argue with the person that created this show and these characters, but if you enjoy banging your head against the wall, go right ahead, I aint gonna stop ya.
                          Nah I'm just pointing out the absolute absurdity of using "dramatic effects" like these on a show like this one after a character like Eden existed (whose similarly altered voice wasn't merely for dramatic effect). Makes no sense. Kring's explanation is beyond weak.
                          Last edited by Xanderman; 11-04-2007, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderman
                            Nah I'm just pointing out the absolute absurdity of using "dramatic effects" like these on a show like this one after a character like Eden existed (whose similarly altered voice wasn't merely for dramatic effect). Makes no sense. Kring's explanation is beyond weak.

ummm actually her voice WAS altered just for dramatic effect. It doesnt say that the people in the show heard a different voice, just that we, the viewers, watching the show heard a different voice so we could tell it was her ability activating.

It was just for dramatic effect, it doesn't say anywhere in the show that the people in the show heard anything other than her normal voice.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshua
                              ummm actually her voice WAS altered just for dramatic effect. It doesnt say that the people in the show heard a different voice, just that we, the viewers, watching the show heard a different voice so we could tell it was her ability activating.

It was just for dramatic effect, it doesn't say anywhere in the show that the people in the show heard anything other than her normal voice.
                              I'm not talking about what characters in the show hear or don't hear, I'm clearly talking about what we the viewers hear. And we hear an altered voice for Eden when she uses her power. However we also heard altered voices for Peter and Sylar, which apparently were just for "dramatic effect" and nothing else. This is what I'm talking about, you're like, ummm, going off on some other tangent.
                              Last edited by Xanderman; 11-05-2007, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderman
                                I'm not talking about what characters in the show hear or don't hear, I'm clearly talking about what we the viewers hear. And we hear an altered voice for Eden when she uses her power. However we also heard altered voices for Peter and Sylar, which apparently were just for "dramatic effect" and nothing else. This is what I'm talking about, you're like, ummm, going off on some other tangent.

Didn't we hear Sylars altered voice before we heard Eden's? Not positive on that, but I thought we heard Sylar talk in the episode Parkman and the FBI agent chased him down the alley and shot him.

Still kinda amazed at how that didn't kill him considering a Sword almost did the Job in the season finale.

As for some other tangeant, it was ALL for dramatic effect, even Edens. It isnt a tangeant, it is reality.... It is a tv show, and almost all effects done are for 'dramatic effect'

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎