Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doesn't Peter have Charlie's memory powers?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doesn't Peter have Charlie's memory powers?

if sylar got charlies memory powers, then peter should also have the memory powers since he got all those other powers in the finale of season one......hmmmm, any thoughts?
    Last edited by Randy G.; 11-01-2007, 02:26 AM.

I would guess so, he would have actually gotten them in "Homecoming" since Sylar had already taken her brain then, along with a plethora of other powers. However, Charlie's memory seemed to be mostly for trivial knowledge rather than memory of who she was as a person; amnesiac's may not remember anything about their life but many still remember basic knowledge like how to drive a car, how to read, do math, things like that. I'm sure if you threw a book in front of Peter he could remember it verbatim.

Comment

i guess thats probably about the best explanation they would be able to give us, so i'll go along with it...... on a side note, this was probably my favorite episode this season. even though i thought it was out of character for claire to do what she did. I know the other chick was drunk, but claire of all people should know that word would get out that a highschool cheerleader called the police and told them a girl named claire was dropped by a flying man and killed.

Comment

i think that peter's power only lets him use powers that are used around him, so if sylar didn't use it when peter was near, then peter wouldn't have it. Although Charlie's power wasn't really active, and you couldn't turn it on or off, so i guess I'm just going around in circles.

Comment

Not really, because my theory is basically identical to yours on that one. I think that powers that need to be actively controlled need to be used around Peter for him to absorb them. This, of course, begs the question of when DL used his power around Peter, but maybe he was close enough to DL when he was phasing in and out of the buildings in Kirby Plaza. But it would explain a lot, like why Peter couldn't control nuclear Ted's power and instead just emitted radiation, which is something that Ted did automatically, as well as why Peter didn't pick up a lot of powers after he clearly came in contact with the person who had them (Eden, for example). Also, if you look back, several of Peter's powers only emerged when someone used them near Peter, for example flight, mind-reading, and painting the future.

Comment

Ted wasn't using his powers when Peter started going nuclear the first time. He just has to be in the area to absorb them.

Comment

When did Peter come in contact with Eden?

Comment

HOLY CRAP....I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT PETER MEETING EDEN!!!!! AAAHHHAAAA!!!

Remember pycer when Peter went to see Mohinder for the first time and was saying how he could only do things when he's around people who can do things...and then took Mohinder to try and see Isaac before the whole Hiro stopping time on the train. But when Peter first came in to Mohinder's apartment Eden was there with him...MAN I CAN'T BELIEVE I MISSED THAT ONE. Nice call faz.

So now i'm not so sure Peter can absorb a person's power unless they are using it. I don't know i mean maybe his body has the powers but he just doesn't know he has them so he's not trying to use them...but then again i think something would have happened to cause Peter's body to bring up that power or one of Sylar's many we haven't seen yet. So maybe the power does have to be used when he's around them.

Migo what faz is trying to say is that Ted is always giving off low levels of radiation and thus by doing so Peter automatically picked up on it because Ted basically is always using his power even if he isn't blowing things up.

Also faz i too am curious about how he got DL's gift unless Peter's range of absorption is increasing or something...but if he can take people's powers without them using it then he should have a mess of powers including Micah's, Molly's, Sylar's many powers, and any body walking down the street if there are more kind of random people with powers walking down the street with him.

Comment

i had forgotten that he was around eden, also.

*face palm*

it makes more sense to me now, though, because a sponge can't soak up water if it's sitting beside the bucket.

Comment

Originally posted by pycer
                    When did Peter come in contact with Eden?

When he went to meet suresh at his apartment and Eden talked to Suresh about it later.

Comment

he would have to know about eden's power to use it. he never knew she had a power.

Comment

Originally posted by flying_girl
                        he would have to know about eden's power to use it. he never knew she had a power.
                        Not true in any way shape or form.

He has amnesia. I don't think his mind has anything to do with the powers OTHER than absorbing them.

He absorbs them, and not always when used. I went back and can't find DL anywhere near Peter when he uses his powers unless you count in the same city miles apart.

His body uses the abilities at need, and when he uses them he can figure out how to use them at will. So far every power he has used this season has started off as a reflex and then he has been trying to master how to do it consciencely.

You are right that he can't use Edens ability, but he definately has it. That also goes for all of Sylars innate and unused abilities. Peter has powers that even if he wasn't suffering from amnesia he has no idea he has and could just 'appear' when his body needs them to.

Comment

what i meant was that he has to know he has the ability in order to use it. asking someone a question wont make it work he needs to put the power into his words in order to make it work and even when he had his memory he never knew he had it. eden's power isnt one that just comes out like the rest of them. i guess if he really wants to know something or make someone do something he might use his power by accident.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshua

He absorbs them, and not always when used. I went back and can't find DL anywhere near Peter when he uses his powers unless you count in the same city miles apart.

Try watching the season finale dude, he was sitting on the ground by micah and molly in the square during the final battle.

Comment

Originally posted by pycer
                              Try watching the season finale dude, he was sitting on the ground by micah and molly in the square during the final battle.

Ok 'Dude'

DL isn't USING his ability at that time. That just proves my point... He can absorb powers even if they are not actively being used.

Dude.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎