No announcement yet.

Holy crap, did anyone see that coming?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by faz
    Either way, I'm pretty interested to see where they go with this Peter situation, hopefully it'll make sense relatively soon.
    Yeah hopefully Four Months Ago will fill in some of these holes for us...

Originally posted by flying_girl
    i'd call 2 bullets in the chest dead, especially if one is in the heart. so that blows your theory.
    I don't completely remember the scene (what ep was that again?) but Peter didn't die, did he? He got shot, and he healed on the spot. That hardly "blows my theory", flying girl. And this isn't really MY theory to begin with, it's just what the show itself taught us last season and constantly reinforced.

as for feeling what he felt when he met people with powers, claude taught him how to use his powers without thinking about anything. peter was not the first empath that claude taught and claude told peter that his powers would work if he forgot about everyone, which is what peter did. forget about everyone who meant anything to him

Again, if this is true and not just Claude's view, then the show shouldn't have had Claire be the one who pulled the shard out. Her presence only served to make these theories and ideas they themselves established continue to persist. And if Peter really is able to use powers (which he gains in a ridiculously easy fashion -- simply by being near a power holder) without limits or rules or extra effort (that the original power holder doesn't have to exert), then he's just too damned powerful. Sylar is nothing next to Peter if Peter is this limitless. I truly hope this is not the case.
    Last edited by Xanderman; 11-06-2007, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Geez, Xander, I think it's easier to talk to a brick wall than you.

Following your view of things, Peter's abilities should never have been anything more than flying, as for the first several times we saw him do anything, or there was any mention of him doing anything, it was flying.

Now, I'm all for some limits on ol Petey but thus far tptb have done nor said anything that makes your theory anywhere near accurate. For instance, when he was training with Claude, he used TK to defend himself with no recollection at first who he ran across that even had TK, much less how they made him feel inside. Your hung up on this whole Claire pulling the shard out thing, but had someone else done it you would still be saying, 'well, Claire was there in the house when it happened'. Claire removing the shard from his head was simply this- she knew from her prior injury what that section of the brain meant, and to lay the ground work for Peter giving her the gun and asking her to shoot him later on down the line. Thats it, thats all that was meant to be.

All I can say is chill out man, relax, it's a show. Enjoy it, or don't and move on. Again, they likely wanted people such as yourself to make that very assumption you did so that when Peters character begins to show new dimensions with his abilities, you'll be surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by pycer
        Following your view of things, Peter's abilities should never have been anything more than flying, as for the first several times we saw him do anything, or there was any mention of him doing anything, it was flying.
        I'm not sure what you mean by this.

The way I see it, and the way they seem to have set things up for the most part, Peter's abilities are tied to his emotions. He must feel a certain way to trigger a power. They aren't merely an extension of his will or always on as they are with the original power holders. To make it otherwise would make him way too powerful and less interesting of a character.

And again, if it was intended that Peter was supposed to truly heal on his own in that scene, they wouldn't have had Claire around at all, to remove the possibility completely. Claire's being there implied it was her presence that triggered his healing, especially given previous events in the season. If Claire wasn't there, I don't think Peter would have came back, irregardless if the shard was removed or not. The reason being simply that the power isn't always on or activated in him as it is with Claire.
        Last edited by Xanderman; 11-07-2007, 03:16 AM.

Comment

Lol, exactly my point...brick wall.

I give up, really, theres only so many times I can try and use some logic on someone that just totally defies all attempts at logic. If it looks like a duck etc, etc...but regardless, hope you can get past your little hangup on this shard thing and still enjoy the show, if not...sorry to hear it, but it's really your loss.

Comment

what's your problem pycer? you're just being an ass now. im done talking to you dude.
            Last edited by Xanderman; 11-07-2007, 01:17 PM.

Comment

? K...that was actually my least ass-like post I thought...I was even wishing you well in that...but whatever, I'll happily be an ass.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎