SPECIAL EFFECTS used in "The Line".....

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPECIAL EFFECTS used in "The Line".....

Discuss the special effects here.

I'm ready to bet money we'll see some more "Green" screen effect for Bennet and the Haitian... which I'm not a big fan of...

Comment

west flying and scaring the crap outta little kids

Comment

Originally posted by Portdechar
        I'm ready to bet money we'll see some more "Green" screen effect for Bennet and the Haitian... which I'm not a big fan of...
        I agree with ya there...seeing Bennet in Yugoslav or wherever on green screen the 1st time was almost painful enough to watch but i got over it and then showing more and THEN the scene at the end with Peter and the Irish girl. I mean that looked HORRIBLE! Like looking at a bad version of Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow (which was bad enough).

Comment

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that.

What happened? The green screen effects they used last year were always at least convincing, even if they weren't perfect. Tonight it looked like they just painted a backdrop and threw the characters in the middle. Same with Candice's beach illusion a few weeks back.

Comment

They cut the budget this year no doubt. I guess since they know they already have a very large audience hooked they figure they don't have to spend money anymore, or try as hard as they did in the first season, which was superior to this one (so far anyway) in virtually every respect.

Comment

I like the sword going through Keisei and then: "I know, it's not fair" comment!

Comment

Haven't seen BLUE screen work this bad in a long time. Not only was the lighting off but the screen actually shimmered through.
                It perfectly illustrates why the movie industry mostly switched to green screen though.

Comment

heroes is a massive hit all over the world, so that must mean they have areally big budget. some of the special effects this year have really seemed that great, especially the blue screen with the haitian and bennet. i guess its probably because they have to spend money all through the season on lots of different effects

Comment

Originally posted by ash91
                    heroes is a massive hit all over the world, so that must mean they have areally big budget. some of the special effects this year have really seemed that great, especially the blue screen with the haitian and bennet. i guess its probably because they have to spend money all through the season on lots of different effects
                    Actually I think they try to save money/cut corners wherever possible, especially given the number of regular actors they have to pay salaries for. They also have a lot of writers I believe. The Heroes makers have always said this wasn't going to be a special effects show (like Smallville per se), that it would be a character driven/focused series. Special effects come a distant second to their primary focus, and now we're seeing the proof.
                    Last edited by Xanderman; 10-31-2007, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Don't know what you all are talking about with the bad effects. The scenes that looked the best to me where the one at the end with Peter and the scenes with Noah and The Haitian. They might not look "real" but they're certainly nice to look at, and I'm not looking for "realistic" FX in a show about flying and teleporting people.

Comment

Well while it doesn't have to be completely realistic, the more realistic the better. I think they could have done a better job.

Comment

Just to be clear, my personal beef (and I'm sure this is true for most people) is not when FX look unreal for truly fantasy-type things, like showing someone flying -- I don't have a problem with that at all. It's when they use effects to simulate the actor or character being in environments that actually exist, that can be filmed or that they could create or use a reasonable "fake" version of (like an outdoor set) if they put a little time/money/effort into it. Showing HRG and the Haitian in simulated European backgrounds was the cheapest thing in the world to me. Afterall this wasn't an alien world they were recreating or trying to create, it actually exists, it can be filmed. But again, that obviously takes more time/money/effort hence the el cheapo FX route.
                          Last edited by Xanderman; 11-03-2007, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎