No announcement yet.

Chloe Creates Kara's Backstory?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chloe Creates Kara's Backstory?

One thing that kinda irked me was when Chloe told Clark that Kara's backstory was completely "google-proof," yet they completely glossed it over and didn't even explain how she did it; let alone any of the details she created about Kara. It was a complete cop-out.

hey, at least they gave us that much..... I was wondering how it could be that her total obscurity could go undetected by Lex.

Comment

Originally posted by Khyla
      hey, at least they gave us that much...
      True, but "less is more" doesn't really work on a TV show. It just brings up a lot of questions. What is the backstory, other than the fact that she's from Minnesota? I just wonder what story they're going to use...Is she adopted like Clark? Was she adopted by the Danvers' in Minnesota? Things like that...things that need explanations other than just saying "google-proof."

Comment

Originally posted by uhhuhhim
        True, but "less is more" doesn't really work on a TV show. It just brings up a lot of questions. What is the backstory, other than the fact that she's from Minnesota? I just wonder what story they're going to use...Is she adopted like Clark? Was she adopted by the Danvers' in Minnesota? Things like that...things that need explanations other than just saying "google-proof."
        Why do they need more explanation? And even if they do, do they need it right now?

Even though I like Kara, this isn't her show and we don't really need more than they've given us.

Comment

well, actually they did give a little more. Lex's secretary showed him a file with a picture of Kara saying. "grew up on a farm with two dogs...only child... home-schooled... looks like our 19 yr old from Minnesota keeps a flawless record."

Comment

Originally posted by JudasAce
            Why do they need more explanation? And even if they do, do they need it right now?
            I think it does need more explanation when an entire episode was dedicated to looking into Clark's past when everybody had to do a family tree.

I guess my point is....if they're going to give her a backstory, why not just say what it is from the get go without withholding it for a certain period of time.

Comment

Considering they mentioned Oliver in Bizarro I say it wouldn't be such a stretch to think, Chloe and Oliver worked together in making these documentation... the question that irks me is, why can't Clark do this or mention this to Chloe in Feirce aka I am going to need to do a background on her... and such.
              Last edited by aqgalaxy; 10-28-2007, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Khyla
                Lex's secretary showed him a file with a picture of Kara saying. "grew up on a farm with two dogs...only child... home-schooled... looks like our 19 yr old from Minnesota keeps a flawless record."
                Only child to who in Minnesota? Who raised her?

Originally posted by aqgalaxy
                the question that irks me is, why can't Clark do this or mention this to Chloe in Feirce aka I am going to need to do aback round on her... and such.
                Exactly. She mysteriously shows up, doesn't say that to Chloe in that episode, but two episodes later Chloe does a backstory, so when did he ask her? If anything, it should happen on screen, not off just to keep up a little continuity. He could've even asked her to ask Oliver if he could do it.

Only child to who in Minnesota? Who raised her?

Exactly. She mysteriously shows up, but he doesn't say that to Chloe in that episode, but two episodes later Chloe does a backstory, so when did he ask her? If anything, it should happen on screen, not off just to keep up a little continuity. He could've even asked her to ask Oliver if he could do it.
                Last edited by uhhuhhim; 10-28-2007, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Kara's back story is completely irrelevant on Smallville. Who cares how many acres of farmland she grew up on? Who cares what her ma' and pa's names were? It changes nothing and would add nothing to future events. They would have burned up 2 or 3 minutes explaining useless information. Just be happy that they mentioned Chloe building a back story. That's all that needed to be said on the matter.

Comment

Originally posted by 98chase
                    Kara's back story is completely irrelevant on Smallville. Who cares how many acres of farmland she grew up on? Who cares what her ma' and pa's names were? It changes nothing and would add nothing to future events.
                    Well, if none of that matters in regards to her, then I guess where Clark grew up and who he was raised by doesn't matter either? Don't give me the "This is a show about Clark, so it does matter" explanation either. The point is...She's family, they need to explain where she comes from (on Earth) to make it plausible. So, if Lex found out that Chloe created the backstory, you're saying "it changes nothing and would add nothing to future events?" Lex finding out its' bogus wouldn't change anything? Yeah, right.

Comment

It's stupid, at the moment Lex approach Kara and even before that, when he knew her name - He must check it out.
                      And I'm pretty sure Lex will find that Kara's background smells lies.

Comment

uhhuhhim, I agree it's just... that scene made it sound like it was Chloe's idea, not that Clark ask her but Chloe did it upon herself to do it, while that's cool Chloe did it but that means Clark didn't do one thing to help Kara out.

Comment

Originally posted by aqgalaxy
                          that scene made it sound like it was Chloe's idea, not that Clark ask her but Chloe did it upon herself to do it, while that's cool Chloe did it but that means Clark didn't do one thing to help Kara out.
                          Yes, that is a good point. Once again, he put the responsibility on someone else. You'd think since she is a SDA (small dumb alien), he would know well enough that she needs to have some cover...That was the first thing he should have done...To the other poster who says it doesn't matter where she came from, how can it not? They even had to explain in the 1984 movie...

Comment

and given the fact it was originally lana who said Minnesota its fair to say that chloe and lana worked together to hide karas origins

as good as chloe is she needed that vital piece of info lana mentioned otherwise chloe could have said any state i.e texas, washington, LA etc

and karas backstory is vital as her alien life is linked to clark

if karas story wasnt important lex would know karas not human and that would mean he would know for sure clark wasnt either
                            Last edited by SV'S_immortal_hero; 10-28-2007, 09:41 AM.

Comment

^^^ Yep. Another possibility is that Lana told Clark that she said Kara was from Minnesota and he told Chloe and then Chloe finalized everything, but another problem I'm having is that most of this is taking place off-screen and the show isn't flowing very well episode to episode.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎