Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Twitch
    Exactly.

From Action:

Lana: Well, I didn't want to freak her out, but Chloe might have found a clue about the attacker. She got sidetracked by her editor, but she e-mailed us this. Warrior Angel internet blogs. Not all the fans are enthusiastic about the film's interpretation. The movie stays true to the mythology in all ways but one. In the comics, Warrior Angel's girlfriend dies. And in the movie, she doesn't. Blogs, message boards, fan forums -- these are all pretty extreme. How are we supposed to narrow this down to the one psycho who's willing to kill?

After hearing Lana say that I was like touché AlMiles, touché.
    Haha yeah. Although I am not one of those people who say Lana should die.

Comment

Originally posted by Vergon6
      Haha yeah. Although I am not one of those people who say Lana should die.
      Same here, I just found that little jab hilarious.

Comment

I agree. I still don't get why people read into that Lois is destined to die. I mean, Lois wasn't even in the episode.

Comment

Well, there is also all the in over her head bit, which Lois loves to be, and the guns pointing at Lois all season long. Then Lois being shot by a Lex minion in what was the original finale, followed by Clark getting shot wearing a Lois name badge.

There is the "hero must walk alone" bit that is a big argument for why Clark should bypass Chloe and go to Lois. The "hero must walk alone seems to be fairly pointedly rejected by the movie producers.

In the latest Smallville mag I understand Penelope's name has been changed to Dana Dane. So Dana could be like Lana, Cane is definately more like Lane. And add an i and you have Diana Dane who is the Lois analog from Supreme (Allen Moore's meta commentary on the Superman story). Make of it what you will, that could easily be coincidence.

Comment

Lana and Lex have also been shot several times over the course of the series.

Comment

They would never kill Lana. She is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Vergon6
                Lana and Lex have also been shot several times over the course of the series.
                Indeed. I wonder how many times Lex has actually been shot during the course of the series, I'm pretty sure he holds the record for that.

Also, the only character on Smallville who obviously isn't 100% safe is Chloe. [SPOILER] I guess you can include Tess in that category too for next season, she's not actually part of the mythos right? [/SPOILER]

Comment

Indeed. I wonder how many times Lex has actually been shot during the course of the series, I'm pretty sure he holds the record for that.

Also, the only character on Smallville who obviously isn't 100% safe is Chloe. [SPOILER] I guess you can include Tess in that category too for next season, she's not actually part of the mythos right? [/SPOILER]
                  Yeah. They claimed that comic books fans would recognize said character in the spoiler tags, but there is no consensus on who this person is, and they don't have the same name as any character already established (unless they are going a Julian Luthor/Grant Gabriel route).

I don't personally think Chloe will die permanently. As for this other character, it is certainly possible.

Comment

lois wont die..if she does she'll come right back. Smallville do not own the rights to her so the cannot kill her off unless DC allow it..which I highly doubt

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by sdogg1m
                    Did anyone relay the idea of Warrior Angel to Smallville?

"In the comic book Warrior Angel's girlfriend dies but in the movie she doesn't"

Does that mean Lana or Lois is going to die in Smallville?

Warrior angel was bald right?

IMO warrior angel implies how Lex sees himself, he's more like Lex than Superman

He sacrificed love for money and power, in the Warrior angel story he cant be with anyone if he wants to be powerful.
                    Last edited by DontCha; 06-21-2008, 01:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Me too. While some people were getting angry over the episode, I was busy laughing my head off.

They would never kill Lana. She is safe.
                      Yep. She's safe. And so is Lois. In fact, so are Lex and Jimmy.

Comment

Originally posted by Odysseus
                        Yep. She's safe. And so is Lois. In fact, so are Lex and Jimmy.
                        Yea, and so is Kara in Season 8 too... er, wait... nevermind

Comment

Originally posted by Ardiem3
                          Yea, and so is Kara in Season 8 too... er, wait... nevermind
                          Kara wasn't killed off. She was imprisoned in the Phantom Zone.

They needed to do that to Kara because they needed an explanation of why Kara isn't already SuperWOMAN in the comics rather than Supergirl. The Phantom Zone is a place where the prisoners eternally remain at the same physical age they were when they were imprisoned, so when Kara is eventually released again in the far future, they will have an explanation for her still being a TEENAGER and thus the reason for her calling herself SuperGIRL rather than Superwoman in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by sdogg1m
                            Did anyone relay the idea of Warrior Angel to Smallville?

"In the comic book Warrior Angel's girlfriend dies but in the movie she doesn't"

Does that mean Lana or Lois is going to die in Smallville?
                            it could be an allusion to the theme (as I see it) of this season: "If Clark stays with Lana, he will never become what he is meant to be." you think about it though, the comic book and the movie could be metaphors of Clark's true destiny and the life he dreams of. Comics = Clark's destined life as Superman in which he has moved on and become what he is meant to be.
                            Movie = Clark's preferance of his life. "She" (Angel's gf? Lana? you decide...) lives and stays a part of his life, but absent is the sacrifice of going without this loss in order to realize his potential.

see a big concern with this is that "if it applies now, it has to apply later". Not so! at this point Clark's desire to be happy with a significant other is only anchoring him from realizing his full potential, sort of like how most parents warn their kids to not marry before college or some might also say before they've established themselves in the world with a job and a place to live.
                            if Clark and Lana stayed together or, God forbid, were married and had a life in Smallville, Clark would *never* take the initiative to become the saving force that is Superman. seasons past and especially now have proven this, and Lana has finally come to understand that this is the truth. if she stays with Clark he will never do what he must to realize his full potential.
                            However... this does not apply to years later when Clark *has* taken the initiative and become Superman. By this time he has a job at the planet, a place to live that is not the same town he grew up in with truckloads of memories to peck at him, and every day he fulfills his potential as Superman. when the time is right, he and Lois can have that happiness of a life together. at this point Lois could not keep Clark from being what he is meant to be.

Comment

warrior angel is sometimes used as a parallel to clarks world by the writers (such as warrior angel and devilicus were best friends turned enemys, and devilicus turn to evil was a journey not a lightswitch) but in this instance, it is not. First of all, we know in DC continuity both lana and lois are alive. Secondly, DC will not allow TPTB to kill off lana and Lois.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveS
                                " actually, Lois is the future Mrs. Kent, she can´t die"

Not anywhere living now or the foreseeable future onscreen, just in your 10 years 'death' TV show and funny books that only about 60,000 read per month. But, please, feel free to hold your breath until ClarkMan marries lois on Smallville, if you wish.

Knock yourself out.
                                Hilarious comments. It actually did happen! They didn't get married onscreen, but they became an item on SV. It's fun to read old comments.
                                Last edited by Simba_Muffy; 01-03-2014, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎