Lana knows she has to let Clark go

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raistlin
    Extreme Lana biased on full display.
    That was actually what happened in the episode, though.

Comment

I'm currently in the middle of writing a story set between this episode and the next one. I've tried to structure it like an episode so there is an A-plot plus several smaller strands related to events depicted in the episodes from season 7. One of those strands is the rekindling of Clark and Lana's relationship so I've rewatched scenes featuring them (no easy task to sit through!) to get a handle on exactly how they were with one another. Whatever I write should not discount what was seen on the show after the point I've set my story.

What I've noticed is that Lana has dropped several hints about getting intimate with Clark in 'Cure', 'Action' and 'Lara', and of course they finally do soon afterwards in 'Wrath'. She even refers to herself as his girlfriend when she stumbles upon Rachael and Clark 'rehearsing' lines in the loft in this episode. To all intents and purposes, Lana is all in on making a go of this relationship. Despite Clark's words to her at the end of 'Action', he still looks like he harbours reservations. He's curious about what she wants to do with her life, and he's not enthralled that she stole money from Lex even though she says it's part of her divorce settlement and being used to help the meteor infected.

It's also noticeable that they've not really gone public over getting back together. Kara's taken it in stride given that she's staying at the farm, but it's not really been shown when they're away from the farm.

Apart from his fears of intimacy, was Clark also holding back at this point because he wasn't sure it was what he really wanted with Lana?
      Last edited by Bally; 01-06-2018, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎