No announcement yet.

Lana knows she has to let Clark go

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mello Penelo
    Aaaaaaaaand, TPTB are setting up Clark becoming Superman because he can't be with Lana. It's like being Earth's greatest superhero is a consolation prize compared to Lana.
    No, what I think they are suggesting is that Lana can't be with Clark because he has to become Superman. Mixing up cause and effect here.

Comment

I had this thought the first time I watched the episode:

"Lana knows....

She knows that she and Clark will never live happily ever after. Between Ben's comments and Lionel's warnings and the way Rachel kept referring to Clark as the real super hero, Lana knows her days with Clark are numbered. The expression on her face and the weak little "OK" said it all.

Similar thoughts have penetrated Clark's thick skull as well. He just refuses to admit it. I think this episode not only forshadowed Superman and his destiny, but also Lana and her destiny. Her destiny does not seem to be happy."

Comment

That is so funny, as Lana never was or is anybody's idea of a prize.

Comment

Originally posted by HalJordan4184
          However, you will notcie after telling him that, she was perfectly content to live with his answer of i want you, im not leaving.
          I don't think this was the case at all. Sometimes most people think something that is quickly rejected can be brought up again when the person is a liitle more receptive. Neither will forget the discussion and I'm sure it will weigh on both of them. And I'm really believing that Clark has to some degree accepted his destiny, he's just postponing it for a little Lana time. That to some degree Clark is kidding himself and Lana feels the same. But sometimes bringing something up that neither one of them wants right now is healthy to feel that each can communicate with the other and be thinking about it and considering it. It makes certain in a relationship that there are "no surprises" later kind of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dor el
            I had this thought the first time I watched the episode:

"Lana knows....

She knows that she and Clark will never live happily ever after. Between Ben's comments and Lionel's warnings and the way Rachel kept referring to Clark as the real super hero, Lana knows her days with Clark are numbered. The expression on her face and the weak little "OK" said it all.

Similar thoughts have penetrated Clark's thick skull as well. He just refuses to admit it. I think this episode not only forshadowed Superman and his destiny, but also Lana and her destiny. Her destiny does not seem to be happy."
            Excellent points. Being thrown off that building and stating that she can't believe she didn't put it all together when she read the article about Clark saving the dimwit actress may be exactly in line with what you are saying. That doesn't account for Lana turning evil but how many times does she want to lie in Smallville Hospital or have to have her life saved by Clark. She may in fact want to get as far away from him as possible. I hope it's soon.

Comment

Quote:
              I viewed Lana's look as one of skepticism rather than as "perfectly content". I think she let it go for now but that she knows he will have to move on eventually. I viewed it as a major move toward Clark's destiny, even if he's not willing to accept it yet. I think the pieces are in place for the relationship to end amicably but with Lana clearly knowing it's for the best. But I bet she gets pissed when she finds out Clark ends up with Lois so close by and realizes that he was capable of a relationship and following his destiny at the same time afterall. You hear of women having regrets when the guy they dumped ended up being a rich doctor, etc. How about breaking up with the guy that ends up being Superman!?
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              I like your answer. Well done.

I also keep reading somewhere that Lana Lang was the first love that taught him how to love which in turn leads him into the Lois and Clark relationship. Clark Kent was not capable of love.
              Look at all the times he pushed Lana away. His hiding behind his powers and afraid of hurting Lana, was him being a coward. He also played yo-yo with her emotions. One minute they are dating the next he dumps her.

Remember all the previous seasons he had talks with Jor-El? Clark even said something about his father being cold or something like it. Clark came from a planet where there was no emotions or feelings (in the Superman movies with Marlon Brando as Jor El).

Comment

Originally posted by operadiva
                Lana is not that smart ..you give her too much credit..She knows nothing..In the barn scene ...she looked dead straight into Lionel's eyes and understood ..what the hell he was saying and said point blank to him..i hope you are not going to tell Clark all those lies about me..Hello..this ***** has lost her mind...
                she was lieing theres a differance

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Knight
                  she was lieing theres a differance
                  There's sad irony to all of this in that Lana spent years harping on Clark to be honest with her and now ever since she killed Genevieve she has turned into an evil liar. To think that she would marry Lex is ludicrous and then refusing to save him when he was trapped is another attempt at murder and holding Lionel captive which is another felony or two (kidnapping and probably was going to be extortion) and now lying to Clark over and over and continuing the lying with Lionel. She is not fit to be associated with Clark Kent who is supposed to be a person of great character who stands for truth, justice and the American way. Lana is a sleazy snake and Clark will find out soon I hope that she is not what he thinks she is.

Comment

im not saying lana is a saint but i think she has motives for doing this things like she was lied too alot when she was a good girl ,and was messed with by lex so much maybe she cracked, im not condoning her actions i just seen it coming , people who are constantly lied too and manipulated and betrayed will eventully fight back.

Comment

IMO Lana said those things about letting Clark go, not because she thinks it's what she should or will have to do some day, but because she thinks that is what good, noble Lana would say, and it guarantees he'll remain completely devoted to her. She remembers how his eyes lit up with pride when he said, "I didn't know you had a secret plan to save the world." (ep7.04 "Cure") It's her way of manipulating him. Lana's a personal security hog who needs constant assurance that she's in control and has Clark's full allegiance. She full well knew he would not agree with her when she said those things about not wanting to hold Clark back. She just wanted a verbal confirmation and commitment of his total devotion to her.

Comment

Wow, people are cynical! I hope Lana doesn't get that way...

Comment

Originally posted by kryptonaidxh
                          of course she knoes she has to let him go, so..why does the stupid donīt understand it?
                          because she is the most selfish character of Smallville, thatīs why , she just worries about herself and her secets and lies to manipulate Clark., but Clark is not for a fool like her, fortunately he wonīt end with her.
                          What? Did you expect her to immediately and forcefully push Clark away once it dawned upon her that pursuing a life with Clark was a bad idea? How unrealistic and one-dimensional could you make a story-line?

She's written to be human. Humans are selfish. Giving up on something that you've pursued for a long long time takes a while, it's not that easy to cut something off. Just be happy that TPTB are FINALLY moving towards getting the whole Clana thing closed up.

Comment

Originally posted by Dor el
                            HalJordan, welcome back. I agree, mostly, with this. I do believe that Lana is beginning to realize that she is not gonna be able to hold on to Clark and keep him all to herself forever. I also think that she is gonna make the most of it while she can. I also think that Lana knows she is treading on a slippery slope by all the naughtiness, and she fears Clark will find out. But, she fears that to a lesser extent that she fears she won't be able to get even with both Lex and Lionel. Right now, I think that revenge means more to her that does Clark. And it is this revelation that will make him wake up and notice that Lana is not the woman for him. Now, this is a lot of thinking for me. I have to go lie down and rest my head.
                            You're right, when Clark figures ot that Lana isn't the same woman he fell in love with he'll have to let her go. Otherwise he will be living a lie and Clark isn't about that at all.

Comment

TPTB are FINALLY moving towards getting the whole Clana thing closed up.

I don't think so..it has take 6yrs for Lana to finally know Clark's secret..i'll believe it when i see it...The TPTB are pulling us along like puppets....
                              Just the reference to finally a real relationship is laughable as if what they had before was a joke...Excuse me.. if i barf...This Clark will probably be made to move away from Lana by force not by falling out of love..which is the mistake they are making ...to show Clark feelings have changes will be more appropriate and sensible..True Lana is selfish...you hit the nail on the head...

Comment

Originally posted by Wendell
                                Wow, people are cynical! I hope Lana doesn't get that way...
                                Lana's out of breath in the middle of the woods at night, holding a shovel she just used to wack Lionel senseless:

As she catches her breath, Lana snarles, "How did he escape, Marilyn!"
                                ..."I'm not paying you to make mistakes!"

Lana's cellphone rings.

She takes a few more breaths.

"Don't say a word!" she warns, and we watch her demeanor completely change.

"Clark, Hi!" her voice is almost lilting. "Just watching a movie with Aunt Nell."
                                ----------------------------------------------------------------

Is there any way not to be cynical of her after watching that scene?

And there are lots more examples that show her manipulative, self-serving qualities. Lana comes first even above the rest of the world. She is not the self-sacrificing type.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎