No announcement yet.

Lana knows she has to let Clark go

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lana knows she has to let Clark go

I loved it when Lana told her that he could be the one that millions look up to. She told him that he needs to get his butt out of Smallville and start saving people. That was a great point in moving this along and I just don't see how they can go to a season 8 without Clark being Superman.

Hey could you create like 10 more topics real quick? Because I don't think you've flooded this forum enough yet. Thanks!

Comment

I liked that moment too.

Comment

Lana is not that smart ..you give her too much credit..She knows nothing..In the barn scene ...she looked dead straight into Lionel's eyes and understood ..what the hell he was saying and said point blank to him..i hope you are not going to tell Clark all those lies about me..Hello..this ***** has lost her mind...

Comment

It's attitudes like yours that make the rest of us fans look like the whack job stalker in this episode!

Comment

However, you will notcie after telling him that, she was perfectly content to live with his answer of i want you, im not leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by HalJordan4184
              However, you will notcie after telling him that, she was perfectly content to live with his answer of i want you, im not leaving.
              That was indeed a strange look as was her whole demeanor when falling from the building and being saved by Clark. I think Lana is going to turn on him. After all, he indirectly killed her parents. She did not seem thrilled by Clark's assurance to her that he was not leaving the farm. She along with MM, Kara, Jor El, Martha, Oliver and Chloe have been hammering on him to get a life and to fulfill his destiny. The writers can't keep hammering on that theme and then continually have him refuse without harming the character that they are trying to develop as writers.

Comment

of course she knoes she has to let him go, so..why does the stupid don´t understand it?
                because she is the most selfish character of Smallville, that´s why , she just worries about herself and her secets and lies to manipulate Clark., but Clark is not for a fool like her, fortunately he won´t end with her.

Comment

I viewed Lana's look as one of skepticism rather than as "perfectly content". I think she let it go for now but that she knows he will have to move on eventually. I viewed it as a major move toward Clark's destiny, even if he's not willing to accept it yet. I think the pieces are in place for the relationship to end amicably but with Lana clearly knowing it's for the best. But I bet she gets pissed when she finds out Clark ends up with Lois so close by and realizes that he was capable of a relationship and following his destiny at the same time afterall. You hear of women having regrets when the guy they dumped ended up being a rich doctor, etc. How about breaking up with the guy that ends up being Superman!?

Comment

i say we are going to see more manipulation on Lana's part... more and more this season...Poor Clark he has no clue...
                    i actually feel sorry for Clark...
                    Lana talks the big talk about letting Clark go yet she is living on the farm...Her actions prove otherwise...
                    I am sure fans will explain away her action.Can't wait to read them and have a great laugh...

Comment

Originally posted by operadiva
                      Lana talks the big talk about letting Clark go yet she is living on the farm...Her actions prove otherwise...
                      I am sure fans will explain away her action.Can't wait to read them and have a great laugh...
                      It's not the fans that explain away anything. It's the writers that will explain things by what they write in the future. Let's remember that she's not a real person that has her own internal motivations, etc., etc. She's a puppet of the writers and will dance when they say dance. Now people may not like how they are writing her character, but I think they are setting up the inevitable breakup with Lana's full support so that Clark can follow his predestined path (regardless of her current unexplained machinations).
                      Last edited by Wendell; 10-31-2007, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Except, after supposedly releazing that last episode, she didn't do anything and in fact let things just keep going as they were. If she were honestly all about Clark fulfilling his destiny, over them being together, and her own desires, she would have ended it. Instead, all indications point to her continuing their farce of a relationship, as long as she can make it last, and just letting Clark do what he wants, rather than what shes convinced needs to be done.

Comment

Granted, that was her response at the moment. But my original point was that Lana looked skeptical to me about what Clark was saying. I think her doubt will only grow over time (i.e., character arc). But as long as the show is on the air, Clark won't fulfill his destiny. Let's be honest, it's the show that's truly holding him back. If the ratings were low enough, the show would be ending and Clark would become Superman. It's not Lana's fault. It's our fault!

Comment

Aaaaaaaaand, TPTB are setting up Clark becoming Superman because he can't be with Lana. It's like being Earth's greatest superhero is a consolation prize compared to Lana.

Comment

Except, after supposedly releazing that last episode, she didn't do anything and in fact let things just keep going as they were. If she were honestly all about Clark fulfilling his destiny, over them being together, and her own desires, she would have ended it. Instead, all indications point to her continuing their farce of a relationship, as long as she can make it last, and just letting Clark do what he wants, rather than what shes convinced needs to be done.

HalJordan, welcome back. I agree, mostly, with this. I do believe that Lana is beginning to realize that she is not gonna be able to hold on to Clark and keep him all to herself forever. I also think that she is gonna make the most of it while she can. I also think that Lana knows she is treading on a slippery slope by all the naughtiness, and she fears Clark will find out. But, she fears that to a lesser extent that she fears she won't be able to get even with both Lex and Lionel. Right now, I think that revenge means more to her that does Clark. And it is this revelation that will make him wake up and notice that Lana is not the woman for him. Now, this is a lot of thinking for me. I have to go lie down and rest my head.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎