Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Cape Discussion thread: Was it a symbol? Why did he leave it hanging?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i just watched the pieta video and i agree with the comic's poses but the statue and painting were someone dieing in someone else's arm's not being carried but i do remember a famous painting or statue with that pose. cant remember what it is but i went to the smithsonians a few months ago and i think i saw it there.

Comment

• A Glimpse of the Future

Originally posted by simaozinho200
      my question is why did he leave the cape on the fence maybe he's not ready for the mantle of superman yet
      symbolism
      I agree with your view. It was a 'tongue-in-cheek' look at the Future and the Superman that's still within. Clark's just Really Not Ready to see himself as a costumed Superhero at this point in his destiny.

Comment

• I interpreted the scene the same as most of the others that have posted here - when Clark first opens the box and removes the cape - he then looks at it and I'm thinking this is pretty cool - but then the next view is of an empty-handed Clark walking back towards the house - the cape (as well as his destiny) discarded - at least for this moment in time...

this all happens after Lana tells him that at some point he is going to have forget about her and realize his full potential - use his extraodinary abilities to help a world in need - but Clark tells her he isn't going anywhere - that for the first time in along time he has everything he has ever wanted and is not about to give that up...

Comment

• Originally posted by iss_hogai
          I interpreted the scene the same as most of the others that have posted here - when Clark first opens the box and removes the cape - he then looks at it and I'm thinking this is pretty cool - but then the next view is of an empty-handed Clark walking back towards the house - the cape (as well as his destiny) discarded - at least for this moment in time...

this all happens after Lana tells him that at some point he is going to have forget about her and realize his full potential - use his extraodinary abilities to help a world in need - but Clark tells her he isn't going anywhere - that for the first time in along time he has everything he has ever wanted and is not about to give that up...
          It was basically saying, if you want to interpret it as this, is that hes not ready for his destiny, in more ways than one. He cant exactly be Superman before he can fly now can he, so thats one reason why hes not ready...

Comment

• he's NOT ready.....until he is, Shelby can use it, as a chew toy.
            Lois, has the back-up, RED Blanket.....when he's FINALLY ready !

Comment

• Well I think he's getting closer........he wears the same shirt and jacket all the time. And it seems like his blue and red t-shirts keep getting tighter and tighter....might as well be spandex.........

Comment

• Originally posted by Eri-El
                Well I think he's getting closer........he wears the same shirt and jacket all the time. And it seems like his blue and red t-shirts keep getting tighter and tighter....might as well be spandex.........
                I agree that the shirts are getting tighter, but then again, he is getting buffer. The cape was symbolic for what is to come for the future.

Comment

• I know the cape was symbolic for the future.........but IMO I think he's getting closer to doing it......I can't see him waiting another 5, 10, 15 years before he decides to follow his destiny in his own way.

Comment

• Originally posted by boywithbluehanger
                    That's so obviously where they stole the idea for that scene imo. It looks exactly like the classic comic panel where Peter walks away from the Spider-Man costume that lies in the trashcan after he throws it away. Not to mention, AlMiles were responsible for much of the screenplay in Spider-Man 2...so if you're like me, you won't see that as a coincidence either.
                    QFT. Nice scene, though to me as well as saying "I'm walking away from this." It also told me "This is what's to come."

Comment

• It was symbolic; Clark hung the cape out over his fence to represent the upcoming man he is to become.

Comment

• I think that's the same cape that Clark will wear when he becomes Superman.

Comment

• Originally posted by simaozinho200
                          my question is why did he leave the cape on the fence maybe he's not ready for the mantle of superman yet
                          symbolism
                          Maybe so,but most superheroes at one point or another,have questioned themselves about becoming,or being a superhero. From Clark Kent on Smallville, Peter Parker on Spider-Man 2, to Bruce Wayne in The Dark Knight. Every superhero deals with the pressures of being a hero. To be who they are,they give up so much in return. And with each hero,there's someone in there ear to remind them of what they're doing and why they do it. That's a major part of why they're heros. And if you look at the examples I've used,they've all wanted to give it all up because of a woman. Clark is still a young man trying to find his purpose. He's still learning life's lessons. Give him some time. His destiny WILL be fulfilled..................

Comment

• He left it outside because it's not apart of the Clana relationship.
                            Last edited by Simba_Muffy; 03-15-2013, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎