Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This episode: Making fun of fans or acknowledging them?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

its so ironic to see how people moan at clark not becoming superman because its his destiny and time is moving on

i seem to remember these same people making a fuss over jor-el saying it, and many others

every1 was saying "clark should become superman because he wants to not because hes forced"

why doesnt every1 remember what they preach the show would be more enjoyable to them

Comment

The crazy fanboy ranting about "destiny" sounded pretty much identical to thousands of posts here and elsewhere. I thought it was both accurate and really funny.

Comment

Let's see, it all depends on what type of person you are and how you generally perceive life in general. You got to live and look at life with a sense of humour or you may lose it.

You can
        see it as poking fun at is which in a way is true. Let's face it, everyone one of us can be neurotic and crazy...LOL.

But personally, I think it is an acknowledment to SV fans.
        I find the whole thing very entertaining and funny and it is good
        to know that someone out there (SV people) is paying attention to what we write on these boards.

So keep the neurotic, thoughtful, opinionated yet respectfull comments coming. It is what keep this show going, and I think a lot of us want this show to be around for at least another season or two.

Comment

I see it as a very surreal and humorous at the same time!

Comment

yeah.....i liked how they did that.....with the whole acnkowleding the fans moment. personally i think smallville is getting better and better. this is one of my favorite episodes for the save at the end and the evil lana scene with the shovel.

Comment

Originally posted by MidgardDragon
              They were insulting the obsessed and whiny fans, not all the fans. It rightfully cast said fans in a negative light, as they do nothing but bring negativity and obsessiveness to these forums. It didn't insult every fan that goes to fan forums, though. TPTB have endured so much hate don't they deserve to push back every once in a while?
              ITA

Comment

It was like we guys acted in an episode, finally! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mello Penelo
                  It wasn't a shout out. It was an insult. They see us all as uber nerds who whine about comics.
                  LOL Ya. That about sums it up.

----- Added 54 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by Twitch
                  I found it hilarious!
                  Me, too.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

They were insulting the obsessed and whiny fans, not all the fans. It rightfully cast said fans in a negative light, as they do nothing but bring negativity and obsessiveness to these forums. It didn't insult every fan that goes to fan forums, though. TPTB have endured so much hate don't they deserve to push back every once in a while?
                  Agreed.
                  Last edited by Raistlin; 09-15-2011, 04:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I've lost track of how many times, that I've gone onto a forum and seen someone talking about, for example, that "Shumacher should be killed" (because he made one bad movie, 16 years ago) and stuff like that. And he's not the only one, who gets this type of treatment. I've seen a person refer to Gavin Hood (director of X-Men Origins Wolverine) as "worse than Hitler" (you know, the guy who killed millions). And most recently, CB writer Dan Slott was sent death threats via Twitter, for the editorial decision to kill off Peter Parker.

So, guys like this really do exist. It's not something that the writer of the episode made up. Only taking it to the next level (i.e. what if one of these guys actually acted on their threats and tried to kill someone).

That being said, the episode really could've used a balance. All we're told is that "the fans are unhappy, about one change" and then there's the psychotic guy. Would've been great to see him interacting with another fan, who doesn't take it so seriously (and even goes so far as to tell him to "get help") or just have them say "some of the fans", instead of implying that all fans hates the change.
                    Last edited by jon-el87; 04-23-2013, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
                      So, guys like this really do exist. It's not something that the writer of the episode made up. Only taking it to the next level (i.e. what if one of these guys actually acted on their threats and tried to kill someone).

That being said, the episode really could've used a balance. All we're told is that "the fans are unhappy, about one change" and then there's the psychotic guy. Would've been great to see him interacting with another fan, who doesn't take it so seriously (and even goes so far as to tell him to "get help") or just have them say "some of the fans", instead of implying that all fans hates the change.
                      Agreed on both counts. SV just lacks subtlety to do a story like this one properly. They just poke fun but never try make any really insightful or fair judgements.

But hey, they had Christina Milian's character carrying around a William Shakespierre book because she's an actress. And Shakespierre requires acting when performed!

Comment

They deserved the hate. SV had a whole lot of BAD writing. It's still a funny episode.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎