No announcement yet.

Guard talking backward

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guard talking backward

In the scene where Matt struggles with the guard in his mind, the guard is speaking backwards.

I recorded the audio, reversed it and he says:

"Back in your cage, you are a dead beat" then something is said I can't quite make out then the guard says "Hands against the wall."

There sounds like something else just after the words "Dead Beat", but I can't catch what it is.

Thanks for clearing that up!!!
    I thought my ears were going bad.....

Comment

Wow! that's cool that you got that...

Comment

Heroes is trying to give us subliminal messages in order to make us continue watching the show!!!! Silly people they should know we don't need that cause we'll watch it anyways.

Comment

Nicely done, no wonder I couldn't understand anything he said.

Comment

I played the scene over and over trying to understand what the guard was saying till I released he was talking backward.

Matt really does have issues

Comment

I thought that the backwards speaking guard, was a good touch to the "nightmarish" theme of the segment.

Comment

Absolutely, kind of like Walt appearing randomly in the jungle talking backwards on Lost. It gives a very dark tone to it.

Comment

When I reversed it, I heard:

"You know the drill, hands against the wall."
                  "You abandoned your kid, you're a deadbeat. And now you're gonna pay."
                  "Noone is supposed to be here"

Those are in order from if it was playing normally.

If you listen closely, he says "You abandoned your kid" not "Get back in your cage" -- Note: why would he say get back in your cage, Matt was already in the cage.

Comment

Thanks, I didn't have a very good recorder at that time, I was watching it on my daughter's laptop and recorded it with a cheap microphone onto Windows Sound recorder.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎