Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by redraven
    I blame the CW's terrible advertising for the drop in ratings. Maybe if they had chosen better scenes for the trailer instead making the episode seem like it was going to be totally centered around Christina Millian, we'd have gotten better ratings.

Hopefully next week there will be a rise.
    I have to agree with all of you about this, lack of promoting the SV shows the only ad's we see here are on the CW and I mean that ALL!

They do promotion's for Dr Phil, Reaper and GG, with ad's on buses and billboards. For Smallville there is no way they have even done that, it's like they don't care.

All you need to do is pick up a copy of Entertainment Weekly and TV Guide and look at all the ad's for all of the rest of the networks, in most case's it's a two page spread. And they also place ad's on other TV stations. Where is the CW, my guess is that they are sitting behind the barn smoking and tweeling there thumbs.

If that advertising group worked for me they would all be out looking some where else for work. Really a monkey could do better then they have.

Thanks for letting me vent, this is a sore area for me....

Take Care,

Jack
    Last edited by jack1487; 10-29-2007, 05:02 PM.

Comment

I agree Jack that the CW is doing a horrible job on advertising this season. Perhaps it's because this could be it for AM, KK, MR, and next season since TW is contracted for an 8th they are unsure of the direction of the show, viewership if those cast members leave. And I also think the cast is getting weary of SV and ready to move forward in their acting careers beyond SV.

Comment

I think the CW has fallen down on promoting their older shows (like Smallville and Supernatural) because they wanted to push their new shows. A little before the season started, a fan contacted a local affiliate asking when they were going to start showing trailers for SV. And the affiliate came right out and told them that they shouldn't expect to see a whole lot of promotion for SV because the network was really focussing on promoting Reaper and Gossip Girl.

Well, as you might imagine, I thought that sucked. But what are you gonna do?

And, for Reaper and Gossip Girl fans out there, I have nothing against those shows. I just find it annoying that the network decided to give all of the promotional attention to them, and pretty much ignored their other shows, forget that those shows have fans who care about them and have been watching them for years.

And it amuses me that, despite being treated like a red-headed stepchild, SV has managed to do well in the ratings anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Dannyblue1
          despite being treated like a red-headed stepchild, SV has managed to do well in the ratings anyway.
          Danny, that's exactly what I referred to the show as before because that's what they're doing. The thing that amazes me about Smallville is the fact that the ratings, despite being in its seventh year, have been higher; and in some cases, as high as last season, which is something they need to acknowledge because most "aging" shows show a steady decline in the final years instead the consistency we've still been seeing. That's not to say that it hasn't had its bumps in the road, but as Craig pointed out, the key demographic scores have been great.

Comment

I think that we need to all write to the CW and raise H**L with them about this and the no comment about the shows, they have the worst Marketing department that I have seen with it's no SV SPN acknowledgement of how well these two show are doing!!!!

Sorry venting again!!!

Take Care,

Jack

Comment

here is the live+ 7 numbers
              5.08 million

Comment

Thats pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀