Ratings for Action

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are the CW's ratings for the week so far. (Not including tonight and Sunday.) The numbers for SV and SPN aren't final, so they could go up or down slightly.

Everybody Hates Chris - 2.521 million viewers

Aliens in America.....2.359 million viewers

Girlfriends.....2.210 million viewers

The Game.....2.608 million viewers

Beauty and the Geek.....3.245 million viewers

Reaper.....2.608 million viewers

America's Next Top Model.....4.737 million viewers

Gossip Girl.....2.542 million viewers

Smallville.....4.50 million*

Supernatural.....3.27 million*

Remember, on the CW, anything over 3 million is considered okay. Anything over 4 million is pretty good. And over 5 million is excellent.

No show on the CW has as much competition as SPN has right now. So I'd love to see what it could do if were in a less competative timeslot.

Comment

Next week, not only will it possibly be up against baseball, but also an hour episode of My Name Is Earl.

The CW had better do a good job of promoting the fact that Helen Slater is guest starring and that two mythos characters will be on the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Dannyblue1

Remember, on the CW, anything over 3 million is considered okay. Anything over 4 million is pretty good. And over 5 million is excellent.
        [/i]

Hahaha - Do they say that in their press releases?

No show on the CW has as much competition as SPN has right now. So I'd love to see what it could do if were in a less competative timeslot.
        What they should do is cancel their lowest rated show and let Supernatural have one of those spots and maybe that show's ratings would go up...because it is a decent show. I don't watch it weekly, but it's not that bad to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by uhhuhhim

Hahaha - Do they say that in their press releases?

Although, actually, they come pretty close sometimes.

Also, there was a recent interview where advertisers said they were actually okay with the CW's numbers. Not thrilled but, taking into account that the network is very small, and very new, it's not doing as badly as raw numbers seem to indicate.

As for those wondering why CW Now is still on the air, it's because somehow, some way, the CW managed to convince sponsers to pay for an entire year's worth of advertising for it upfront. How they managed to convince advertisers like Wal-Mart and Snickers that the show was worth a year-long commitment, we'll never know. But, even if it keeps pulling less than a million viewers each week, I don't think it's going anywhere.
          Last edited by Dannyblue1; 10-26-2007, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkyBoy14
            Next week, not only will it possibly be up against baseball, but also an hour episode of My Name Is Earl.

The CW had better do a good job of promoting the fact that Helen Slater is guest starring and that two mythos characters will be on the show.
            As far as I'm concerned, if the World Series goes 7 games, which I don't think it will, they can promote the episode as Clark becoming Superman and it still won't matter. The World Series will steal ratings from Smallville once again.

Comment

I was expecting at least very close to 5mil .. hopefully the final ratings will be better ... damn bad promoting.

Comment

final rating is in:

SMALLVILLE 4.648 million

Comment

SMALLVILLE - 4.65 million, 2.9/5 HH, 1.9/5 A18-49, 2.2/6 A18-34

Season 7 Week to Week

Bizarro............5.18 million*
                  Kara................4.59 million*
                  Fierce..............4.82 million*
                  Cure................5.18 million*
                  Action..............4.65 million*

* - Final Rating

Season Average - 4.88 million

Comment

"Action" Live+SD Final Numbers:

Smallville
                    - 2.9/5 HH
                    - 1.9/5 A18-49
                    - 4,648 Viewers (000s)
                    - 2.2/6 A18-34
                    - 1.9/5 A25-54

Supernatural
                    - 1.9/3
                    - 1.3/3
                    - 1.3/3
                    - 1.3/3

Edit: Oops. Didn't see those.
                    Last edited by ClarkyBoy14; 10-26-2007, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FiReFTW
                      I was expecting at least very close to 5mil .. hopefully the final ratings will be better ... damn bad promoting.
                      The two lowest rated shows this year, have gone up against baseball games

"Kara" - Yankees/Indians

"Action"- World Series

that has been the difference in viewers

"Cure" went up against baseball too, but that game was over early.
                      Last edited by joesmallville; 10-26-2007, 04:08 PM.

Comment

From K-Site News:
                        The show won the 8PM hour and ranked #2 for the evening overall, behind only the World Series, in the Teens and Male Teens demographics. In fact, it was Smallville's best performance in the Male Teens demographic since February 2006 (which we would assume was for the "Cyborg" episode).
                        What ticks me off is that Craig can post about this, but I haven't seen one pr bragging about SV's performance this season (except the DVR one). Yet the CW has managed to release one

every single week for ANTM and GG.

Comment

ten minutes into the epi, I tuned into the Series.......GO Colorado (love the underdog)
                          can't anybody object to the misleading direction, a named epi can take ? this one, should have been called, REGRESSION.LOL

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkyBoy14
                            What ticks me off is that Craig can post about this, but I haven't seen one pr bragging about SV's performance this season (except the DVR one). Yet the CW has managed to release one every single week for ANTM and GG.
                            I don't think the CW has exactly hidden the fact that they are all about the new shows. I think they are also all about the shows that came over from UPN. And, forgive me, but I think the fact that the head of the CW was once the head of UPN means there's a good chance there's going to be a bias towards UPN shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Best Episode - 321
                              SMALLVILLE - 4.65 million, 2.9/5 HH, 1.9/5 A18-49, 2.2/6 A18-34

Season 7 Week to Week

Bizarro............5.18 million*
                              Kara................4.59 million*
                              Fierce..............4.82 million*
                              Cure................5.18 million*
                              Action..............4.65 million*

* - Final Rating

Season Average - 4.88 million
                              A little disappointed since the episode was pretty great...

Comment

4.65 million, that's not too bad. S6 epi 5 "Reunion" got 4.79. If the CW would have better promos I think Smallville could pick up some new viewers.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎