No announcement yet.

This season

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This season

I have watched Heroes from the beginning and have liked it since. But so far this year I have seen things happen and I think to myself 'who cares?". Now I really like the characters and the show but it seems like so far there has been no single thing behind this season. You have Claire's story, Hiro's, Peter's, Sylars with the brother and sister, Nathan and his mom, Matt, Molly, and Mohinder. Now that is a lot of people and I forgot to add Nicky and Micah plus the family. There is no one single idea behind the show like last year. Its a bunch of loose stories (some not that good) put together and called a show. I'm a fan and I will keep watching but this season's slogan should be Save the Viewer, Tell a Story.

I would agree with you for the first 3 episode of the season. But I think this week's episode is finally back to the level of last year.

In fact if you think back to last year, when the series first started, it took a couple of episodes for very independent stories to start converging to one purpose. So I don't think that is the issue, because you know they will start tieing them together.

My problem with the first 3 episodes is that they tried to do too much. The result is every fragment seemed unimportant.

This week they side lined Hiro and Peter's stories. And the show suddenly have focus. Because first, they are starting to tie things together, but also they can spend more time on one story.

I am not a big fan of Hiro's season 2 arc, but I want to know what happened to Peter. However, the fact that Peter isn't in this episode doesn't bother me.

If only they could have done that from the start. Get the Claire/West/HRG arc, Mohinder/Parkman/Molly arc and Nathan/Mrs. Petrelli arc cleared up in the first 3 episodes. Then tell Syler/Maya arc, Hiro and Peter's story later, it'd be a lot more engaging.
    Last edited by hansioux; 10-16-2007, 11:45 AM.

Comment

I think it is heading toward "Find the people in the photograph, save your ass".

The reveals from the photo are going to be a large key to this season, as the series withing the series during the break will be about that and introducing new characters.

Comment

I guess my problem is with all the stories right now the show seems like lost. Adding more questions then answers and loosing peoples attention. I like Sylar but he's kinda boring without powers. And as much as I like Kristin Bell throwing her in the mix is adding more questions then answers. All along I havent trusted west but thats something else completly. Like I said I love the show but even Micha's cousin has a power. Where does it stop?

Comment

Re: This season

Originally posted by realck
          There is no one single idea behind the show like last year. Its a bunch of loose stories (some not that good) put together and called a show.
          Hehe, I bet that's what they want us to think for now....

Do you really think Sylar meeting the twins was a co-incidence???
          Who is West?

I am sure it will all come togethr in the end. I am certain, actually.

Comment

Re: Re: This season

Originally posted by InLove_with_Chloe
            Who is West?
            Claire's boyfriend.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: This season

Originally posted by Supernatural Hero
              Claire's boyfriend.

I know, I know......the question was rhetorical. We will find out who he really is and what his true motives are, this season.
              That's what I meant.

Comment

I tend to agree that this season is kind of lingering around the point it will eventually make...

Last year, the whole point of the early episodes was 'discovery' or 'genesis' or 'coming to grips with change'...as we discovered the show, the characters discovered themselves and the new world they were awakening to.

This year...well, we already know them. They should already know themselves. So where is it all going and where has it all been the last four months (yes the flashback ep. is coming)?

I just feel that they are picking the characters up and intentionally putting them in the exact opposite situations they were in last season, JUST to have some exposition/conflict/dynamics...and they've spent WAY too much time driving that down our throats.

Look HRG, we GET that you love Claire, and you would do ANYTHING to protect her. No need to say it 5000 times in two episodes.

West, we understand you are DIFFERENT, and you wanna meet someone that is the SAME...okay, we get it. Put the book down.

Those are just two of the examples I think the show is wasting some time on...once its established, either shake it up or move on like they did last year.

Comment

yeah your right there is really no evil or nothing to fight or anything last season we had the bomb and sylar now its a guy who makes you draw f signs... im starting to think if peter does get his memory back wth is he going to do when he gets back go get drunk with nathan there is really no main plot now everyone is just out of order like wth is hiro doing back in the past that has nothing to do with anything and why does nikki want to get rid of her normal powers seriously who the hell would want to get rid of super strength she's always talking about protecting micah how the hell are you going to protect him if your weak i think having super strength for a mom is awesome i think that claire and parkman have the best storyline so far oh and dont get me started about the twins hopefully next episode they do something else than run

Comment

Now that the Wonder Twins have met up with Sylar, I don't mind that storyline.
                    The Peter story needs to pick up some steam or it will get old fast.
                    I am at the point that I want Hiro to get back to the future.
                    I am still on the sidelines over the Claire/West/HRG storyline, I am thinking HRG might bring West into the fold and use him to help find people he is looking for or at least keep them under surveillance (the whole "Robots never look up" thing from the Graphic Novels).

Comment

Anyone else miss Isaac Mendes?
                      I didn't like him at first, but his paintings were holding the storylines together last year, IMO. They shouldn't have dis-continued him, IMO.

Comment

I really liked Isaac too. I miss him.

Comment

Poor Isaac had the most useless ability in terms of offensive/defensive potential in a physical confrontation...he didn't stand a chance against Sylar...

ISAAC: Don't come any closer! Or I'll --

SYLAR: Or you'll what, paint me a picture?

Comment

isaac might be dead but his paintings are still there. remember the series of 8 paintings? and im sure there are more.

Comment

They should find out Sylar painted some of those. That would be funny. Sylar spent some time in Isaac's loft if you recall.

In retrospect, Isaac's power did give him the ability to see what was coming, so some defensive potential there. However he accepted his death at the hands of Sylar as fate, and that did him in. Wimp.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎