No announcement yet.

What is up with the Cockroaches?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is up with the Cockroaches?

Is Sylar connected to cockroaches or something?

Do you remember in the very first episode of season 1, mohinder was talking about cockroaches being practically indestructable, something else about god being a cockroach... blah blah

Comment

Yeah - they have related Sylar to cochroaches in that they can survive anything and are the top of the genetic food chain. If you watch the commentary for the season 1 finale, they talk about the cochroach and the significance of it. Basically what ^^ said too though

Comment

Oh okay thanks. I'll pull out my dvd and check that out.

Comment

Not to mention they are repulsive

Comment

So are the writers just trying to make a point figuratively about Sylar's powers/genetics, or genetics in general when they show a cockroach? Or is Sylar's power or lack thereof directly connected to cockroaches

Comment

I think I posted somewhere else that I think cockroaches are just a symbol......remember, they are very hard to kill, like after a nuclear winter. I guess they symbolize how difficult it is to kill/fight Sylar, or something..... Plus, they're gross. Which kinda fits as well, considering his eating habits.

Comment

Remember when HRG had Sylar in their little prison? There was a cockroach next to him as he lay there dying. But then he killed Eden, took her power, and had his powers back agian. The cockroach is a symbol- Sylar will kill and/or he will regain his powers.

Comment

Maybe it's supposed to symbolize that Sylar is a tough mofo and can't easily be killed?

Comment

That's what I would think yes. Evolutionarily, he's a human cockroach. He will always prevail.
                    Muahahahaha.....

Comment

Originally posted by InLove_with_Chloe
                      That's what I would think yes. Evolutionarily, he's a human cockroach. He will always prevail.
                      Muahahahaha.....
                      Does that mean Sylar is the zenith of evolution for heroes? Isn't that the thing with cockroaches, they haven't changed for thousands of years? Or is that supposed to be the shark? Help me out, Matty!

Comment

Originally posted by ShelbyKent
                        Does that mean Sylar is the zenith of evolution for heroes? Isn't that the thing with cockroaches, they haven't changed for thousands of years? Or is that supposed to be the shark? Help me out, Matty!
                        Hmmmmm, technically he's the opposite, right? He changes a lot, that's what makes him different.
                        But I guess it's clear that Sylar and Peter are the most 'advanced' of the heroes, right? Cause they both collect powers, however in a very different way. Dramatically speaking (let's leave Biology out of this, for a second....... ), this show is therefore a duel between Sylar and Peter, IMO (as well as all of their respective friends/allies).
                        Kind of a Ying/Yang situation.

Comment

Originally posted by spicyblark
                          Remember when HRG had Sylar in their little prison? There was a cockroach next to him as he lay there dying. But then he killed Eden, took her power, and had his powers back agian. The cockroach is a symbol- Sylar will kill and/or he will regain his powers.

Sylar never took Eden's power, she blew her head before he could!

Comment

Originally posted by Portdechar
                            Sylar never took Eden's power, she blew her head before he could!
                            That's true.....I also always forget that.

Comment

I'm starting to get ticked off about the cockroaches like I'm getting ticked about the symbol.

If the Powers have revealed anywhere how these things relate or what they mean, please post it so I can know

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎