Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of The Kindness of Strangers"?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found Parkman's use of Molly quite disturbing.
    Parkman is someone that tends to take shortcuts instead of 'working for it" and even with his powers, he doesn't seem to have tested their limits or at least try to see if he can do anythign else other than read "casual thoughts".

In short, Tubby the wonder dog is getting on my gluteus maximus !

Comment

Love it.I gave it a 9....It was great episode.Alot of things got explained.I think Noah & Claire are in danger.West can not be trusted.Sylar with twins,it is going to be very interesting.The nightmare guy turned out to be Matt's father?What do think is going on with Nathan?Did he get Nikki-Jessica's power?He's an absorber like his brother now.I guess the explosion must have transfered their powers.

Comment

Well....at least things are getting thrown into motion. I'm getting pretty excited.

The Good
        ~Matt and Nathan team. That whole scene where the put some pieces together and reveal some things but the whole sense of mistrust was really great. (plus i feel like I get why matt left since the baby wasn't his...not necessarily the best reason...but better than abandoning his own family)
        ~Micah....I love that kid. Plus I was intrigued by that move he made with his cousin. It was a strange use/extension of his power to people. Reminded me just a touch of Sylar but without all the evil power-hungryness
        ~Sylar....reason 897 why you don't pick up hitchhikers :P I like having him interact with the twins (gives more progress than just weepy girl and overprotect boy for their storyline) Plus call me a romantic border-line fangirl shipper....but I want to put down some money early that there will be something with him and Maya. At best they could have him be a kind of anti-hero....and she just might bring out a good (ish :P) side of him
        ~Molly....man that girl has a set of lungs. Finding the bad mr. parkman (if anyone has a fun shorthand or generally better description for him please let me know) was maturity stronger than most I'd see (between her and micah these kids are insane)

The Bad
        ~Teenage romance....it's just....ew. I mean don't get me wrong...I totally see flying as a turn-on. I just don't like West at all. Not letting Clare fall was a nice move in my eyes and he gets brownie points for that. But I still don't trust him and still generally think he's a jerk. (Most def not worth lying to HRG about)

Final score....8/10

Comment

What four people voted 1? I gave it a ten, because even the things I didn't particularly like are very interesting aspects. And can certainly develop into completely unexpected but spectacular surprises. And even without Hiro and Peter, I can't complain. This is an ensemble show.

Comment

The best out of the 4 episodes. Would give 10, but due the lack of Peter gets 9

Comment

Originally posted by Supernatural Hero
              What four people voted 1? I gave it a ten, because even the things I didn't particularly like are very interesting aspects. And can certainly develop into completely unexpected but spectacular surprises. And even without Hiro and Peter, I can't complain. This is an ensemble show.
              There are some people that vote low because thier favorite series is not as good.

Comment

I gave it a 9, because it would have to be phenomenol to get a 10, and that only ever happens a few times on any show.

What I liked:
                Claire flying with West - beautiful.
                Parkman and Mohinder playing "My Two Dads" with Molly.
                Parkman finding out that his dad is Nightmare Man.
                The life and death twins. I think the girl's power of death is especially cool.
                Sylar being picked up by the twins.
                Nathan and his beard. Am I the only one that likes his beard? So sad he shaved it off. But yeah, I know, shaving the beard is symbolic in some way.
                Nathan and Parkman working together.
                Mica using his powers.
                Monica - her just getting up and doing the wrestling move on that punk was great. She was boring me at first but when I realised what her power was I was like "cool"
                No kensei storyline, which like alot of other fans, I can't stand. Such a pity Hiro is stuck with that.

What I didn't like:
                No Nikki, again.

General thoughts? - God, I love this show!!!
                Last edited by redboots; 10-19-2007, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by redboots
                  I gave it a 9, because it would have to be phenomenol to get a 10, and that only ever happens a few times on any show.

What I liked:
                  Claire flying with West - beautiful.
                  Parkman and Mohinder playing "My Two Dads" with Molly.
                  Parkman finding out that his dad is Nightmare Man.
                  The life and death twins. I think the girl's power of death is especially cool.
                  Sylar being picked up by the twins.
                  Nathan and his beard. Am I the only one that likes his beard? So sad he shaved it off. But yeah, I know, shaving the beard is symbolic in some way.
                  Nathan and Parkman working together.
                  Mica using his powers.
                  Monica - her just getting up and doing the wrestling move on that punk was great. She was boring me at first but when I realised what her power was I was like "cool"
                  No kensei storyline, which like alot of other fans, I can't stand. Such a pity Hiro is stuck with that.

What I didn't like:
                  No Nikki, again.

General thoughts? - God, I love this show!!!
                  Ahh great minds think a like? All though I didn't like Nathan's beard one way or another.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎