No announcement yet.

Why is everyone dumb on smallville?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is everyone dumb on smallville?

They blank out alot of the obvious things in this show, but what i dont like is how they make lex, who is a smart guy, seem stupid. he's looking into kara being the one who saved him at the dam and quickly draws up the fact that she isclarks cousin. lex should know by now the two really truely are aliens considering the fact that Clark doesnt have a record of ever being born and Kara doesnt even have a birth certificate to get a job, much less a social security number so she too doesnt have a record of ever being born. based off of this wouldnt you be ready to haul some alien but to a lab with meteor rock in hand to experiment? i mean jeez. the only other person to know clark wasnt a real human was Jason teague. he said it himself that clark kent didnt have a record of ever being born and the more he dug into things the more he saw clark wasnt normal. shouldnt lex have seen things the same way i mean i know whenever he gets close Clark seems normal but when he isnt looking he hears or catches a glimpse of clark doing something remarkable.
    Last edited by Theshadow129x; 10-15-2007, 08:37 AM.

I agree. Every time Lex gets close to figuring it out, Clark cuts his hand and bleeds or something, and Lex gives up. Then he starts over two episodes later.

You're right about Kara not having a social security number. I doubt Lex would hire her without one..

Comment

I guess lex is going to find the truth very soon thx to kara...

Comment

Lol! Martha Kent is a senator now. She prolly pulled some strings and got Kara a social. Hell, she probably has a golden parachute now, too.

Comment

Because it's fiction and not a documentary.

Personally, I'd rather spend my time each week watching fights, super powers, and dramatic scenes than watch Kara stand in line for 40 minutes at the DMV to get her fake driver's license. Most of the detail stuff like that can be assumed to happen off camera.

Comment

Originally posted by JudasAce
            Because it's fiction and not a documentary.

Personally, I'd rather spend my time each week watching fights, super powers, and dramatic scenes than watch Kara stand in line for 40 minutes at the DMV to get her fake driver's license. Most of the detail stuff like that can be assumed to happen off camera.

I agree.It's only a sci-fi not a biography.Golly,people have alot the time on their hand to analyse a tv-show.Don't take everything that you see on this show so seriously.Lex can't EVER find out,can you understand that?If this happens,the superman's story will never happen.

Comment

If everyone had common sense, Clark would have died early in Season 1 due to Kryptonite exposure, . But since everyone doesn't know why Clark lies sprawled on the floor weaker than a baby when there are glowing green rocks next to him, the show goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by MR F
                If everyone had common sense, Clark would have died early in Season 1 due to Kryptonite exposure,
                best. season. finale. EVER!!

Comment

I don't agree with that. First of all, just because someone doesn't have a social security card or birth certificate doesn't mean they're from another planet. Nobody that I know will assume anyone is from another planet. Infected by kryptonite, ok sure. But, from another planet all together-no way!

Comment

Stupidity on SV, ey? Maybe the writers/producers have created these characters based on themselves.

Comment

Since "Nemesis" Lex was sure that Clark is normal! But I agree with the fact that everytime Lex is getting closer to Clark's secret, something happened that Lex is confiused that's true or not true.
                      (like in S1: Leech,S5: Mortal or S6: Nemesis)
                      But I also agree with that Lex canot find out the whole truth about Clark because that would not be the Superman - Story which we know when Lex will know everything about Clark.

Comment

It’s funny how 50 years ago, this wasn’t an issue, and people just believed in the story, but I specifically remember, a few years ago, joking about Clark as a literal “illegal alien”. However, Smallville’s Clark does at least have adoption papers, and probably therefore, all the legal stuff that goes with it (including SS #).

It’s Kara that is currently without legal documents. Though if she marries Jimmy in the Smallville universe, that will take care of that problem.

Comment

Correction not everyone on Smallville is dumb, it's the creators and writers of the show. How can Lex not put 2 and 2 together to realize Clark is an alien after he knows his cousin saved him. You would figure the longer Clark interacts with Lex and even Lios the harder it would be to conceal he will be superman. I guess if you disappear for 12 years and come back with glasses and act really geeky everyone will forget. Oh well guess we have to wait and see how they tie up these loose ends.

Comment

Re: Why is everyone dumb on smallville?

Originally posted by marka58091
                            Correction not everyone on Smallville is dumb, it's the creators and writers of the show. How can Lex not put 2 and 2 together to realize Clark is an alien after he knows his cousin saved him. You would figure the longer Clark interacts with Lex and even Lios the harder it would be to conceal he will be superman. I guess if you disappear for 12 years and come back with glasses and act really geeky everyone will forget. Oh well guess we have to wait and see how they tie up these loose ends.
                            Who know may be he would have to give a memory swipped kiss to each of them...Lois,Chloé and look out Lex,you're next

Comment

Well I guess it's all due to the side effects of being knocked unconsious time after time.

Common sense must be the first thing to go, followed by being able to observe the obvious.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎