No announcement yet.

TOP 16 laughably bad moments in "Fierce"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

bwah.
    you just made me realize how truly crappy this episode was.

Never thought that i would say this, but Smallville should take after Days of our lives, where a conflict or ones actions takes a million episodes to resolve.
    I'd much rather have that, than those big holes of air SV-episodes always leave behind.
    Last edited by velocity; 10-15-2007, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by velocity
      bwah.
      you just made me realize how truly crappy this episode was.

Never thought that i would say this, but Smallville should take after Days of our lives, where a conflict or ones action takes a million episodes to resolve.
      I'd much rather have that, than those big holes of air SV-episodes always leave behind.
      It's a problem any supernatural-themed show is going to have to face from time to time. As unfortunate as it is, I think that of all the supernaturally themed shows I've seen, SV might do the worst job of it.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: TOP *17* laughably bad moments in "Fierce"

Originally posted by houseofkel
        Litew8, that is brilliant! Yes, a clone -- How redeeming would that be! So if she does end up being a clone, I guess we could refer to the current relationship as "Clona".
        houseofkel, not sure if you've read my theory or not - but if you haven't and you like the idea of her being a super-clone - you'll love my theory. Read all of the posts though. If you'd be so nice, post a comment to bump it back up top. We need to keep the clone conspiracy alive people!!

Read My Theory (Warning! Possible Spoiler!)

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: TOP *17* laughably bad moments in "Fierce"

Originally posted by litew8
          houseofkel, not sure if you've read my theory or not - but if you haven't and you like the idea of her being a super-clone - you'll love my theory. Read all of the posts though. If you'd be so nice, post a comment to bump it back up top. We need to keep the clone conspiracy alive people!!

Read My Theory (Warning! Possible Spoiler!)
          I didn't read your clone theory because of the spoiler alert (by the way, THANK YOU for that!). I stay spoiler free. Even the concept of Lana being a clone doesn't really belong on this part of the forum, since it's a speculation. Since it's already been brought up though, I'll give you my only problem with the general idea of her being the Lana clone.

It would be SO similar to the infamous clone story-arc from L&C. That storyline is so hated, and marked as the point when the show officially jumped the shark, that I can't imagine even the SV plagiarist PTB Al and Miles ripping it off.

As I understand, KK has signed on for a whole season of episodes, meaning at some point the clone would go bye bye and the real Lana would return. I'd have incredible, new-found respect for the writers if they kept the clone, switching it up so that the real Lana really did die in the explosion. That would be a fascinating turn of events, and really would pump new drama into Lana's relationships. I rather doubt that's the case though, and if the Clona (lol at the term btw, houseofkel) issue proves true, I suspect the real Lana would be returning at some point within the next several episodes.

Comment

Re: TOP *17* laughably bad moments in "Fierce"

1. Kara complains about the farm and living with Beauty and the Geek... What is she, Lois #2?! Also, she’s Ms. culturally literate after her first few days on the planet?

4. Clark barely surprised when a dead Lana shows up, who is just back to her sweet, innocent persona again... Did they think the sappy background music would make the scene emotionally compelling and dramatic? I suppose it was emotional -- if you count shaking your head and rolling your eyes and feelings of dread at the thought of another serving of Clana on the menu.

5. Clark’s buying into the idea that he needed Lana’s protection from Lionel, so that he shouldn’t have to put himself in “danger” to save her... Isn’t that what superheros are supposed to like doing? Isn’t that sort of their trademark characteristic? Why not just have Clark say, “Thank you Lana for faking your own death and leaving everyone shocked and grief-stricken. I’m sure glad I didn’t have to put myself in harm’s way!” Or how about, “Lana, what I really need is your protection from this terrible scripting.”

6. Lana’s being totally unphased and making jokes when Kara superspeeds... Great, now that we’ve reached total closure with the fact that Lana knows Clark’s powers (not!), Lana can just be Ms. nonchalant over any superhuman displays.

7. Kara’s line: “I was wasting the best years of my life”... First of all, she didn’t age -- she was in suspended animation! Second, all the sudden she’s longing for all these teenage Earth rituals like cheerleading and drive-in movies that she missed out on?

8. The watermelon scene... Just totally fell flat. Where's the charm/humor of the episode where Jonathan helped Clark control his heat vision? Then Clark goes off on an immature yelling fit. I wanted to slap the guy -- Get a hold of yourself, Clark!

10. Clark just talking casually to a recently-non-dead Lana in the kitchen over some fresh lemonade like everything’s normal... (BTW, did Martha come back to slice those lemon circles into the pitcher?) And Lana acting like Clark’s wise and sensitive family therapist no less... Oh, then top it off with a couple of throw-away lines and sweet smiles about Lana being ok with Clark’s powers. Great, now that that's resolved... after 6 years.

14. The fight scene... The rock tornado knocking Clark over looked like watching a bowling pin fall over. Then the terrible lines that were supposed to be dramatic/climactic: “You’re not as tough as you talk...” “But *I* am.” Do they know that this writing sounds like a parody of a B-movie?

15. Loose ends: The fact that Kara broke out of jail... whatever. Explaining the bent bars... oh, just an Uri Geller trick. What happened to the weathergirls... oh, just lying there in the parking lot. No evidence on them other than testimony of the jail-breaker and her cousin. Ok -- let’s cut to the barn scene!

17. Clark and Lana walking casually through the Harvest festival... What about all the shouts of, “Look, there’s that dead chick whose funeral we just went to!” And how about Chloe finding out that Lana’s still alive?! I know, maybe next episode will open with Clark and Lana turning the corner at the festival and running into... Chloe and Whitney. And everyone can just give a quick smile of surprise that everyone’s really alive, hug each other and go play some ring toss...

“Somebody save me!”
            I agree with all of those. My personal favorite, one that I hated most, is when Lana sais "Krypton". I kind of didn't like to hear that out of her mouth. Like "Krypton" was a sacred word only a few people had the privilege of using, Clark, Martha, Jonathan, Pete, Chloe, Lionel, MM and Dr. Swan. Lana saying it, sort of puts a stain on it. I don't know why. I just feel that way.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: TOP *17* laughably bad moments in "Fierce"

Originally posted by litew8
              houseofkel, not sure if you've read my theory or not - but if you haven't and you like the idea of her being a super-clone - you'll love my theory.
              Wow, I wasn't expecting such a detailed theory! Clona or no Clona, hats off to your creativity, Litew8...

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
              And then there's the fact that I'm a gazillionaire and I can't keep teenagers from wandering around my house!!
              *ahem*
              But I digress.
              Very funny letter, by the way!

Comment

But if you *were* a gazillionaire, wouldn't you WANT teenagers wandering around your house, especially if they looked like the women of SV?

Comment

Re: Re: TOP *17* laughably bad moments in "Fierce"

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
                  Dear Citizens of Smallville,
                  We all know by now we live in a very special town. A guy who can freeze people with his touch, a girl who can control bees, another guy who can make his own evil twin, etc. etc. Not to mention the fact that, despite the fact that they are constantly carping about how they are barely scraping by and asking for a loan extention, the Kents manage to buy a shiny new truck everytime one of their explodes, gets run off the road or Clark sneezes. And don't even get me started on how people tend to just 'disappear' around here? Has anyone seen Henry Small in a while?
                  And then there's the fact that I'm a gazillionaire and I can't keep teenagers from wandering around my house!!
                  *ahem*
                  But I digress.
                  So we all know that this is a strange place to live and we've accepted that. Stay away from the green rocks, pretend that Clark Kent suffers from chronic 'adrenaline rush' and that the mortality rate in this town is triple the national average.
                  That's why I know that when you all see the former Mrs. Lana Luthor around town you won't blink an eye at her having returned from the dead shortly after I was cleared of having killed her.
                  That and the $100 bill found in everyone's mailbox tomorrow should take of it.
                  Sincerely,
                  Lex Luthor

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: TOP *17* laughably bad moments in "Fierce"

Originally posted by TampaVille
                    I didn't read your clone theory because of the spoiler alert (by the way, THANK YOU for that!). I stay spoiler free. Even the concept of Lana being a clone doesn't really belong on this part of the forum, since it's a speculation. Since it's already been brought up though, I'll give you my only problem with the general idea of her being the Lana clone.

It would be SO similar to the infamous clone story-arc from L&C. That storyline is so hated, and marked as the point when the show officially jumped the shark, that I can't imagine even the SV plagiarist PTB Al and Miles ripping it off.

As I understand, KK has signed on for a whole season of episodes, meaning at some point the clone would go bye bye and the real Lana would return. I'd have incredible, new-found respect for the writers if they kept the clone, switching it up so that the real Lana really did die in the explosion. That would be a fascinating turn of events, and really would pump new drama into Lana's relationships. I rather doubt that's the case though, and if the Clona (lol at the term btw, houseofkel) issue proves true, I suspect the real Lana would be returning at some point within the next several episodes.
                    You are welcome TampaVille! My theory is essentially (if true) one GIGANTIC SPOILER. There's only a little bit that I actually added to it myself. I never saw the L&C clone episodes, but I can ASSURE you that my theory is FAR FROM a Lois and Clark remake! Your last paragraph (above) is very close to my theory. Believe it or not, I'm actually the one to coin the term "Clona" (as far as I know) - my theory has copyrights! haha - But if houseofkel thought it up on his own - great thinking!

Wow, I wasn't expecting such a detailed theory! Clona or no Clona, hats off to your creativity, Litew8...
                    Thanks for the kind regards houseofkel! Glad you liked the read. Reserving the right to be wrong - I hope they crack open a can of whoop a$$ in the next few episodes. The Ace up Lex's sleeve!
                    Last edited by litew8; 10-16-2007, 09:26 AM.

Comment

About Lana being we don't even know if the public knew if she was dead or if they had a funeral. The only people who knew she was dead was Chloe, Lionel, Clark, the police and that's about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Heroes4Hire
                        About Lana being we don't even know if the public knew if she was dead or if they had a funeral. The only people who knew she was dead was Chloe, Lionel, Clark, the police and that's about it.
                        Lex Luthor, a rich and famous (more like infamous...) businessman, was accused of having murdered his own wife. He was in jail for a bit before being aquitted. Something like that is bound to be headline news. There's no way in the entire universe that people didn't know about that.

Comment

I really did not like the scene with Clark and Lana at the festival. I was expecting at least one person to point out the fact that Lana is back from the dead. I'm sure as hell being married to a local billionaire would give you some kind of notoriety.

Holly Harold just needs to stop writing for Smallville.

Comment

I'm not a Holly Harold fan either, but I wasn't overly bothered by some stuff stated, I just didn't like the way the story was told.

My personal pet peeve in this ep is having Clark just stand there and watching this tornado coming at him, that was just ridiculous. Hell, he could have and should have superspeeded, grabbed the medallion and ran off and left the girls empty handed. That bit of writing was atrocious.

Comment

All CLANA moments! ewwwg!, I just watched few scenes of Smallville, what a nightmare tah she´s back , I was really sick of the clana and this episode already broke a record of the chala awful loft scenes for me. , Go away lana fool!

Comment

Originally posted by rtm321
                                Hilarious, Welling_is_pretty. You should post that letter in the fanfic section.
                                thanks rtm321,limi, houseofkel, amberdawn and Ania! Glad you guys thought it was funny.
                                I never thought about posting the letter on the fanfic page. Hmmm.

And yeah, I forgot about how Clark just stands there and sees the Kryptonite coming at him and doesn't, you know, use his friggin' super speed to get out of the way! Sheesh. Hello, he wasn't under the effects of GreenK yet, he could have done it. Gah.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎