TOP 16 laughably bad moments in "Fierce"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: TOP *17* laughably bad moments in "Fierce"

Originally posted by litew8
    Lana better turn out to be an evil-spuper-clone-cyborg, or I'm not going to purchase the entire series on DVD when all is said and done. Do the producers really want to mess with me and my purchasing power! I don't think so! BRING ON THE CLONE ALREADY!
    Litew8, that is brilliant! Yes, a clone -- How redeeming would that be!

IMO, Lana was a MUCH more interesting character when she had more of an edge to her. To have the old, doe-eyed, cloying Lana back is frankly hard to stomach.

So if she does end up being a clone, I guess we could refer to the current relationship as "Clona".
    Last edited by houseofkel; 10-14-2007, 02:38 PM.

Comment

What I thought was laughable is after seven long seasons Clark hadn’t figured out you can blast the green–k away without turning it black. It only took Kara just three episodes to deduce this leap of logic.

Comment

Very funny, Houseofkel. I look forward to your nitpicks of future eps. This one was so full of major plot defects, that minor continuity errors were almost superfluous. Such as: The lemonade pitcher kept rotating. Lana reached over to it and pulled it towards her, turning the handle from Clark's to her direction as she did it. Then later in the conversation, she did it again.

Comment

A disaster of an episode, period.

Comment

Re: TOP *17* laughably bad moments in "Fierce"

Originally posted by houseofkel

17. Clark and Lana walking casually through the Harvest festival... What about all the shouts of, “Look, there’s that dead chick whose funeral we just went to!” And how about Chloe finding out that Lana’s still alive?! I know, maybe next episode will open with Clark and Lana turning the corner at the festival and running into... Chloe and Whitney. And everyone can just give a quick smile of surprise that everyone’s really alive, hug each other and go play some ring toss...
            This was the most stupid thing on earth... maybe this festival was very expensive so they say hey! lets use it everytime!..

ooor Lana is not that popular.. that's sad...

Comment

7. Kara’s line: “I was wasting the best years of my life”... First of all, she didn’t age -- she was in suspended animation! Second, all the sudden she’s longing for all these teenage Earth rituals like cheerleading and drive-in movies that she missed out on?

Yeah, this line made no sense. She didn't age at all so she lost no years. And all her family died shortly after she left so she didn't lose years with anyone. Dumb comment.

Comment

Re: TOP *17* laughably bad moments in "Fierce"

Originally posted by houseofkel
                And they saved the best for last...

17. Clark and Lana walking casually through the Harvest festival... What about all the shouts of, “Look, there’s that dead chick whose funeral we just went to!” And how about Chloe finding out that Lana’s still alive?! I know, maybe next episode will open with Clark and Lana turning the corner at the festival and running into... Chloe and Whitney. And everyone can just give a quick smile of surprise that everyone’s really alive, hug each other and go play some ring toss...
                Yeah, I wondered about this too. I know Lex said he would fix everything so that Lana cold come back to Smallville but shouldn't some of them hav ebeen reacting. Here's my take on what happened. In the late edition of the Smallville Ledger there appeared a letter--

Dear Citizens of Smallville,
                We all know by now we live in a very special town. A guy who can freeze people with his touch, a girl who can control bees, another guy who can make his own evil twin, etc. etc. Not to mention the fact that, despite the fact that they are constantly carping about how they are barely scraping by and asking for a loan extention, the Kents manage to buy a shiny new truck everytime one of their explodes, gets run off the road or Clark sneezes. And don't even get me started on how people tend to just 'disappear' around here? Has anyone seen Henry Small in a while?
                And then there's the fact that I'm a gazillionaire and I can't keep teenagers from wandering around my house!!
                *ahem*
                But I digress.
                So we all know that this is a strange place to live and we've accepted that. Stay away from the green rocks, pretend that Clark Kent suffers from chronic 'adrenaline rush' and that the mortality rate in this town is triple the national average.
                That's why I know that when you all see the former Mrs. Lana Luthor around town you won't blink an eye at her having returned from the dead shortly after I was cleared of having killed her.
                That and the $100 bill found in everyone's mailbox tomorrow should take of it.
                Sincerely,
                Lex Luthor

Comment

Hilarious, Welling_is_pretty. You should post that letter in the fanfic section.

Comment

The first hour was a joke. Hope the next episode is good.

Comment

Weak episode....

For all the times Clark wanted to use his powers, and had to be talked out of it, he sure seemed to be on the high and mighty with Kara. She should fly off and not tell him where she moves to.

Lana "Chloe can't know I am alive...." Because Chloe is so rotten at keeping secrets. She wouldn't have any idea about things like faking her own death or some of the biggest cover-ups in history. I mean, having an alien for a best friend must make her untrustworthy or something....

Clark's fight with the weather girls...he watches the rock tornado spool up...he SEES the kryptonite. He does nothing. We're talking about someone with reflexes that would give him what amounts to WEEKS to decide what to do about the green K, and he decides to get clobbered.

Kara shows up and heat visions the green k away. Uhm, doesn't that create heatvision reflections that blind kryptonians until the scar tissue goes away....see previous SV episodes.

As for the other part, maybe she broke back INTO jail after setting hersef up to have her name cleared.

That Lex-Lana scene was....poorly written. I understand the need for a scene that covers that ground, but no REALLY BAD soap operas please. "I did it because I love you..." Was someone feeling nostalgic for Magnetic?

All that said, I think the Chloe-Kara-Jimmy triangle could turn out to be interesting. Unlike the whole Lex-Clark-Lana thing they have been trying to peddle. Jimmy's zeal for going after 'freaks' could put him in a bit of a spot with either of them, and could make for heartbreaking moments.

Speaking of heartbreaks....nah...that is another thread.

Oh, I forgot.....

"Lana, while you were pretending to be dead, I went to KILL Lex....Yeah, I was going to MURDER him for the crime you framed him for. If you knew I had these powers, you might have considered that before leaving me in the dark about the whole thing. I may be a super-powered alien, but I am only human sometimes, too."

If only Clark had saved some self-righteousness for Lana instead of wasting it on an undeserving Kara.

I imagine KK reading her lines and going "ugh....do I HAVE to say this?"
                      Last edited by v3rlon; 10-15-2007, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
                        Yeah, I wondered about this too. I know Lex said he would fix everything so that Lana cold come back to Smallville but shouldn't some of them hav ebeen reacting. Here's my take on what happened. In the late edition of the Smallville Ledger there appeared a letter--

We all know by now we live in a very special town. A guy who can freeze people with his touch, a girl who can control bees, another guy who can make his own evil twin, etc. etc. Not to mention the fact that, despite the fact that they are constantly carping about how they are barely scraping by and asking for a loan extention, the Kents manage to buy a shiny new truck everytime one of their explodes, gets run off the road or Clark sneezes. And don't even get me started on how people tend to just 'disappear' around here? Has anyone seen Henry Small in a while?
                        And then there's the fact that I'm a gazillionaire and I can't keep teenagers from wandering around my house!!
                        *ahem*
                        But I digress.
                        So we all know that this is a strange place to live and we've accepted that. Stay away from the green rocks, pretend that Clark Kent suffers from chronic 'adrenaline rush' and that the mortality rate in this town is triple the national average.
                        That's why I know that when you all see the former Mrs. Lana Luthor around town you won't blink an eye at her having returned from the dead shortly after I was cleared of having killed her.
                        Sincerely,
                        Lex Luthor

And, back on topic: I think you've all missed something...
                        7) Kara’s line: “I was wasting the best years of my life”.
                        We saw baby Kal-El being put into the spaceship, and by the time he got to the Kents, he was over 3 years old. Meaning, he got old during his journey to earth. I think it's possible Kara got older too, which explains that line. Of course, having that infinite lifespan she wouldn't look old, but she IS older.

Comment

Yeah the line about her wasting the years made perfect sense.

She aged not while she was on earth, but on the way to earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty

*ahem*
                            But I digress.
                            Sincerely,
                            Lex Luthor

Dude, this thread gets better and better

Comment

Originally posted by StrippedSmile
                              Just because Lana's name is cleared doesn't mean some people aren't going to go "Hey, weren't you dead?"

I found a majority of this episode stupid.

Maybe Lana is related to Snake Plissken!

Comment

Re: Re: Re: TOP *17* laughably bad moments in "Fierce"

Originally posted by limi
                                We saw baby Kal-El being put into the spaceship, and by the time he got to the Kents, he was over 3 years old. Meaning, he got old during his journey to earth. I think it's possible Kara got older too, which explains that line. Of course, having that infinite lifespan she wouldn't look old, but she IS older.
                                Originally posted by aXem
                                Yeah the line about her wasting the years made perfect sense.

She aged not while she was on earth, but on the way to earth.
                                I'll give you two credit for this much: you make something of a case for the line being merely poorly written and not totally unintelligible. The only problem is that you'd have to ignore the first part of the quote for your explanation to apply.

"While you were living the all-American dream, I was stuck in some cryogenic coffin, wasting the best years of my life."

While Clark was living the all-American dream, Kara was cryogenically stored at the bottom of the SV version of Alkali lake. I do suppose it's possible that what she meant was "because the cryogenic storing technology was imperfect, I was aging at a vastly reduced rate during all that time." However that's a BIG assumption to make without any indication of its truth from the show. If that is what the writers meant, they gave absolutely no evidence to suggest it.

Also, regarding Clark's having aged on the trip to Earth... that's a very good point. I'd be tempted to write it off as yet another in-show inconsistency (it was more convenient to show a baby being put in the ship, and to have a three year old walk out), but it does at least suggest that some aging goes on during the journey. That journey was across a sizable portion of the universe though, and we've again been given no indication of how long the ship took to get to Earth, which brings us back to the same problem I pointed out about a lack of details. If the writers intended us to come to any conclusion about the rate of aging during suspended animation, they gave us no way of reaching such a conclusion.

The line is such a cliche, and the writing in this episode was, on the whole, so terrible, I think it's really much more likely that when scribing this episode, they merely wrote down that line because it sprang to mind as something somebody in this type of situation might say, even though KARA would never say it because it makes no sense.

PS - To Ania and ScottM: My hat is off to the two of you though, for trying and doing an admirably fair job of reading some meaning into that line. I don't think a stronger case can be made than the one you came up with. I just don't see the evidence there to support it.
                                Last edited by TampaVille; 10-15-2007, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎