TOP 16 laughably bad moments in "Fierce"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TOP 16 laughably bad moments in "Fierce"

Originally posted by houseofkel

13. Lex’s line to Lana about taking his money to escape: “I’m not sure Clark would see it that way”... What, Clark would’ve told Lana “It’s not right to steal -- you really should have stayed with Lex”??? Am I missing something here?
    This line had me literally burst out laughing for several seconds.

On the whole, I think you raise good points all around. Some of them I'd be willing to brush under the rug, if they were the only issues this episode had. All together though, it was just too much. Like some other posters have commented, the whole episode just left me feeling very underwhelmed.

Comment

Lana was cutting the apples to make lemonade.....

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Jor-El
        Lana was cutting the apples to make lemonade.....
        And Clark would approve of Lana making lemonade out of apples!

Actually, she was cutting apples because then she would have a knife in her hand when Lex arrived.

Comment

You're just a hater? That's putting it all in 5 words

Comment

4. Clark barely surprised when a dead Lana shows up, who is just back to her sweet, innocent persona again... Did they think the sappy background music would make the scene emotionally compelling and dramatic? I suppose it was emotional -- if you count shaking your head and rolling your eyes count and feelings of dread at the thought of another serving of Clana on the menu.

That scene looks sooo dead to me...there's no vibe or any emotions at all...and that's prolly the worst Clana scene i've ever seen!!

Comment

The two things that made me laugh were:

1. The ice-girl tried way too hard with her "strut". She looked so damn goofy.

2. For buried treasure, it sure was buried deep, huh? A whole foot below the ground!

Comment

i should ask to write an episode of smallville. that way we wont have these mistakes

Comment

Originally posted by StrippedSmile
                  Just because Lana's name is cleared doesn't mean some people aren't going to go "Hey, weren't you dead?"

I found a majority of this episode stupid.
                  Agree. Lana's return was not only completely anticlimatic, but that last scene was ridiculous.

Comment

10. Clark just talking casually to a recently-non-dead Lana in the kitchen over some fresh lemonade like everything’s normal... (BTW, did Martha come back to slice those lemon circles into the pitcher?) And Lana acting like Clark’s wise and sensitive family therapist no less... Oh, then top it off with a couple of throw-away lines and sweet smiles about Lana being ok with Clark’s powers. Great, now that that's resolved... after 6 years

I even made a thread about Lana's magic knowledge (although it was quickly rationalized as a normal accepting process *rolleyes* by all of the posters)

I though that scene was fake. Did Lana magically learn how to cook, too? She was never in many scenes with the Kents unless you count awkward morning after scene and their lives being threatened.

Lana never discussed Clark's powers with the Kents- because she didn't know about them! After a few days of knowing about Clark, shes sussed out how the kents raised him?

How can anyone determine how someone raised someone else? I know, they're the Kents, he was sent to bed with warm apple pie and cookies- but look past the 'warm happy family' assumption to the fact that no one told Lana anything about how his parents raised him.

She 'just knew'.

It's like me assuming that Lana's Aunt Nell prized a man over her niece from one episode.

Comment

She already knew how they raised him. She knew them her whole life and lived next door. She just extrapolated from what she already knew.

Comment

Actually it all boils down to the fact that the storyline has gotten too complex, complete with many subplots, for the confines of a show filled with about 20 minutes of commercials. They just don't have time to explain everything and still get 22 (remember when shows lasted 39, like original Star trek?) shows in per season.

Suspension of disbelief has never been more appropriate.

Yeah, Chloe got Kara released from jail.

Yeah, Kryptonian Kara suddenly wants to be "Miss Sweet Corn" (does the kryptogirl even know what corn is???) just cuz she has instant hot eyes for JO (must be a Kent thing).

The evil freeze girls were picked up by Governor Schwartzenegger and spirited off to Gotham, but due to equal time laws we couldn't see the California politician on screen.

And the teasers *did* say the Lana that comes back isn't the one that left.....my God, she can cut apples and make lemonade (out of them)...wow!

Comment

Awesome list, it made me laugh! Great eye too.

Comment

Stupid cliff endings tie ups are just par for the course in Smallville's history.

Does anyone remember how all of Kal bad boy adventures in Metropolis were brushed under the carpet.

Lets see - Kal robbed a ATM machine and maybe a bank. He used the money to pay for his expense apartment, buy a car and then give this car to a bartender as a tip.

Then when he got off the red K fix, thanks to Jonathan, he explained to Ma & Pa Kent that he had cleared up everything in Metropolis. Where would a poor farm boy get all the money to pay back all the money he stole.

Also btw why did Pa Kent weaken his heart using superpowers to bring Clark back? Why not just use green K to disarm Clark, and then remove the red K ring like he did in "Red".

Comment

Actually it all boils down to the fact that the storyline has gotten too complex, complete with many subplots, for the confines of a show filled with about 20 minutes of commercials.
                              Maybe so -- but they made it work the first 2 episodes!

Suspension of disbelief has never been more appropriate.
                              What I'm finding it hard to suspend is my sense of what counts as compelling drama.

Comment

Re: TOP *17* laughably bad moments in "Fierce"

Originally posted by houseofkel
                                7. Kara’s line: “I was wasting the best years of my life”... First of all, she didn’t age -- she was in suspended animation! Second, all the sudden she’s longing for all these teenage Earth rituals like cheerleading and drive-in movies that she missed out on?

Yep, I picked up on this one too. I was like .... ? WHAT

8. The watermelon scene... Just totally fell flat. Where's the charm/humor of the episode where Jonathan helped Clark control his heat vision? Then Clark goes off on an immature yelling fit. I wanted to slap the guy -- Get a hold of yourself, Clark!

Yep, this one too. I thought for sure it was going to be something half way decent. Wrong.

10. Clark just talking casually to a recently-non-dead Lana in the kitchen over some fresh lemonade like everything’s normal... (BTW, did Martha come back to slice those lemon circles into the pitcher?) And Lana acting like Clark’s wise and sensitive family therapist no less... Oh, then top it off with a couple of throw-away lines and sweet smiles about Lana being ok with Clark’s powers. Great, now that that's resolved... after 6 years.

This was soo wrong. My eyes and ears began to hurt.

14. The fight scene... The rock tornado knocking Clark over looked like watching a bowling pin fall over. Then the terrible lines that were supposed to be dramatic/climactic: “You’re not as tough as you talk...” “But *I* am.” Do they know that this writing sounds like a parody of a B-movie?

Ha ha, I actually thought that was comical. The dirt just kind of kicked up and he fell over.

16. Jimmy’s line to Chloe: “When we first got together I thought that you were pretty prejudiced”... Weren’t you wondering where he was going with this? Is Chloe a closet racist??

I think they're setting it up so that it give Jimmy reason (enough) to start showing interest in Kara.

17. Clark and Lana walking casually through the Harvest festival... What about all the shouts of, “Look, there’s that dead chick whose funeral we just went to!” And how about Chloe finding out that Lana’s still alive?! I know, maybe next episode will open with Clark and Lana turning the corner at the festival and running into... Chloe and Whitney. And everyone can just give a quick smile of surprise that everyone’s really alive, hug each other and go play some ring toss...

Lana better turn out to be an evil-spuper-clone-cyborg, or I'm not going to purchase the entire series on DVD when all is said and done. Do the producers really want to mess with me and my purchasing power! I don't think so! BRING ON THE CLONE ALREADY!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎