Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An innocent man died in jail because of Lana.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: An innocent man died in jail because of Lana.

Originally posted by Minela
    A man, dying of cancer, has spent the last days of his life in a small prison cell, away from his family. He is dead now. Good job Lana Luthor.
    WOW shocker!?!?! Yet another unabashed Lana hating thread...who'd have thought...

For the record, anyone, despite the circumstances, is not " an innocent man" when he takes blood money for a crime that someone else commits....I'm not an attorney but it sounds alot like some type of fraud and definately obstruction of justice

Comment

Re: Re: An innocent man died in jail because of Lana.

Originally posted by JorEl23
      For the record, anyone, despite the circumstances, is not " an innocent man" when he takes blood money for a crime that someone else commits....I'm not an attorney but it sounds alot like some type of fraud and definately obstruction of justice
      In the real world, the police don't just accept confessions. They know that people who have no connection to a crime confess just to get attention, to have their 15 minutes of fame. Someone who walks in off the street and confesses would actually have to provide proof that he could have done it.

As far as whether they would prosecute someone for a false confession, it depends on why they did it. If it was someone clearly mentally ill, an attention seeker, probably not! In this case, they would certainly prosecute Lionel, but the confessor would probably be excused for his extenuating circumstances.

He didn't take money for a crime that someone else committed because no one committed a crime. Except Lana.

The crime was getting anyone sent to jail for a murder that never happened.
      Last edited by chantal; 10-17-2007, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chantal
        Everyone talks about Lana faking her "death." But she didn't just fake a death, she faked a murder. Clona could just as well have "died" from an accident. Lana meant for some innocent person to be accused of her death, and she had no control over who was arrested. Just because the husband is the most likely suspect doesn't mean he is the only suspect. After all, Lana had a jealous ex-boyfriend who kidnapped her from her rehearsal dinner (if I remember correctly).

When Lex, in China, first told her about the man, why didn't she say something like, "OMG, I never meant anyone but you to suffer from my plan!" When Lex, at the Kent farm, said the guy was dead, why didn't Lana say, "You knew I was alive, why didn't you get him out?" Why didn't she say something? Even if she blamed Lex or Lionel instead of herself she still should have been appalled that the guy was in jail. A good person who can do something to correct a wrong that she precipitated, does do something. A person who is indifferent to the collateral damage resulting from her actions is not a very good person.
        Not really related to the topic, but I don't think Lionel was involved with having that guy confess to her "murder", unless it was something planned by Lionel & Lana from ahead. Lionel had too many important things to do between the time he saw Lana "die" in the explosion to the time he was knocked out by Bizarro. He talked to Clark in the mansion telling him how he saw Lana die, then Clark left and Lionel had to grab kryptonite and rush after him. He literally had no time to set up someone else taking the heat for Lex. The next time we saw him, he was at the dam, using the kryptonite on Bizarro and getting KO'd. So unless it was premeditated, Lionel could not have been involved. And what makes me think it wasn't premeditated is that Lana did not trust him with the info inside the cigarette lighter in Noir and ran to that reporter. If she couldn't trust him, then there was no way she would let him in on her plan to escape Lex, making his involvement in any premeditated setup impossible. I hope they explain this and don't let it remain a plothole or inconsistency.

I think an interesting way to have made Lana escape Lex using this clone & to break up Clana at the same time, yet not make Lana look as bad by resorting to a story where a man with cancer had to die in jail was by making the evidence point towards Clark (with or without Lex manipulating the evidence). If Clark went to jail for Lana's crime and broken out as a fugitive, that would have made things very interesting. It would force Lana to come out of hiding & admit to her crime (since the one person she wouldn't want in jail is Clark), while making Clark realize how Lana is not for him and the consequences of her actions. Lex would also be satisfied at the turn of events since he would know Lana would never be with Clark again.

The thing is that if Lana were brilliant, all she would have to do is submit the clone's body to the FBI to have Lex put in prison. One of the crimes Lex provided evidence for when he was trying to get Lionel was regarding human cloning (not legal in the US). Between that, and all the stuff she could have pointed the FBI to like 33.1, the stuff he was doing at Reeves dam, and how Lex drugged her to make her think she was pregnant, Lex would have been doing a lot of time. And had she done this by giving Lois all the evidence, it would have been a way for her to keep Chloe out of Lex's radar while giving Lois a chance to be properly built up rather than getting the job handout she got from Grant in Kara.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: An innocent man died in jail because of Lana.

In the real world, the police don't just accept confessions. They know that people who have no connection to a crime confess just to get attention, to have their 15 minutes of fame. Someone who walks in off the street and confesses would actually have to provide proof that he could have done it.

As far as whether they would prosecute someone for a false confession, it depends on why they did it. If it was someone clearly mentally ill, an attention seeker, probably not! In this case, they would certainly prosecute Lionel, but the confessor would probably be excused for his extenuating circumstances.

He didn't take money for a crime that someone else committed because no one committed a crime. Except Lana.

The crime was getting anyone sent to jail for a murder that never happened.
          I can understand the first two paragraphs and their respective points...then it all kinda blurs for me (could it be the anti Clana overtone perhaps??)

What SPECIFIC crime did LANA actually commit in your mind?? (And I don't mean the subsequent crime when she stole 10MM from Lex either- THAT was actually a crime but quite frankly if she sued for alimony... I think she gave him a break ;D )

Was it stealing an illegal clone that was created without her permission to use HER DNA??

or

The crime of creating a harmless to anyone ( except this critical employee who CHOSE to incarcerate HIMSELF) ploy to get out of an emotionally, mentally, and finally physicallly abusive relationship which was entered into under false pretenses??

Lana is far from innocent (it was her own stupidity/naivity that put her in the position to begin with ) but surely you don't believe she is guilty of an actual crime???

Comment

Interesting point xrayvision. There really is no way that Lionel could have set all that up in the time between the explosion and the dam collapse. Unless he was in on Lana's... plan. If Lionel was in on it... that makes a lot of sense. He would have the connections to help her pull that off... then again, the whole reason he wanted to use Lana as a spy is because he didn't have access to Lex... whatever... *sigh*

Comment

^^Well, as I said, if he was in on Lana's plan, why would she bypass him and give that memory stick to the Daily Planet reporter in Noir (the one who got killed)? This is what makes me think she told him nothing of her plan. If she couldn't trust him in Noir, why would she trust him later on?

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                Not really related to the topic, but I don't think Lionel was involved with having that guy confess to her "murder", unless it was something planned by Lionel & Lana from ahead. Lionel had too many important things to do between the time he saw Lana "die" in the explosion to the time he was knocked out by Bizarro. He talked to Clark in the mansion telling him how he saw Lana die, then Clark left and Lionel had to grab kryptonite and rush after him. He literally had no time to set up someone else taking the heat for Lex. The next time we saw him, he was at the dam, using the kryptonite on Bizarro and getting KO'd. So unless it was premeditated, Lionel could not have been involved. And what makes me think it wasn't premeditated is that Lana did not trust him with the info inside the cigarette lighter in Noir and ran to that reporter. If she couldn't trust him, then there was no way she would let him in on her plan to escape Lex, making his involvement in any premeditated setup impossible. I hope they explain this and don't let it remain a plothole or inconsistency.
                At first I didn't see how Lionel would have had time either, but there must have been a substantial amount of time between the explosion and when he turned up at the mansion. Did he get checked out at the hospital? Did he just flee the scene of a murder without waiting for the police? Anyway, when he was being driven to the mansion (looking for Lex, I would guess) he had plenty of time to make phone calls, and I imagine for Lionel Luthor that's all it takes to get things done. It isn't like he would personally search Luthorcorp personnel records to find a scapegoat, he would just tell someone what he wanted and it would get done.

What SPECIFIC crime did LANA actually commit in your mind??
                What I said in my post! Framing someone for murder IS a crime. Really. You can look it up. Actually, I think faking your death is a crime, too, even if you don't try to inciminate anyone. You said he took blood money for a crime someone else committed. But Lana wasn't murdered, the only crime was getting Lex FALSELY arrested.

Comment

What I said in my post! Framing someone for murder IS a crime. Really. You can look it up. Actually, I think faking your death is a crime, too, even if you don't try to inciminate anyone. You said he took blood money for a crime someone else committed. But Lana wasn't murdered, the only crime was getting Lex FALSELY arrested.
                  Here's the kicker though..you are right about one thing NO one was murdered..so that begs the following questions:

1) You can't frame someone for murder if no one was actually murdered

2) If Lana's REAL motive was attempting to escape a abusive relationship by any means necessary (including making herself "disappear" ) and not looking to get Lex arrested you would need some really specific evidence of premeditation to prove your point...wouldn't you say?

Comment

I won't say that Lana is responsible for killing a man with cancer. That's a definite oversimplification. LOL!

She's not a spotless angel either. She has learned from Lex to use whatever means possible to "do the right thing." Which in her mind, was to kill Lex. She couldn't kill him... but she hasn't abandoned her plans to... curb Lex's evil...

Anyway, It's a bit of a tangle... Perhaps there was a length of time between the explosion and Lionel's conversation with Clark in which some of Lionel's connections informed him of where the police investigation was leaning.

Hopefully we'll get an explanation.

Comment

• Originally posted by chantal
                      Everyone talks about Lana faking her "death." But she didn't just fake a death, she faked a murder. Clona could just as well have "died" from an accident. Lana meant for some innocent person to be accused of her death, and she had no control over who was arrested. Just because the husband is the most likely suspect doesn't mean he is the only suspect. After all, Lana had a jealous ex-boyfriend who kidnapped her from her rehearsal dinner (if I remember correctly).\
                      But Lana did have control over who was arrested. She clearly wanted to frame Lex for her murder (or her attempted murder). That was why she blew up her car with the clone inside and gave the police the tape of her conversation with Lex (who do you think recorded it?). This would set up Lex, who had no alibi, as the most likely suspect.

Lionel, who saw Lana go bang, knew that Lex was probably the one behind it. So he did what any loving parent would do and did everything in his power to make sure that his son didn't go to jail. Lionel (or one of his lackeys) got on the phone with the cancerman and told him to take the fall for Lex so that his family would be financially secure.

The fault in this situation is Lana's. She knew the kind of people that Lex and Lionel were and knew that they would do whatever they could to get out of murder even if it meant forcing an innocent man to confess.

Comment

• Originally posted by JorEl23
                        Here's the kicker though..you are right about one thing NO one was murdered..so that begs the following questions:

1) You can't frame someone for murder if no one was actually murdered

2) If Lana's REAL motive was attempting to escape a abusive relationship by any means necessary (including making herself "disappear" ) and not looking to get Lex arrested you would need some really specific evidence of premeditation to prove your point...wouldn't you say?
                        1) So all Lana had to do to free the innocent man was go to the police, who had a geniune dead Lana body, and show that she wasn't dead. Which she didn't do. She left him to die.

2) I wouldn't say what you said because it's gibberish. Read my post. I said Clona could have been made to "die" from an accident. Purpose achieved, Lana is liberated. Then the police wouldn't have arrested anyone. But Lana didn't do that. She faked a murder. Which meant the police would try to find someone to arrest.

Originally posted by UpandAtom
                        But Lana did have control over who was arrested. She clearly wanted to frame Lex for her murder (or her attempted murder). That was why she blew up her car with the clone inside and gave the police the tape of her conversation with Lex (who do you think recorded it?). This would set up Lex, who had no alibi, as the most likely suspect.

Lionel, who saw Lana go bang, knew that Lex was probably the one behind it. So he did what any loving parent would do and did everything in his power to make sure that his son didn't go to jail. Lionel (or one of his lackeys) got on the phone with the cancerman and told him to take the fall for Lex so that his family would be financially secure.

The fault in this situation is Lana's. She knew the kind of people that Lex and Lionel were and knew that they would do whatever they could to get out of murder even if it meant forcing an innocent man to confess.
                        She could contribute to whom they suspected, but she couldn't control whom they arrested, obviously, since they arrested cancer guy. But wouldn't it have been fun if they had arrested Clark? Either because of his obsessive behavior in Crimson or because Lex turned the frame around on him.
                        Last edited by chantal; 10-19-2007, 02:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Minela
                          A man, dying of cancer, has spent the last days of his life in a small prison cell, away from his family. He is dead now. Good job Lana Luthor.
                          Hello! Lana had nothing to do with this. The responsibility and blame lies with Lionel Luthor.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎