Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An innocent man died in jail because of Lana.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An innocent man died in jail because of Lana.

A man, dying of cancer, has spent the last days of his life in a small prison cell, away from his family. He is dead now. Good job Lana Luthor.

If I was terminal with cancer and I knew I was going to die, I would take a few million to take the rap for someone.
    Shallow and dishonest I know, but a couple million for my family would ease my conscience. (Not in anyway do I excuse lying)

Comment

Nobody blames the man for taking the money. He was desperate. I blame Lana for putting him in that situation, and not even blinking when she heard the news from Lex. How cold.

Comment

Everyone isnt meant to have a perfect ending of their life. We will all die one day, and imo, its the life we have lived that matter, not how we die. Of course I whould like do spend the last days of my life with the people I love. But if not, they should know that I'll allways love them.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeburial
          Of course I whould like do spend the last days of my life with the people I love.
          Not me. I'm goin' out in a blaze of glory.

Comment

When did they say cancer? I heard natural causes, but I don't remember any more details than that. You sure he was actually dying, and it wasn't just some "natural cause" Lex cooked up to clean up the evidence?

Comment

You are right about lana allowing someone to take the blame.
              I just wish there was more of an explanation of how lana agreed to / lana was part of her disappearance.

Comment

you guys really think Lana is capable of doing that. I think she had help, either from justice league, lionel, or even Lex's men, and I assume the man wanted to help. yea I don't remember it being cancer either, natural causes. or Lex did something.

Comment

Please tell me no one is actually saying it's okay to let an innocent man sit in jail for a crime he didn't commit as long as he's only got a few months to live anyway. Please don't let that be what I'm hearing.

First of all, jail isn't a nice place. All sorts of bad things happen to people there. Things I wouldn't wish on anyone (who hadn't submitted some heinous crime) especially not someone who's about to die.

Secondly, according to the law, you're still a person, no matter how long you have to live. Murdering someone who is slated to die in four months (or days, or hours) is the same as murdering someone who wouldn't have died for 40 years. Writing off someone's life as worthless (which is what saying, "He was dying anyway," sort of means) is so not high on the moral scale.

Finally, helping someone who's dying doesn't mean offering them money so they'll spend what little time they have left in jail away from their family. Helping them would be letting them spend the rest of their time with their family and giving them enough money so their family will always be taken care of.
                  Last edited by Dannyblue1; 10-12-2007, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mello Penelo

................... What's that mean? *

Accompanied by fireworks?

Comment

Originally posted by Dannyblue1
                      Please tell me no one is actually saying it's okay to let an innocent man sit in jail for a crime he didn't commit as long as he's only got a few months to live anyway. Please don't let that be what I'm hearing.

First of all, jail isn't a nice place. All sorts of bad things happen to people there. Things I wouldn't wish on anyone (who hadn't submitted some heinous crime) especially not someone who's about to die.

Secondly, according to the law, you're still a person, no matter how long you have to live. Murdering someone who is slated to die in four months (or days, or hours) is the same as murdering someone who wouldn't have died for 40 years. Writing off someone's life as worthless (which is what saying, "He was dying anyway," sort of means) is so not high on the moral scale.

Finally, helping someone who's dying doesn't mean offering them money so they'll spend what little time they have left in jail away from their family. Helping them would be letting them spend the rest of their time with their family and giving them enough money so their family will always be taken care of.
                      I would agree with you, except that the man conscientiously made the decision to accept the money and spend the rest of his time in jail. I'm not saying that what Lana/Lex/Lionel did was anywhere close to right, but I see no problem with the guy dying in jail. That was his decision, no one else's.
                      Last edited by 98chase; 10-12-2007, 10:11 AM.

Comment

I thought it was Lex's people that paid the guy off to take the wrap for the death so Lex could get out of jail.

Comment

Originally posted by Mello Penelo
                          or maybe a Viking funeral.

Comment

Originally posted by 98chase
                            I would agree with you, except that the man conscientiously made the decision to accept the money and spend the rest of his time in jail. I'm not saying that what Lana/Lex/Lionel did was anywhere close to right, but I see no problem with the guy dying in jail. That was his decision, no one else's.
                            I'm actually not talking about the specifics of the episode. I guess I'm disturbed in general by the "Well, he was dying anyway," sentiment that was getting passed around in this thread. That's just not the kind of thing I like to hear. Or read, for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Dannyblue1
                              I'm actually not talking about the specifics of the episode. I guess I'm disturbed in general by the "Well, he was dying anyway," sentiment that was getting passed around in this thread. That's just not the kind of thing I like to hear. Or read, for that matter.
                              I see what you are saying. Writing it off because "he was dieing anyway" I wouldn't agree with. But writing it off because "he chose for it to happen that way" I do agree with.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎