TV Ratings for Fierce

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The final numbers for Fierce aren't in yet, so whoever said Wither did better is incorrect since the 4.9million was Wither's final number, while 4.88million that Fierce got isn't its final number.

We won't get those until the end of this week.

So Fierce can jump to 4.9 or higher. Since Bizarro overnight was 5million and final number was 5.2million.

Comment

Do people really believe that shippers affect the ratings that much? Because IMO they don't. A lot of the casual viewers will watch because they are invested in the show and won't throw a hissy fit if a certain couple aren't getting it on.

The show didn't die when Clana were apart and Lexana were together and it won't die with Clana together either. Unless we get consistently bad episodes the ratings will stay pretty much consistent.

As for Fierce I didn't particularly think it was a great episode. It seemed choppy and had obviously been edited and hacked to bits.

Comment

TPTB have said themselves that Clana is a aspect of the show that does help ratings.

If TPTB believe that, there has to be a reason for it, since they do like going back to it.

If Clana was such a rating downer as some people seem to love to believe, TPTB have all the power to never ever go back to that and redirect Clark's love interest to someone else eg: Chloe.

Or to totally write it out completely. Yet they haven't.

Comment

Originally posted by Kreukie
          TPTB have said themselves that Clana is a aspect of the show that does help ratings.

If TPTB believe that, there has to be a reason for it, since they do like going back to it.

If Clana was such a rating downer as some people seem to love to believe, TPTB have all the power to never ever go back to that and redirect Clark's love interest to someone else eg: Chloe.

Or to totally write it out completely. Yet they haven't.
          I didn't say it was a rating's downer but the show will not die without Clana no matter what TPTB or Clana fans say or how they try to spin it.

No ship is going to make or break Smallville and nothing will make me believe that it will.

Comment

The final numbers for Fierce aren't in yet, so whoever said Wither did better is incorrect since the 4.9million was Wither's final number, while 4.88million that Fierce got isn't its final number.

So Fierce can jump to 4.9 or higher. Since Bizarro overnight was 5million and final number was 5.2million.
            These are the Final Ratings -

Smallville
            - 4.819 million viewers
            - 2.9/5 HH
            - 1.9/5 A18-49
            - 2.1/7 A18-34

Final Ratings Link

Comment

Originally posted by Dustmite Do people really believe that shippers affect the ratings that much?
              All you have to do is look at the many posts found in past "episode ratings" threads.....there have been posts upon posts about how Clana brings down ratings and vice-versa.....so yes unfortunately a lot of fans here seem to believe that *rolls eyes*....I can almost guarantee if there would have been ANY slight ratings drop for this episode, there would have been posts upon posts blaming Clana for it...but since it didn't happen no one can really say much...

I personally believe there is no one determining factor of the "why" ratings increase or decrease...if there was one clear indicator the CW would be all over it (they desperately need the viewership lol) but the truth is that there are A LOT of variables that take place when it comes to ratings.
              Last edited by boingo; 10-13-2007, 02:14 PM.

Comment

I don't think comparing Fierce to Wither is a fair shot. I know plenty of AAR fans that only watched the ep for their performance.

Comment

Originally posted by MidgardDragon
                  Sarcasm about the opinion =/= insulting the poster.
                  I see so you quoting and laughing at my opinion is considered an insult.

Thanks I will keep that in mind

Comment

Originally posted by SecretzNLyz15
                    I don't think comparing Fierce to Wither is a fair shot. I know plenty of AAR fans that only watched the ep for their performance.
                    Doesn't matter. The numbers were pretty equal. There will always be various reasons for fluctuations.

With the last number rounded off, the FINAL number for "Wither" is 4.88 million viewers and 4.82 for "Fierce."
                    Last edited by ClarkyBoy14; 10-13-2007, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Many people have no inkling of an ide how the Nielson ratings work, here is some information:

Comment

I dont think Clana brings in more viewers but Clana definitely doesnt hurt the ratings.And with the Fierce ratings the stupid illusion of Clana being responsible for the ratings dip after Promise is disproved.Very well disproved I might add.I hope DC brings even better ratings next week.

Comment

How do you know this?

I could easily say that Clark fans only care about Clark and will excuse anything he does. No matter what.

How's that for a stereotype?
                          Actually, its a ridiculous comparison, and completely misses the point.

Of course Clark fans are most concerned for Clark. They aren't claiming they support a duo in a 'ship. You will also find many Clark fans very, very hard on him, because they want him to be the best character he can be.

But the point was that "Clana" fans are not Clark fans for the most part. Well, except when he's crawling up Lana's butt, then he's aces They are Lana fans. Clark is incidental. Just the means to keeping Lana as the center of the SV universe. And if anyone has any doubt, just visit any Clana site, and see which character and actor is beloved and supported, and which one is sort of just the other guy.

How do I know this? I read posts from Clana fans. Its not brain surgery.

Comment

Originally posted by BadToad
                            Actually, its a ridiculous comparison, and completely misses the point.

Of course Clark fans are most concerned for Clark. They aren't claiming they support a duo in a 'ship. You will also find many Clark fans very, very hard on him, because they want him to be the best character he can be.

But the point was that "Clana" fans are not Clark fans for the most part. Well, except when he's crawling up Lana's butt, then he's aces They are Lana fans. Clark is incidental. Just the means to keeping Lana as the center of the SV universe. And if anyone has any doubt, just visit any Clana site, and see which character and actor is beloved and supported, and which one is sort of just the other guy.

How do I know this? I read posts from Clana fans. Its not brain surgery.
                            Uh, so your point is that Lana fans like Lana. Erm, am I the only one who thinks that was the most obvious thing ever stated on these boards?

Comment

Uh, so your point is that Lana fans like Lana. Erm, am I the only one who thinks that was the most obvious thing ever stated on these boards?
                              Don't be obtuse. You are brighter then that. Even if you seem to believe your #1 job is to go around telling people what to post

My point is, and its perfectly obvious to anyone who read what I posted, is that Clana (note MD, there's an extra letter added there. Its called a "C", indicating that people are fans of a pairing that involves 2 characters) fans don't really care about the "C" part of that pairing.

If you still aren't getting the point, well, then I can't help you.

Comment

I just want to say that I can feel the love in this thread. It gives me chills just thinking about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎