TV Ratings for Fierce

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's see, according to last year's ratings, the third episode was Wither. Lana was with Lex and that's the episode where she slept with him. That episode got 4.88 million. Fierce, the third episode this year where she's back with Clark and heavily advertised as being back with him as pointed out by Kid Collins, got 4.82 million.

I guess people don't care who Lana is with, but slightly favored her with Lex. In fact, it's the first episode this year that's lower than last year's corresponding episode. Not by much, so it's no big deal, but it's clear to me that shipper junk makes no difference in the ratings. At least not shipper stuff with Lana, because whether Clark or Lex, the numbers were almost virtually the same. And there was no bikini this time last year to advertise either

Comment

^^I don't remember the trailer for Wither, but did they advertise Lexana heavily? Or Lexana sex?

I know they did in the second trailer for it but that's not viewed by the general audience so...I don't think the .6 matters at all. The ratings for the 4th episode will be more important for comparison on whether people generally like Lana better with Lex or Clark.

Comment

Originally posted by batfinx
        Let's see, according to last year's ratings, the third episode was Wither. Lana was with Lex and that's the episode where she slept with him. That episode got 4.88 million. Fierce, the third episode this year where she's back with Clark and heavily advertised as being back with him as pointed out by Kid Collins, got 4.82 million.

I guess people don't care who Lana is with, but slightly favored her with Lex. In fact, it's the first episode this year that's lower than last year's corresponding episode. Not by much, so it's no big deal, but it's clear to me that shipper junk makes no difference in the ratings. At least not shipper stuff with Lana, because whether Clark or Lex, the numbers were almost virtually the same. And there was no bikini this time last year to advertise either
        YOUR SO WRONG DUDE!!

In the Wither trailer that CW released it was ALL Green Arrow!!

No Lexana in sight!!

That's the truth.

Just can't stand the fact that Clana didn't bring down the ratings that all antis were hoping for!!

Add to that in Season 5,

Arrival had 5.9 million
        Mortal 5.9
        Hidden 5.9

No decrease in the ratings and no superhero guest stars were pimped but Clana.

boo hoo.
        Last edited by Kid Collins; 10-12-2007, 05:47 PM.

Comment

^^Lol I think you mean the 'Wither' trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by redraven
            ^^Lol I think you mean the 'Wither' trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by redraven
              I'm really happy about the ratings for this week. I wonder how many pages this thread would have if the ratings dropped.
              It would be 10 pages of people threatening Al/Miles lives and saying how the show hasn't been good since Season 1, 2, or 3. When Smallville's down, people kick it, when Smallville's up, people still kick it, just not as hard.

Comment

Let's just say that maybe more people tuned in to see Supergirl. I like that. It's good that Smallville got more attention. But suppose those new viewers didn't like the episode. I mean, these are the people who tuned in because they WANTED to see Supergirl. They apparently didn't tune in because of what already existed so they hoped this was going to be great enough to make them watch. If ratings were mediocre at best, isn't it likely they may not tune in again? Therefore the show is left with the old fans who will continue to watch, hoping the show gets better.
                I could be wrong but I think the producers made a big mistake by not locking into this opportunity.
                I don't mean to sound negative. I want this to be realistic.

Comment

The ratings for the 4th episode will be more important for comparison on whether people generally like Lana better with Lex or Clark.
                  Nice try, but the 4th episode has Dean Cain in it and I'd think if there was an upward spike for that one it would be due to him.

YOUR SO WRONG DUDE!!
                  I think I hit a nerve

In the Wither trailer that CW released it was ALL Green Arrow!!

No Lexana in sight!!
                  You don't remember the trailer where Lexana are kissing in front of the fireplace and he takes that scarf off her neck?

Arrival had 5.9 million
                  Mortal 5.9
                  Hidden 5.9
                  And Solitude, same season, got 6 million and Lana wasn't in it at all.

Just can't stand the fact that Clana didn't bring down the ratings that all antis were hoping for!!
                  Actually, my reaction is to the never-ending idea that ships (whichever ship, it doesn't matter) bring in higher ratings and what we've found out is that it's not true. Again, compared to last year when Lana was with Lex there was almost no difference except a slight drop this year.

And if by 'antis' you mean anti Clana, if it makes you feel better, I'm simply anti-ship, no matter which one. Shippers tear this fandom to pieces with their own little agendas. They all want to believe that their ship is the salvation of the show and don't give a damn about Clark other than what stature a pairing with him gives their favorite female character.

No decrease in the ratings and no superhero guest stars were pimped but Clana.
                  Uh, isn't Kara a guest superhero?

Comment

No, it seems she is the replacement for Clark so he can play "house" down on the farm.

Comment

Originally posted by batfinx
                      Nice try, but the 4th episode has Dean Cain in it and I'd think if there was an upward spike for that one it would be due to him.
                      Ah, I forgot all about Dean guest starring. But I doubt that he'd be 100% the reason of a rise in ratings.

Back in season 5 Fragile did drop a lot in ratings and that was pretty much the first Lexana episode so...yeah. With no real drop in ratings for Clana heavy episodes (Mortal comes to mind) I say viewers generally prefer Clana, but hey...I'm biased.

Comment

Originally posted by LegendaryU2K
                        tHIS episode wasnt good like the first 2, so i'm kinda shocked about the ratings, but like me there are plenty of hardcore smallville fans.

Me too

you think the half naked models made the ratings go up among other things?

the epi wasn't as good as the first two but that's just my opinion

Comment

And if by 'antis' you mean anti Clana, if it makes you feel better, I'm simply anti-ship, no matter which one. Shippers tear this fandom to pieces with their own little agendas. They all want to believe that their ship is the salvation of the show and don't give a damn about Clark other than what stature a pairing with him gives their favorite female character.
                          Oh yeah, Preach it!. I'm the same way. I won't say its a universal thing by any means, but it always amazes me how much people fight over Clark for "their girl", but don't give a darn about him as a character at all. That is actually the reason I've gotten so anti-Clana over the last year. That shipper fandom is ALL about Lana and KK. Consideration for Clark (or TW) is barely a blip on the radar.

In any case, I agree that ships don't effect the ratings that much. I think a 'ship arc can have an effect on the ratings over time. But I think its an accumulative effect. JMHO

Comment

People who bring up season 5 ratings to show us how much Clana is loved, are seriously delusional when it comes to Clana right now. Back in season 5 they were okay, it was their first "real" shot. Even I, didn't want to gauge my eyes out when I saw it. I was fine with it and even enjoyed the end of Hidden with that hug. I thought it was nice. But now? Please. People are tired, tired, tired, tired.

Comment

Okay, here's comparisons to last week. The first number is "Fierce," the second, "Kara."

- Viewers: 4.819 million v. 4.586: UP by 233,000
                              - HH: 2.9/5 v. 2.9/5: SAME
                              - A18-49: 1.9/5 v. 1.9/5: SAME
                              - A18-34: 2.1/7 v. 2.1/7: SAME
                              - A25-54: 2.0/5 v. 1.8/5: UP by 3 tenths of a rating point

--

Versus last year's "Wither" it was down by 60,000 viewers.
                              The average viewership of the first 3 this season is 4.86, last season was 4.79, so we're still ahead of last year by 70,000 viewers.

Comment

I think what Clana supporters are trying to say is that Clana may bring in more viewers, whether true or not, but it doesn't bring down ratings either. That seems to be the anti's argument involving Clana lately, right?

From the ratings chart that I read, more female viewers were recorded, and I'm guessing it was either for that ANTM chick or the Clana reunion. Just like Promise, more females tend to watch the show when romance is involved, IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎