No announcement yet.

UK Thoughts!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Thoughts!

I know this is a bit late but i missed the original UK screening and had to rewatch on the internet. I am surprised they haven't been more contributions from UK viewers. I thought Reunion provided a fantastic insight into the psyche of Lex Luthor.

IMHO this episode revealed so much about the the mentality of Lex and how he was always fascinated/obsessed with power and respect. This may be due to the fact that he was already born into wealth so he did not need money. However, as the old adage goes, 'you get the money, then the power and then the respect'. It seems to me that as a young boy, Lex faced many challenges including baldness and the clear lack of love and affection from his ruthless father.

I believe that this episode showed us that Lex was an outcast at prep school despite his status as a rich man's son this meant Lex was reclusive by circumstance and not by choice. Lex was bullied in the ultra compettitive world of prep school. Therefore, Lex craved the trappings of Ollie and his merry men. After all, in Lexs' mind he was as worthy as Ollie's pals he just lacked acceptance because of his follicly challenged head.

It is interesting that as soon as Lex got some dirt on Ollie he struck a deal straight away and then tried to sell his plan to Duncan. That showed the duplicitous nature of Lex at an early age and his insatiable thirst for power and acceptance. Thus, his friendship with Duncan was a complete sham as he never allowed the beliefs of his idealistic friend to influence him and was only buying time untill he could improve his social position.

From this episode i can assume that the motives for befriending Clark mirrors the situation with Clark entirely. For example, Lex was not universally accepted at Smallville untill he became friends with Cark in part due to the Luthor name. But once his friendship had been cultuvated with Clark attitudes in SV changed towards Lex. And yet Lex repaid Clarks friendship by investigating the background of his adopted friend and family. IMHO Lex was destined to betray Clark the same way he betrayed his school friend, Duncan. IMO Lex has an insatiable desire for power and that would have probably been detrimental to Clark if he had shared his secret with Lex because Lex was too far gone at stage of his life to change his real nature. Comments?

Us UK guys have already reviewed it... at the bottom of the page there should be an option to search posts from the last 2, 5, 10, 20 etc number of days... keep going back till you find the old UK thread.
    Last edited by Pesk; 10-09-2007, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎