Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did Grant give Lois a chance?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he told her he beleaved her and to write the story to try and get in her pants then was shocked that she actually wrote the story so he read it and then decided she honestly deserved a change.

Comment

My eyes rolled when i saw that epi..Lois in the DP getting a position from Grant..Yea sure.. i know what position he wants her in...

Comment

The 1st one...potential

Comment

i hated the way they brought this into the show of lois being a daily planet reporter. just sickens me this reason alone took me out of the episode

Comment

Getting in lois' pants should be fairly easy to accomplish, she is readily available for men of power be it wealth, super powers, or anything that can entertain her or give her access to those things she wants. Grant just read her properly for what she is and her dull doe-eyed grin gives her away.

Position? Desk top like ClarkMan almost introduced her to at the Planet.

Comment

potential 100%, we know Lois Lane always has been the female star reporter of the Daily Planet, since the whole Superman´s story started she has been known as a great reporter, nothing else., Lois Lane already kicked asses and broke doors developing as a terrific reporter decades before Chloe existed. , so Go our lovely Lois, finally she´s going to take the place that has always belonged to her.

Comment

Originally posted by operadiva
                My eyes rolled when i saw that epi..Lois in the DP getting a position from Grant..Yea sure.. i know what position he wants her in...
                Well Grant spoke to Clark, Ollie, AC, and they reminded him that Lois is an EASY piece of ass. She is basically a homie hopper.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveS
                  Getting in lois' pants should be fairly easy to accomplish, she is readily available for men of power be it wealth, super powers, or anything that can entertain her or give her access to those things she wants. Grant just read her properly for what she is and her dull doe-eyed grin gives her away.

Position? Desk top like ClarkMan almost introduced her to at the Planet.
                  to be fair I don't think she actually slept with any of them that we have seen since even after a while of dating oliver she hadn't slept with him though you could say that was only because he kept disapearing so who knows how many people lois has been with.

Comment

at difference of other girls in Smallville, we haven´t seen Lois sleeping with any boy in SV,and we don´t have proof about if she has slept with a guy, but we know Lois has good taste ; she like superheroes; first Aquaman, then Green Arrow, and in future: Superman.

Comment

I feel neither option is correct. I had to vote for the first one though because I think that might be the reason she keeps her job.

As for how she got it . . . well there was ZERO romance and/or lusting on Grant or Lois' part in 'Kara' so that obviously wasn't the reason but neither do I think she got hired because of her drive and/or determination.

I honestly believe that Grant is working for Lex (the fact that Lex just happened to be in the DP's printing press a few scenes before Grant just happens to be taking a stroll through the basement level in time to hear 'spaceship' . . . so not a coincidence) to keep Chloe at bay and hiring her own cousin to try and pit against her [which I think will come back and slap both Grant and Lex in face . . . these cousins actually like eachother, as evidenced in 'Kara' by them sticking up for one another) and shoving Chloe into the dug out, going way above and beyond to insult her and make Chloe feel like crap, and telling Lois that she can 'be the best of the best' before even knowing her are all pointers to make be believe that to be true.

I love Lois, so of course I'm displeased to see her being used in such a way, but even though I don't like Chloe it's hardly fair to have her spit on so blatantly. It has to be set up for her triumphing in the end, because seriously . . . how much sh*t can happen to the little blondie before something good finally happens? In the end I'm thinking and hoping that Grant will start to genuinely like Lois and her writing and change his ways and that Chloe will get back the mojo she was 'accused' of losing . . . then both cousins can show Lex how wrong he was to try and beat them down [Chloe] or underestimate them as a threat [Lois]

By the way, I find it EXTREMELY insulting to me as a woman whenever anyone calls Lois 'easy' or a 'whore' I thought she should have slept with Oliver. she was in love with him, he was in love with and they were dating. That one comment she made insinuated however that they had not been intimate, but even if they had . . . good for her.

Chloe slept with Jimmy . . . does that make HER a whore? I don't think so. I've slept with most of the men and women I've been involved with, most of them not all that serious a commitment, are you going to call ME an easy piece of @ss? Beyond Oliver there isn't one ounce of proof to suggest she slept with anyone on the duration of this show. The only reason we had to suspect her of not being a virgin was that Isobel looked at her hair and saw that she wasn't 'pure'. She sure as hell didn't have sex with El Creepo Sandman, she didn't sleep with the Inivisible Man, she didn't sleep with Aquaman . . .and those are the only 'dates' she had. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume she had sex with Oliver despite her comment in 'Justice' so that's one boyfriend on the show's duration and two people in three years or more that she had sex with (we don't know who to or when she lost her virginity but it was before 'Smallville') Chloe had sex with Jimmy, Lana had sex with Lex and Clark and was going to have sex with Jason . . . and that hardly qualifies as a slut.

That is such a disgusting and sexist thing to say!
                      Last edited by LovelyLoisLane; 10-10-2007, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveS
                        I have to be honest, I don't really understand where this comes from. There are many things that I can't stand about Lois (so, so many) and feel compelled to complain about, but her supposed promiscuity isn't one of them. She's only had sex with one guy in like 4 years. And they might have a habit of pairing her up with rich and/or powerful men, but it's generally them pursuing her, not the other way around. If you want to rag on Lois, I suggest sticking to her lack of intellect/common sense - it's a much easier target.

Originally posted by LovelyLoisLane
                        I feel neither option is correct. I had to vote for the first one though because I think that might be the reason she keeps her job.

As for how she got it . . . well there was ZERO romance and/or lusting on Grant or Lois' part in 'Kara' so that obviously wasn't the reason but neither do I think she got hired because of her drive and/or determination.
                        Well, I completely agree. To be honest there was nothing that suggested Grant had the hots for her - he doesn't even look as if he's looking in her direction when he first overhears her 'UFO' comment. so it's not like she caught his eye. And as for potential - it's absolutely ridiculous to think that anyone can determine a person's potential by merely overhearing 3 seconds of them ranting about a UFO. If I stopped and took heed every time I overheard someone rambling about such things, I'd spend a lot of time talking to crazy homeless people.

Honestly, polls like these are lame. If you really want to have a genuine idea of how the fandom feels about an issue, then you need to include ALL options which are likely to run the gamut of opinions in said fandom. In this case, I can think of two options which really should have been included: C) Grant is up to no good, and has some as yet unknown ulterior motive for hiring her; D) This is yet another lightswitch of ridiculous proportions. Although personally, I'd choose C.

I honestly believe that Grant is working for Lex (the fact that Lex just happened to be in the DP's printing press a few scenes before Grant just happens to be taking a stroll through the basement level in time to hear 'spaceship' . . . so not a coincidence) to keep Chloe at bay and hiring her own cousin to try and pit against her [which I think will come back and slap both Grant and Lex in face . . . these cousins actually like eachother, as evidenced in 'Kara' by them sticking up for one another) and shoving Chloe into the dug out, going way above and beyond to insult her and make Chloe feel like crap, and telling Lois that she can 'be the best of the best' before even knowing her are all pointers to make be believe that to be true.

I love Lois, so of course I'm displeased to see her being used in such a way, but even though I don't like Chloe it's hardly fair to have her spit on so blatantly. It has to be set up for her triumphing in the end, because seriously . . . how much sh*t can happen to the little blondie before something good finally happens? In the end I'm thinking and hoping that Grant will start to genuinely like Lois and her writing and change his ways and that Chloe will get back the mojo she was 'accused' of losing . . . then both cousins can show Lex how wrong he was to try and beat them down [Chloe] or underestimate them as a threat [Lois]
                        I completely agree. There was just far too much in those scenes that was over the top and unusual for it to be taken at face value. Clearly, it was designed to set up something down the line for one or both of them, and it will likely involve some form of comeuppance for Grant.

Comment

Why thank you Khufu.

I also agree on the poll options and will add that there should have also been an 'other' option that left any possiblities the creator might have forgotten and/or didn't think of open for the voters to discuss. I think that option c) Grant is up to no good which will see later () is the most obvious.

Comment

Clearly, it was because he saw just how much Potential she really had and that she was determined to get the story no matter what and that's he admired about her, her drive to succeed.

Comment

Her boobs! That's why Grant gave her the job.

Comment

Looks first but he wouldn't have given it to her is she wasn't passionate.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎