Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In Your Arms (sequel to 'When You're Gone' letter series)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Your Arms (sequel to 'When You're Gone' letter series)

TITLE: In Your Arms
    AUTHOR: I do believe that would be me, myself and I, with some assistance from my Yahoo research friends, who aided me in completing research vital to this fiction.
    PAIRING: Chlana, with some Clois flirtation
    ADDITIONAL NOTES: Standard - as with my previous Chlana fics. Also, hope the facts that have gone into this fic. are correct.
    DEDICATION: Bonita - thanks for your support of my fics. and for encouraging me to get back into the swing of writing - yes, I know you were all eagerly waiting. A huge thanks for being so an incredible friend - you never know who you'll befriend here on K-Site.

The first summer breeze russled the tree above the Kent farm, sending leaves fluttering to the ground in a colourful mosiac. The Kent barn was alive with excitement as preparations for Lana's 21st birthday were finalised. An overwhelmed Lana slumped back in a chair and watched as Clark and Lois put the finishing touches on the barn; streamers, balloons, fairy lights: the barn almost looked as though it was ready to host the prom.

"Wow", Lana uttered breathlessly as Clark unfolded the last of the tables and spread the table cloths.

"You two definately went to a lot of trouble".

Lois smiled.

"You only turn 21 once, Lana."

"Besides, you didn't honestly think we wouldn't celebrating", Clark commented.

Lana smiled happily as a breeze blew through the barn, unsettling the table cloths.

"I'll see if anything is ready to be brought out, otherwise we might both be chasing the cloths, Clark".

"Thanks Lois".

Lois dissappeared back towards the house, leaving Clark and Lana alone in the barn.

"Clark, thanks for all your help".

Clark smiled and raced back towards the tables and the cloths took flight.

"It was no trouble. I'll just have to make sure that everyone stays away from the stairs tonight".

Lana laughed.

"Definately".

Lana's attention was diverted the second a car door slammed shut behind her. She jumped up to see Chloe heading towards her, arms wide open.

"Chloe!", she exclaimed, almost tripping on her heels as she made her way towards her beloved girlfriend.

"Well hello to you too baby", Chloe responded, before kissing Lana.

"Don't you look sexy", she whispered in Lana's ear.

Lana pressed her finger to Chloe's lips as she dragged her towards the barn.

"Can you believe the effort Lois and Clark have put in?"

Chloe raised her eyebrows incrediously.

"Lois and Clark, not fighting?"

"Yes, not fighting", Lana replied, catching Chloe's curious sideways glance.

Lana beckoned Chloe to take a seat, and before long, both were seated and in deep conversation between exchanging kisses. Their conversation continue for some time, and the attention was roused only by the arrival of other guests.

"Time to get this party started!", Lois declared, turning on the stereo.

"No White Snake", Clark yelled, making Lois pout.

"You're no fun Farmboy".

Chloe pulled Lana out onto the "dancefloor"; Lois and Clark had allocated one part of the barn for dancing and avoiding the crush of people huddling around the tables.

"It's so good to be back in your arms", Chloe whispered, gently kissing Lana on the cheek.

"Same. Someone very wise once told me absence makes the heart grow fonder. Never realised how true that was until she left for New York".

"I love you Lana".

"I love you too, my angel. "

Out of the corner of her eye, Chloe could see Lois desperately trying to entice Clark onto the dance floor. She laughed to herself, and Lana glanced over to see Lois tugging at Clark's shirt.

"Is it me or has Lois taken to Clark?"

"They've been unbelievably pleasant to each other these last few days."

Chloe laughed.

"Oh God, my cousin has finally seen the light".

Lana laughed as she grabbed Chloe by the waist and drew her closer.

"Might keep them off our hands temporally - a little more time alone tonight".

A devious glint shone in Chloe's eyes.

"I like the way you think".

Both women continued dancing whilst every now and again throwing glances at Lois and Clark, who had now joined them on the floor. Granted, Clark looked incredibly uncomfortable, and Lois was undoubtly slightly tipsy, but the two were being civilised, and that had to be a good sign.

Suddenly, the music stopped.

"Champagne is served, and we will follow that with speeches", Martha said.

Lana blushed furiously as both Chloe and Clark pulled out notes from their pockets.

"Oh great. Want you at least let me live out my 21st before killing me with those embarrassing stories?"

"So what? You won't allow me to say how madly in love I am with you and that you've made my world my heaven on earth?"

Lana softened and kissed Chloe.

"If you're going to dote on me, I'm not going to stop you. Mind you, that does make me sound rather egotistical".

"You can get away with that tonight".

"Lana, take a seat. Clark, please pour the birthday girl some champagne."

Lana took a sip of her champagne as Chloe took the microphone.

"Truth be told, I'm not sure where to begin. Anyone who knows me knows of my immense love and respect for Lana. My extreme graditude for everything she does for me, my happiness and joy at being her girlfriend. I credit Lana for bringing me out from behind my facade, and although I partly owe our relationship to a slip up from my cousin, Lois, I guess I'm thankful that I'm no longer living a lie. You see, as cliched as it sounds, I know that I've found my soulmate in this beautiful woman, and I can't imagine my life without her. Lana's presence is a blessing: time and time again she has enchanted me, and never once have I felt afraid to be totally honest with her. She makes me me; that's all there is to it. I couldn't be myself without her".

As Chloe glanced out into the crowd, she noticed Lana wiping away the tears that were now streaming down her cheeks. She swallowed hard, desperately fighting back tears herself.

"I might let Clark take over now, otherwise I'm likely to end up an emotional mess. I love you Lana, and I'm forever thankful you feel the same way".

Chloe handed the microphone to Lois, who was standing nearby. She quickly looked around for Clark, but failed to find him.

"Where is he Lois?"

"My lips are sealed", Lois replied, gently taking both of Chloe's shoulders and turning her towards the stairwell.

Lana made her way across the floor and, when she reached Lois, she took the microphone and motioned towards the loft. Suddenly, light beamed and Chloe saw Clark standing behind the railing, his hands on a thick black cloth.

"Close your eyes", Lana told Chloe.

Chloe clamped her eyes shut, a feeling of both excitement and worry swelling inside her.

She heard the sound of what she assumed was the cloth falling to the ground followed by the sound of gasps among the crowd.

"Open your eyes, Chlo", said Lois, stepping back from her cousin and watching on alongside Martha and her sister, Lucy.

Chloe opened her eyes to gaze upon the fairy lights hanging from the railing. She closed her eyes once more, sure she was imagining the scene before her.

"Chloe", Lana said, gently tugging her hand, causing her to open her eyes.

"It's not a dream baby".

Chloe heart was racing; it had to be a dream. It had to. There was no way this could be real, unless Lois has let slip yet again.

"Chloe, will you marry me?"

The lights flashed before her eyes: green, red, blue, yellow, pink, purple, orange. All spelling out the words she longed to her.

"Chloe Sullivan, will you marry me?"

Chloe threw her arms around Lana's body, and without a moment's hesitation gave her answer.

"Yes", she cried, tears now thick down her cheeks.

Lana embraced Chloe and kissed her as a loud cheer went up among the audiece. Lois could be heard over all, cheering and screaming with excitement.

Suddenly, being in Lana's arms felt all the more perfect.

"Chloe, this is for you".

Lana pulled a small blue box for her top pocket and opened it. Inside was a diamond ring; the exact one Chloe had once pointed out to Lois and commented that she loved.

"It's beautiful", she breathed, a smiling creeping across her face.

"So are you", Lana replied, slipping the ring onto Chloe's finger.

"Happy engagement Chloe Sullivan-Lang", Lana whispered, as both Lois and Clark came rushing forward.

"Same to you, Lana Lang-Sullivan".
    Last edited by Smallville_Angel; 10-08-2007, 04:48 PM.

aww that was such a sweet story. I really like how you've developed the relationship between Chloe and Lana. A great ending to a great story, might I add =). Great job, keep it up ^_^

Comment

Perfect. So sweet.
      Great ending.

Comment

WOW, I didn't see that coming, the engagement.. I had to read it again, I thought I was dreaming, What a great story, it was so sweet and Clois not fighting.. The story is great, you better be writing some more soon, ok

Comment

Thanks for the speedy replies girls - I'll be keeping on with the letter series and am definately posting the sequel to this - the Chlana wedding. I thought it appropriate to do so - yes, there'll be 101 sequels by the time I'm finished, but I could hardly leave you hanging. Thanks for the ongoing support and encouragement - truly appreciated. You all make writing much more worthwhile.

Comment

My apologises for getting so lazy girls... the Chlana wedding is on the way, just as soon as the bulk of my uni. work is complete and I'm not feeling really daunted by the prospect of having to leave up to your expectations. I do hope that the sequel to this will become a slight political comment: about how homosexual marriage is legal in America. I'll have to see though, because I'd rather not create ground for controversy. Mind you, it may be fun: anyone who knows me knows I'm not overly fond of such laws!

Comment

Great start! I can't wait for the wedding! Nice way to surprise Chloe btw! PPMS!!

Comment

At least now you have some idea of where my passion for my writing comes from- it is some relief to have my writing serve as that thought for me, if you follow me. Owe all four of you for your ongoing support - Bonita and Heather: thanks for everything and love you both.

Comment

I can't wait for the wedding. I really love this fic ^_^. I know, I already reviewed, but I just need to review again lol.

Comment

O.K. Glad to announce I'm now on summer break, so with any luck, I'll get back into this and have the wedding sequel up within the week, and will continue on with the letter series A.S.A.P. Meanwhile, if any of you are interested in directing me to your own fics., please do... I owe you the support you give me and it's the least I can do for my loyal fans (LOL )

Comment

Great, I can't wait for the wedding scene ^.^. *grins* I'm such a nerd =P, I love Chlana lol both friendship and more .

Comment

Nerd? Nothing wrong with Chlana... then again, I speak from biased opinion, so perhaps I'm not the best person to be asking about it... LOL.

Comment

I love these. Thanks for writing them.

Comment

Such a sweet story, I loved it.

Comment

Looks like the Chlana wedding will have to move along - lazy me for not getting to it sooner.... my apologises 1000 times over. And I might consider trying my hand at some Lana/Lucy soon.... anyone up for that shipper?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎