• Time
  • Show
Clear All

i still think that hes obnoxious and he looks VERY young

Comment

What is he 12?

Comment

Originally posted by MidgardDragon
        Chloe needs someone that doesn't think she's an amazing wonder woman like everyone else does.

Lana needs to meet somebody like that too

Comment

i only want perry white, only perry white, no one else.

Comment

^ diddo!

Comment

People have been complaining a lot about Grant, even insisting that he must work for Lex but I think there are other explanations so here is a different take:

Why did Grant know all that stuff about Chloe a lowly basement worker?
              Given that Grant was actually in the basement at the time and was the new boss perhaps he did a quick memorizing of the facts of what he needed to talk to all of them about before he came down. Chloe was a person who's record showed potential she wasn't living up to so he made note of it.

Why is Grant so mean about old Guard Journalism?
              Maybe because Grant has noticed that papers are burying true stories that look tabloidish for fear of their reputation. Grant cares more about printing truth then about how the paper looks. Isn't that what Journalism is about, letting people know the truth?

Why did Grant believe Lois' spaceship story?
              Did he? He took a chance to see if she could prove it. Grant obviously believes it's possible but in a "sure why not?" kind of way. That makes him open minded, a good trait for a journalist. If Lois could prove the existence of extra terrestrials he'd give her a job? If anyone could prove a spaceship had crashed I'd think they would deserve a job.

Why was Grant so overly nice to Lois?
              Well he wasn't and he was. He was supportive and believed in her but he challenged her not coddled. Grant first saw a passion in Lois that made her stand out and worthy of taking a non-existent risk on, "show me you're good enough and I'll give you a job," If her writing sucked and she couldn't prove her story well then he didn't have to hire her did he? He had nothing to lose by challenging her. Then when he read her work and it showed real potential that she was not exploiting due to believing her work wasn't good enough, he told her what she needed to hear, that her writing and passion were good enough, that her prose were great, etc. Pauline Kahn's lines to Chloe when she hired her were a reflection of what Chloe needed to hear to be a better reporter. Chloe never thought she wasn't good enough or that someone was so much better then her that she wouldn't try. That was never a journalism issue for Chloe so she didn't need that type of pep talk from Kahn.

Why was Grant so mean to Chloe?
              Because Chloe isn't giving the DP her A game. Chloe fans have been complaining about the lack of reporter Chloe but when a person on the show does the same thing he must be evil? Grant sees that Chloe has potential to be a great reporter but she's just sitting on her basement position, so he tells her she's lost her fire in the angry coach "Prove me wrong or quit" style. These people aren't popular but they get the job done, they are motivational by pissing people off. Grant gave two very different people with very different issues exactly what they needed to be better reporters, and he did it at the same time. He seems like a great boss for a competitive field.

Comment

i think he is a good addition to the cast. fills a needed role. an adult role.

but kind of funny that the guy is so young in real life. he's younger than KK. but he definitely comes off as late twenties....or 30ish on screen...due to the arrogance.

also...another character with double initals. GG

Comment

Originally posted by borednow

Why was Grant so mean to Chloe?
                  Because Chloe isn't giving the DP her A game. Chloe fans have been complaining about the lack of reporter Chloe but when a person on the show does the same thing he must be evil? Grant sees that Chloe has potential to be a great reporter but she's just sitting on her basement position, so he tells her she's lost her fire in the angry coach "Prove me wrong or quit" style. These people aren't popular but they get the job done, they are motivational by pissing people off. Grant gave two very different people with very different issues exactly what they needed to be better reporters, and he did it at the same time. He seems like a great boss for a competitive field.
                  i think that chloe has held back her all because she protects clark. she could have gotten a pulitzer by now with all of those stories about clark, but she held back and made up a stupid excuse for all of the weird things that happen around clark. if she didnt know clark's secret she wouldnt be in the basement of the DP anymore...shed be on the top floor......but clark would be totally lost without her....

Comment

Originally posted by clarksgirl93
                    i think that chloe has held back her all because she protects clark. she could have gotten a pulitzer by now with all of those stories about clark, but she held back and made up a stupid excuse for all of the weird things that happen around clark. if she didnt know clark's secret she wouldnt be in the basement of the DP anymore...shed be on the top floor......but clark would be totally lost without her....
                    Yeah but that's giving Clark and the Proto Justice League her A-game which Grant doesn't know about and still wouldn't matter because Grant is there for the DP, and Chloe isn't given the DP and journalism her A-game, she's giving it her B to D game episode to episode. So it comes across to Grant who only knows her printed work that the passion for finding stories is gone. That little rant was in Grant's defence not a protest of Chloe or her character. Grant's yelling at Chloe has to be judged by what he knows not by what we know. Good reason bad reason, Chloe isn't giving it her A-game and Grant knows it and is telling her he knows it and doesn't like it.

Comment

He made an impression and got attention and maybe that was the goal here.

I'm going to wait and see what happens next

Comment

Originally posted by markbot
                        another character with double initals. GG
                        See I was wondering when we were going to hear Lois make fun of that. Maybe in a later episode. "I'll get right on that, GG. with a smirk in her voice or something.

As for the character I thought he was smarmy and obnoxious and hiring Lois came out of left field. But I do think he was right about Chloe having lost her 'Torch' (nice touch from the writers, Btw) and her passion. Still, a lot of his stuff seemed to verge on the ridiculous. A guy that young becoming editor of one of the most respected newspapers in the world?
                        WTF?

Comment

plus i think that lois working at the planet will make chloe and lois's friendship a very competitive and jelous one...

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎