Smallville Books/Novels

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay I am all confused here. there are two different series????? I've read: Speed, Runaway, Shadows, Animal Rage, Dragon, Arrival, Strange Visitors, Temptation, and........oh maybe that's it. Which ones are in which series??

Comment

Oops, didn't realize this post existed, nice of some mod to move it for me though.

Comment

Originally posted by DuMont
        Okay I am all confused here. there are two different series????? I've read: Speed, Runaway, Shadows, Animal Rage, Dragon, Arrival, Strange Visitors, Temptation, and........oh maybe that's it. Which ones are in which series??
        the thin books with the larger print are the young adult series (of those mentioned speed, runaway, animal rage, etc) and the thicker books are not so much a series as separate fan fiction novels (in the book store barnes and noble they are shelved by author rather than as a series while the young adult series are not) the adult series includes Strange Visitors, Dragon, Shadows etc. hope this helps. PM me if you have any more questions!

Comment

the smallville books go like this (in order i hope )

Young Adult series

1. Arrival
          2. See no evil
          3. Filght
          4. Animal Rage
          5. Speed
          6. Buried Secrets
          7. Runaway
          8. Greed
          9. Tempation
          10. Sparks

Adult series
          1. Strage visitors
          2. Dragon
          3.Hautings
          4. Whodunnit
          5. Shadows
          6. Silence
          7. Curse
          8. City

Smallvilleck has found out this information for u guys and u guys only. please do not copy this info on thank you

Comment

ooooooooh! Thanks!!

Comment

wow! so much books...... can someone give me a recommendation of which are the best ones?

Comment

Originally posted by tomwellingfanatic636
                Thick book series: Strange Visitor, Dragon, Hauntings, Whodunnit, Shadows, Silence, Curse

Here are my ratings for these books on a scale of 1-10...

1. Strange Visitor 5
                2. Dragon 1
                3. Hauntings 7
                4. Whodunnit 8.5
                5. Shadows cant remember what this one is about!
                5. Silence 3.5
                6. Curse 8.5-9

Hope this helps!!!
                these are my recommendations from earlier in the thread... animal rage from the young adult series is pretty good too but thats the only one of those that i've read. PM me if you have any questions like what they're about or something and I'll be happy to help!

Comment

also smallville fans i got the "Small town, strange world. an Unofficial and Unauthorised guide to smallville." really gud points out thing i never noticed b4.

no problem gettin the list it took me ages to put in order the books were dotted around everywhere!!!
                  i live in the UK and so far have only been able to find
                  arrival (i have read)
                  see no evil (i have read)
                  speed (got but not yet read)
                  flight (i have read - not the best one of the bunch)
                  strange visiters (got but not yet read)
                  and Whodunnit (got but not yet read)

Iam not much of a book fan but i do enjoy readin these books

Comment

Heh lol I really am not much of a reader too but I read Smallville books!

Comment

Smallville #8 - "City" review

I had lots of time to kill, so I picked up "City", the latest adult novel written by Devin Kalile Grayson. I have even more time to kill so I thought I'd find a place to review it where there was a chance someone would read it (the review).

Devin starts off the book describing the mind and psyche of Mayer Greenbrae, an engineer/inventor, who's partner (Tad) insists that he finish a spectograph that he is developing. Tad has borrowed money from the Japanese yakuza in the name of LuthorCorp, unbenownst to LuthorCorp. Of course, Tad can't pay them back and pays his life instead. He is shot by a hitman from the yakuza in front of Mayer. Mayer has a mental snap and goes schizophrenic. Assuming the mental identity of Agent Green, he goes off in search of an alien he believes landed on Earth during the meteor shower.

Meanwhile, Lionel entrusts Lex with the responsibilty of attending meetings in his place, since he is in London. Hesitant to go, Lex decides to let Clark tag along to Metropolis, where they stay in Lionel's penthouse.

Here began one of my personal dislikes of the book: Clex. If you have read any of Omar G.'s episode recaps over at TWOP, you probably will get vibes of HoYay emitting from this novel with a ten-mile radius. They even jokingly act gay. Just a minor complaint, but it never gets to an unbearable level.

Speaking of which, there's a lot of sexual innuendo (heterosexual innuendo too) smeared all over the pages, most of it revolving around Lex and Lorelai, an old friend of Lex from his little posse back in Metropolis.

Clana fans may be pleased by a surprise date between Clark and (duh) Lana mid-way into the story. I won't spoil it, but it's predictible how the date turns out.

The novel was written well, I'll give her that, but she [the author] made the same mistake so many others before her have made: she kept retelling the events of the Pilot and some of the details aren't accurate, marking inconsistancy with the episode "Lineage", despite the book being written after "Insurgence".

However, a very good thing about the book was insight on how Clark felt about being a hero. In Metropolis, there are so many people and it seems the more he tries to save, the more he puts in danger and the many more he can't save in time. If you want to know what Clark feels, this is the book you oughta' pick up.

There are many refrences to Gotham, S.T.A.R. Labs, and other locations in the D.C. universe and they are fun to read.

Despite points of predictability, this story is very suspenceful and more than often will have you deeply immersed. Forget what I said about this series, Devin has completely turned it around for me.

8.0/10.0 (matter of opinion, doesn't really mean anything)
                      Last edited by j03superbat; 09-07-2004, 06:13 AM.

Comment

What would a Smallville novel be without the thrill of a date between Lana and Clark that ends badly or the author reiterating that Lana is the most beautiful girl in Smallville or that Clark's ever seen or something. Oh, right, it would be not boring! With only a couple of exceptions, the novels have been a little or a lot tedious and all too often get important facts totally wrong, like characters' names and that's just inexcusable. I'll probably pick this one up, too, but really, can't we at least have names and basic facts correct? The young adults series has sometimes been better than the adult series. Go figure.

Comment

City sounds pretty cool. I'll probably read it next. What is everyone's favorite Smallville book?

Comment

Originally posted by margroks
                            The young adults series has sometimes been better than the adult series. Go figure.
                            then again there's a lot less to proof read

Comment

Yep I like the young adult books better

Comment

I just think I have a right to expect some basic adherence to the continuity of the TV show, regardless of which series. THey get paid to write this stuff and I have to pay to read it. WHen fan fic authors can do a better job then that's a problem that should be corrected.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎