Smallville Books/Novels

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

ive read strand visitors, dragon, hauntings and whodunnit of the novels and a couple of the others.

Comment

Strange Visitors was excellent! I really liked the progression of events in it. I started reading both Dragon and Hauntings, but never got completely through them, unfortunately. I read See No Evil, which was okay, but kind of a cop-out from "Shimmer," and a little too... er... I dunno. I read the other one about the animal rights girl too, but I don't remember the title -- oh wait, it was Animal Rage. It was kind of... goofy. But I've been just glad to have any Smallville reading materials, period!

--Jeff ><>' --

Comment

Currently reading "Silence". Nancy Holder really likes to mix horror with Smallville. The last book she wrote (Hauntings) was about ghosts, now this one is about killer zombies!

So far so good.

Comment

I'm looking forward to "Greed", which sounds like it's Pete-ccentric. Yay! Cherie and Jeff really know how to write him. Suzan just left him out almost completely in "Runaway". PETE!

Now we know he's not invisible.

Comment

personally, i hated "runaway". it was dumb and it didn't seem like a clark character. the fact that he ran away was reasonable, but all that other stuff....i dont know.

Comment

Smallville novels

I couldn't find a Smallville Novels thread, so here goes ...

Yay! I just picked up my first Smallville novel, 'Shadows'. So far, so good. I'm hooked. It could actually be an episode. These longer novels appear to be for the older crowd, not the young readers' under-14 series.

Many of the authors are established WB-series novelists for Buffy, Angel, Charmed, or -even better- actual writers from DC Comics!

I'll probably pick up 'Curse' next. Any thoughts on some of the other novels?
              Last edited by President_Luthor; 02-15-2004, 11:54 AM.

Comment

The thicker novels are more the 'adult' series, while the others are the young adult series. I find the thicker ones more appealing since I can finish the others in just a few hours. My absolute favourite so far is Whodunnit. I started Shadows a while ago and just picked it up again recently, since yesterday I bought Greed and Temptation (both from the young adults series) as well as Silence and Curse from the adult series.

Comment

The thicker ones are worthier of the $5.99 you pay than the young adult novels. Nevertheless, there are unbearable continuity problems in the thick novels (unbearable if you're obssessed like me, that is) and that's why I don't like them as much. The young adult series is shorter and you can breeze through one in half a day with even with constant interruptions, but are well-written.

I'm looking forward to the next young adult novel "Sparks". I hear Chloe gets the power to attract any man he wants. It'll most likely attract Chlark fans.

Hee, in "Curse", Pete starts taking Kryptonite berries.

Comment

I read both. I like both. I wish i had more money to buy more, though.

Comment

There's a thread about this somewhere in the fanfic forum...i'll see if i can find it

Strange Visitors was AWESOME!!! (thanks again Lynn! ). The only negative thing I've heard is that some people find it annoying that they repeat some of the details of the pilot...but I definitely didn't mind that - it was nice to get the characters' thoughts on some of what happened in the epi!

I've also skimmed through Silence and Shadows, but won't have time to really read 'em for a couple more weeks! They seem like they're gonna be great though! LOL I'm a pretty thorough skimmer!

Batty's right about the continuity problems though - they make you wanna have some strong words with the authors at times! LOLOLOL Ya'd think they'd at least read ALL the scripts before they write 'em! But it's really not too much of a big deal - i just laugh and ignore the occasional problems (and wonder why some of the great writers on Ksite can't publish a novel! LOLOLOL!)

They also seem to be written by numerous authors so if you don't like one, don't give up...just try another

Basically, if you like reading fanfic, you'll LOVE the books! And if you don't like fanfic, but are craving more than one epi of SV a week, the books can help!
                      ETA: Found the thread...there's some more suggestions there
                      Last edited by Gizmo; 02-16-2004, 05:15 AM.

Comment

The entire list of books are:

Arrival,
                        See No Evil,
                        Flight,
                        Animal Rage,
                        Speed,
                        Buried Secrets

and the new books are:

Runaway,
                        Shadows,
                        Silence,
                        Greed,
                        Curse,
                        Control,
                        City,
                        Sparks.

I know this as I've just gone and bought Shadows today and I checked the back cover!
                        Last edited by Sian_Raven; 02-16-2004, 07:58 AM.

Comment

You know, I wrote a long review comparing and contrasting the two series. Now it seems wasted. I want the ten minutes I took to write that review back! Ah, I'd just waste it anyway...

The list above is a bit off. The right list is:

YA series: 1) Arrival, 2) See no Evil, 3) Flight (excellent book by the way), 4) Animal Rage (not so good), 5) Speed, 6) Buried Secrets, 7) Runaway (also good), 8) Greed, and 9) Temptation.

Thick book series: Strange Visitor, Dragon, Hauntings, Whodunnit, Shadows, Silence, Curse

Not that it really matters, but I had to waste a little more of my life.

Comment

How can my list be wrong? I've got the book in front of me and I read them off the back page! There are 18 books in total.

I missed out Control, City and Sparks.

There is no book called Temptation. If you've got one of the first released books, it lists a couple of the book titles wrong, which really confused me when I was sorting my collection out! And Temptation was the origional title for one of the others.

Just to clear it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Sian_Raven
                              How can my list be wrong? I've got the book in front of me and I read them off the back page! There are 18 books in total.

I missed out Control, City and Sparks.

There is no book called Temptation. If you've got one of the first released books, it lists a couple of the book titles wrong, which really confused me when I was sorting my collection out! And Temptation was the origional title for one of the others.

Just to clear it up.
                              "Shadows" has been out for a while now. "Curse" is the newest "thick book". But for a definite list of the Young Adult books, go to www.lb-teens.com. At the bottom of the page, they still have a pic and description of the newest one: "Temptation". It's number nine. Trust me.

Oh yeah, and there are eighteen books total, but "City" and "Sparks" haven't been released yet. So up to this point, there are only sixteen books available.

But like I said before, it's not important.
                              Last edited by j03superbat; 02-16-2004, 06:16 PM.

Comment

I just read "Strange Vistors".

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎