No announcement yet.

Anybody else hate Grant Gabriel???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody else hate Grant Gabriel???

Yeah, I'm only halfway through the show and I'm calling it...

I don't like this dude. Don't care if it's tough love or if it's part of his character, plus, DUDE HE'S LOUD. Where the hell is Perry???

I don't mind him, they needed to shake things up at the Planet. Plus with his style it makes it easier to understand why Lois gets a job there. Once we give him time he'll be ok.

Comment

I like him. I mean A LOT. He's just what Chloe needs to get her re-energized.

He's fantastic. And is what's shaping up to be a well-written character.

Comment

I have to agree with Mello and Justin, this guy Grant is here to shake things up. I remember when Oliver Queen first made an appearance in "Sneeze" I didn't like him either, after a few episodes he turned out to be, IMO, a great addition to the show.

The problem with Grant's intro, I think, is that alot of his dialogue is dedicated to ripping Chloe's journalist skills. We don't get any insight into how he would work under pressure or how far he's willing to go to see a story through - not yet. But I think his character has promise.

I take issue not so much with Grant, but with what could be interpreted as an assault on Chloe's character.

She's got to deal with Lex (who I doubt is a born-again good guy) who recently threatened to turn her into a lab rat if she exposed his level 33.1 projects; he's alive and well and out of jail.
        (It's hard to produce the juicy stories when your threatened with torture and death).

She has to compete with Lois who's journalistic passion seems shoe-horned at times. I know Lois is destined to be a star reporter, but I haven't been convinced by Smallville's Lois so far.
        So when Grant says that Lois has fire as journalist and that Chloe has "lost her mojo" his character doesn't earn any points with me.

Also, she may have to compete for her boyfriend Jimmy's affections with Kara. Oh, and lets not forget she has to deal with a new meteor power.

Ultimately, I think Grant is just using a little sibling rivalry to get the best out of both Chloe and Lois. I'll have to reserve judgement until later.

Comment

it would great if we had soem background to him but smallville likes to introduce new characters by making us hate their cocky, know it all attitude. then we found out their background and sympatize instead of hate. its a good formula

Comment

I think he is one of lex's guys, perfect for lois...

Comment

He's fantastic. No more letting Chloe get by with her natural journalistic talents. She doesn't chase the big story like she used to and this guy is going to make that change. He's an annoying ass, who is probably a genious.

We'll finally see what turns Lois into a real journalist as well.

As for Perry. He's still kicking his boozer habit somewhere.

You don't overcome his reputation overnight to become editor in chief.

Comment

you don't overcome his habit to become editor in chief.....ok, this grant guy is like what..maybe 30?? i don't care how great of a journalist you are you don't become the editor in chief of the largest newspaper in the world at that age. this character's assault on chloe was unwarranted, there's no way he would have read the high school stuff of an intern or lowly basement reporter. this is just another lame attempt to give lois someone to pine over because lois can't fall in love with clark while he's in smallville. this is the reason lois should have never been on the show, or almiles should have been allowed to produce this show after their concept was pitched.

Comment

i have to say im not too happy with tonights episode ! they are once again making chloe seem like an undesireble character and i don't agree , i understand they have to get lois lane in there but i don't agree with the put down remarks made by the editor to chloe i am displeased as to how they are doing this , i think chloe is a strong confident character and has been clarks true friend and to see her put down as not good enough is a let down . bringing lois in ofcourse is cool but it should not be at the expense of chloe's reputation . This is once again seeing chloe as the not good enough ! second best to lana and now second best to lois this is bull !

Comment

Y'know, Grant Gabriel is good for the show. Since last night, I've seen so many people angry with him for the way he spoke to Chloe. They're saying, "It was just to make her feel bad and get into Lois' pants," blah blah blah. It isn't.

Grant is right. When Pauline Khan told Chloe her stuff from the Torch wasn't any good, no one said a word. They were too busy fanwanking over Princess Leia being on Smallville.

The truth is, Pauline and Grant are right. Chloe's gotten complacent and her credibility doesn't count for much. While Chloe was at the Torch, she wrote about a butt load of stuff she couldn't prove. It all seemed like sensational journalism. It can destroy your career.

Then, when Chloe wrote about lesbian vampires, Pauline Khan gave her the benefit of the doubt. She saw the merit in her writing, but knew the story was crap.

Since Chloe's found out Clark's secret, journalism has been on the back burner for her. Not just that, but she's trying to repair her credibility from the UFO stuff she did in high school. She's gotten complacent.

She has lost the fire she had in earlier seasons. It's time for her to get it back. Now, Chloe fans put away the pitchforks, tar and feathers you're planning to use on Grant and look at it from his point of view.

He's the editor of a major newspaper, regardless of his age. Howell Raines joined the New York Times in his early 30s.

Chloe needed a good butt kicking and she got one. It had nothing to do with Grant wanting to get into Lois' pants.

Comment

I have to say I loved Grant. He was awsome. A boy wonder who is being honored by his peers and he sees things for what they are. No more babysiting reporters and allowing them to slack off and drop everything when their friends need some reaserch. Good for you Grant!

Comment

I hate him. He's an ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Liriel
                          I hate him. He's an ass.
                          Agreed.

Comment

I hate him..!!! *raises both hands*

Comment

oh damn, I didn't know this was on the page on season 7, I meant for this to be on the Kara Episode forum, sorry guys.

But anyway...

I mean, maybe if he was actually THERE at some point to indicate that he would be an *******, but he just sorta walks in, and speaks as though the boom mic is attached to the cieling "LOIS- YOU'VE GOT A JOB ON THE GROUNDS THAT YOUR HOT AND YOU'VE SEEN A SPACESHIP ONCE- CHLOE, YOU SUCK, WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SHOW FOR YOUR EFFORTS? EXPERIENCE? AMBITION? A HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA AND PENDING COLLEGE DEGREE??? THAT'S NOTHING- NOW LOIS, SHE'S GOT SOMETHING, SO I'M GIVING HER A JOB EQUAL TO YOURS WHICH HAS TAKEN ABOUT 3 SEASONS TO ATTAIN- NOW GO MAKE ME SOME STORIES, I'M GONNA GO ADJUST MY BOWTIE."

I mean, what's the point???

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎