No announcement yet.

Classic Villain Return

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic Villain Return

The best of the BBC, with the latest news and sport headlines, weather, TV & radio highlights and much more from across the whole of BBC Online

Christopher Ryan, best known for playing super-cool Mike in the classic comedy series The Young Ones, is set for a guest-starring role in an upcoming Series Four adventure.

Ryan will play a Sontaran leader in the story, due to begin filming in the next few weeks.

"I'm absolutely delighted to be appearing in this new Doctor Who," Chris revealed. "The last time I appeared in Doctor Who was in 1986, Colin Baker was the Doctor and I was still a Young One."

The story in question was the Trial Of A Time Lord, where Chris starred as the slug-like Mentor Kiv alongside Trevor Laird, who played Martha's dad in 2007.

If you know your Who lore, the Sontarans will need no introduction. If you're a newer viewer, however, you may not know that the Sontarans are amongst the greatest villains from the classic series of Doctor Who.

A military, warlike species, able to clone vast armies of themselves, the Sontarans are locked into an eternal struggle with their enemies the Rutans.
    My gosh!!! Sontarans are coming back!

Isn't he a little short for StormSontaran trooper?

Brilliant, bring on the potato heads!

Comment

Don't forget that Two Doctors' Sontarans was too tall. This man will fit this Sontarans. It's only 5'6. So don't worry.

Comment

i remember when billie called a sontaran a giant **** on the friday night project!

Comment

Originally posted by Estro-gen X
          i remember when billie called a sontaran a giant **** on the friday night project!
          o0 you get the friday night project in the USA?

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎