Special Effects in Kara........

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The purple flash when kara destroyed Lois' phone was completely unnecessary.

The flying sequences looked like film effects from about 2002, which is as good as i was hoping for, just aslong as your not too critical, you can let them go. But i can tell less effort was put into the effects of this episode than bizzaro. Or maybe they just had a smaller animation team.

Trust me, animating a human realisticly is a nightmare, you need seriously experienced people to make it look just right.

Comment

When Clark went flying through the forest, that was unexpected to see. Also when Kara was in space, good lighting and everything. I think those were the most special-effect filled two minutes of Smallville ever!

Comment

I thought the effects were NOT up to their usual standards.

Super-Barbie flying looked cheesy.

Comment

The crystal was cool

Comment

Originally posted by Captivated

Do people really have to come up with stupid little nicknames every time they dislike something? It takes me back to 5th grade all over again.

Comment

I thought FIREDOG007AF's point was a good one; they showed Kara's hair flowing in zero g in the far (probably CG) shot, but it settles into place and sits there unrealistically for the near shot.

Nevertheless, I enjoyed the space scene and consider the part where Clark is flung through the forest to be the best special effect yet in the series. I've never seen anything in a live-action fight with that much kick to it (which is only appropriate since this is a super-powered fight). I'm actually surprised more members here aren't raving about it.

Originally posted by Captivated

So.... were you not able to catch the opening where Clark is sent flying through a forest? That was damn impressive.

Also, comparing Supergirl to Barbie is rather silly.

Comment

All the special effects were awesome.

Comment

missed out

ok so i started watching smallville when it first came on the WB several years back, stopped bout the 3rd or fourth season, and im still catching up, am finally close to being right where i need to be. i am on the 6th season on the second disc, where arrow is almost over and about to start reunion. heres aquestion if someone can answer it for me:

is kara like what shes supposed to be from what i read on the internet in smallville or is it different?

if you want you can message me om myspace at www.myspace.com/jessicabossier
                  Last edited by supermanfreakgirl; 02-04-2008, 09:21 PM. Reason: found out one by looking at the site and added something

Comment

The special effects involving Kara (aka Supergirl) were outstanding. I especially enjoyed when she flew off in space and looked at a baby picture of Clark. All of her flying scenes were done to perfection.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎