TV Ratings for Kara

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets see how Lana's return does next week in the ratings.

Comment

The ratings drop? That's a surprise... Since I think Kara really was awesome... It's Kara!!

Think it maybe due to the clashes of the show aired at the same time and people may have prefer to watch other show...

Comment

Well this isn't a season premiere or finale, I'm not surprised they dropped, even though I was hoping they wouldn't. Lots of people only seem to make it a point to watch on premieres and finales, then just watch the middle episodes when they can. But it's still up from last year's episode 2 ratings, so that's a good sign.

Comment

Originally posted by STFanatic
          Lets see how Lana's return does next week in the ratings.
          I have a feeling, not so well.

Wonder if it would help at all to advertise the guest star.

Comment

They definitely need two separate trailers for next week. One for the Clana, one for the FOTW vs. Kara battle.

Comment

Originally posted by MidgardDragon
              They definitely need two separate trailers for next week. One for the Clana, one for the FOTW vs. Kara battle.
              IA.I hope they do that. I thought it was weird they didn't have any clips at all from the Kara plot, especially since they never mentioned Lana in the official description or released any promo pix of her. It's Kind of like when they revealed the big surprise of "Freak" in its trailer, when we knew nothing about it prior.

Comment

They deffenitley need to advertise the guest star. How would the casual viewer even know she will be in the show next week? The CW needs to get their heads out of their asses and start promoting this show. I am so glad their baby "Gossip Girl" is a flop. "Wild Life" looks stupid, so I'm not worried that it will go on for more than one season.

Comment

Oh, yah, GG. Did anyone else lol when they saw it's newest promo during SV the other night? It was claiming that GG was the hottest show of the season, calling it a hit, and all this BS. I couldn't help but laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by MidgardDragon
                    But it's still up from last year's episode 2 ratings, so that's a good sign.
                    It's a VERY good sign, considering several shows on network television are DOWN from their year ago levels. And, except for SV so far, I believe every show on the CW is down as well.

Comment

Just think how well Smallville would be doing if they ran a advertising blitz showing Kara in the red ... ummm ... outfit she is wearing in the new director's cut.

I linked some folks I know that don't watch Smallville, and they said they will be watching next Thursday

Comment

Originally posted by STFanatic
                        Just think how well Smallville would be doing if they ran a advertising blitz showing Kara in the red ... ummm ... outfit she is wearing in the new director's cut.

I linked some folks I know that don't watch Smallville, and they said they will be watching next Thursday
                        For the return of Lana, right?

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkyBoy14
                          For the return of Lana, right?
                          More like for the red bikini

I didn't warn them about the Clana.

Comment

You guys might find this interesting. This article is from futon critic and it talks about the 3 scenarios that will get a show cancelled.

I'm only quoting the 3rd choice. What I found interesting is the importance networks place on demographics and the initial ratings the show earns the first night it airs.

To read the whole article.

3. Costing too much. Basically if two shows perform equally well, the show that's cheaper to produce will probably win out. This is especially the case with reality vs. scripted programming. After all, if you're paying $3 million per episode for drama "X" and $1 million per episode for reality show "Y" and both reach the same audience - which would you stick with?

All three are guidelines that apply to shows regardless of network or overall audience. In other words, it doesn't matter if you're on the CW or CBS, average 20 million viewers or two million, a show's life comes down to those three items.

Another thing to keep in mind is that adults 18-49 (or adults 18-34 in the case of the CW) is the primary demographic the broadcast networks focus on, not total viewership or households. So if a show is first in households but third in adults 18-49, don't think the former aspect makes it immune from cancellation. Don't believe us? ABC and FOX only report fast national adults 18-49 numbers to their affiliates each morning.
                            Last edited by Kid Collins; 10-08-2007, 11:58 AM.

Comment

That is another reason when I am doing my weekly survey I still say I am still 49

Comment

But I'm sure the CW would still like at least one succesful scripted program. The CW currently only have 3 shows that are doing remotely well. As long as the numbers don't take a huge dip, I don't think we need to worry about SV getting cancelled due to low ratings. Plus, SV atleast gets the CW some recognition.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎