No announcement yet.

Maya and Alejandro?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maya and Alejandro?

Where do you think this arc is heading? they are trying to get to the U.S. but what do you think will happen there? And what Hero will they encounter first? Or will it be the Company?

Thoughts?

Sylar

Comment

Re: Maya and Alejandro?

Originally posted by shadow4486
      Where do you think this arc is heading? they are trying to get to the U.S. but what do you think will happen there? And what Hero will they encounter first? Or will it be the Company?

Thoughts?
      They're trying to get to America to try and get in touch with Dr. Suresh (remember they read Activating Evolution and said this). What I'm curious about is if they know they're going to be meeting Mohinder or if they think Chandra is still alive.

And Sylar gaining their powers would be awesome, since if he gained bother powers he could both use Maya's power and control it via Alejandro's power.

Comment

I think they're looking for Mohinder's dad and will be surprised to see he's not alive anymore. I don't think they'll find Mohinder right off the bat - clearly Parkman and Mohinder and not living where they used to live.... and who knows if it's listed.

Depends on where they are crossing over the border as to who they will meet first...... should be interesting. Maybe they'll run into Claude and he'll teach them some control by smacking them around a bit lol

Comment

So I've been having a few questions related to their powers. What exactly is alejandro's power? It seemed like he took the 'blackness' into himself. Is he slowly killing himself? It looked like taking it out of Maya and Nidia (sp?) winded him.

Also I know that they are fraternal twins, but would identical twins have the same power? They have the same DNA. That could create a really cool arc of one twin using the power for good and the other for evil.

Comment

I think they have different powers: one is the plague, the other is the cure, the antidote. I think it's cool that it creates a dependency between them: they can't live without each other, because people will simply keep dying.

And seems like Maya activates her power whenever she's stressed and away from her brother. So far, it didn't activate with her brother around, and he made it go away by getting her to calm down (he was singing to her) and absorbing it himself, and neutralizing it. Humm... Just keep them together, and nothing happens.

Also, Alejandro seemed to be trying to catch his breath after neutralizing it, like it was painful for him to do it, and took a lot of energy off of him... All VERY interesting...

On a personal note, I understand every single word they say, altough I can't really speak spanish very well, but most latin languages understand each other, and it's just so weird for me to see the translation in english. I have to keep choosing wich language to focus on, and sometimes is so damn confusing... LOL! I think I'll keep going with the english, and try not focus on what they say... I just love that Heroes is so multicultural, you even learn a thing or two... In this episode we even got French!! LOVE IT!

Comment

I personally feel that Maya is the source of the plague. Didn't they leave from where the Haitian was? Seems like too much of a coincidence to me.

Comment

The Haitian was, as Mohinder so eloquently put it, in Haiti. Maya and Alejandro are Dominican. Different countries. Thats like saying, in the comics, Wolverine came from Canada and Spiderman from New York, good ol USA, so they came from the same place.

Comment

I dont think that Maya's black tears thing has anything to do with the virus that is just affecting the heros....

Comment

Maya would not have been born yet when Mohinders sister got the virus originally too, so kind of difficult for her to be responsible for it.

Comment

Not to rag on Maya and Alejandro, but how could they be heroes for other people? Maya's power is pretty much destructive. Sure she could kill the baddies, but if the good guys are in the same vicinity as the baddies, she'll manage to kill the good guys as well! Perhaps Maya will eventually learn how to control her powers so she could eliminate only select people? (like how Ted and Peter learned to control their abilities)

Is Alejandro's power just absorbing Maya's powers?
                      Perhaps Alejandro can absorb other illnesses, like the virus killing the heroes? Perhaps he's a healer, too?
                      Last edited by ShelbyKent; 10-03-2007, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎