Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hiro getting the short end of the sword (Spoilers for "Lizards")

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiro getting the short end of the sword (Spoilers for "Lizards")

I feel so badly for Hiro. He's stepping in to ensure that his hero, Takezo Kenzei, lives up to his legend. Hiro's doing all the work, and falling for Yaeko (you can see it in his eyes...poor guy. Can't say I blame him, though...she's beautiful), and then this opportunistic drunkard is eventually going to step in, take all the accolades and get the girl. It's not right.

Sure, perhaps "Kensei" is going to redeem himself in some way, especially in light of his revealed powers. And perhaps it will matter more to Hiro that Kensei's legend is preserved and the timeline is repaired, but it would be nice for him to get the girl, or enjoy the fruits of his heroism.

I think Kensei will prove himself worthy. Though for a moment, when Kensei was shot, I thought maybe Hiro was really Kensei...

Even Kensei was skeptical about Hiro saving the day and not taking any of the credit. The question is... would Kensei have been a hero anyway if Hiro had not "broken history"?

Comment

Arent Kensei and therefor the 'princess' Hiro's ancestors? You really want Hiro to mack on great granny?

Comment

i wanted to see hiro become his own ansector.

Comment

Originally posted by pycer
          Arent Kensei and therefor the 'princess' Hiro's ancestors? You really want Hiro to mack on great granny?
          When was it ever officially stated that they are Hiro's ancestors? I remember them saying that Hiro's dad read him stories about the hero Kensei, and I remember speculation (not fact) that they thought Kaito might actually be Kensei, but I don't remember anyone on the show officially saying that Hiro was related to Kensei.

Comment

Yeah... I agree with midgarddragon, people thought that they were his ancestors when we all thought that kensei was prob hiro's dad. But the show has never made any such connection...

Comment

Originally posted by ginnyfan
              I think Kensei will prove himself worthy. Though for a moment, when Kensei was shot, I thought maybe Hiro was really Kensei.. The question is... would Kensei have been a hero anyway if Hiro had not "broken history"?
              I was asking myself the same questions.....

Traditional historical records depicted Kensei as a great heroic character. Granted he could've been a drunkard as well , but that doesn't mean that he couldn't have had reedemed himself. Besides all the characters in "Heroes" are not purely "good" or "bad" they're more in the "gray" area, which make them more believable and interesting. The real Kensei could be the same.

But I'd prefer it if Kensei could be a hero even without Hiro's "interference with history". With Hiro's help though, the historical events might have a slight twist (like when Hiro stopped time and planted the bandits' swords on the ground, instead of just fighting the rogue samurais), but the outcome would be the same?

So does anyone think that Kensei is Hiro's ancestor? Or is Kensei Claire's ancestor? (both have blonde hair and can regenerate) *feels another headache coming on*

Comment

^Yeah... I was thinking that Kensei was on his way to save that town... but Hiro's arrival mucked it up... "broke" history. So Hiro is trying to get the history that he derailed... back on track. So it would be fun to see if, as you say ShelbyKent, little things change as a result.

Comment

Originally posted by ShelbyKent
                  I was asking myself the same questions.....

So does anyone think that Kensei is Hiro's ancestor? Or is Kensei Claire's ancestor? (both have blonde hair and can regenerate) *feels another headache coming on*
                  Neither... I dont quite understand everyone's need to link him to a current day hero. There has been no connection like that made at all by the show and the mear fact that they have the same hair colour and power doesnt prove anything. Nathan and West have the same hair colour and power but I dint think they would have claire date her brother...

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎