Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you a Male or Female watching Smallville?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Female, and addicted since 2001.

Comment

• Female mid twenties started watching a few years ago. I would have thought there was more girls but its even cool

Comment

• I'm Batma...I mean, Im Lord Darkseid. Im a god. Why isn't that a poll option? Discrimination!!!

Comment

• I am an xx....i'm sure u can figure that out...

~K

Comment

• I posted once before on this thread in 2010 but I was reading updated posts and thought it was so cool to see all the different ages and the like.

I've been a Superman fan since I was a child due to my mom being a huge fan and watching all the old George Reeves eps, which I fortunately was exposed to via reruns. She even got me the classic old Superman radio show on cassette when i was younger and a VHS tape that was made of the old Superman cartoons that ran in....wow th 40s? 50s?

Once I was around the age of 8/9 in 1993 Lois & Clark came around and I was SO HOOKED. Absolutely in love with Dean Cain. To this day I rewatch LnC at least 2 times a year - the whole series through. We have many copies and box sets of the Superman movies and even started picking up the modern cartoon movies which I found are enjoyable as well.

Smallville started when I was 16/17 and I've been watching that from the beginning too.

Now I'm 27 and I still get giddy anytime anything Superman related is coming out lol!

I'm very pleased to see so many other women enjoy superheroes too. Hurray for the ladies! <3

Comment

• Originally posted by AdityaK96
              i just want to get an idea what the guy/girl ratio watching smallville is
              I suspect the true ratio (Sorry, we can't get an accurate sample here, given that--sadly--most fans probably don't visit this site, and of those that do, most probably don't visit these boards, and ot those who do, evenm a smaller number post, and even a smaller number answer polls) is different than it was in the earlier seasons.

Earlier, the storylines were romance heavy, and I know a lot of women around here (I'm not just talking teenz here, I mean adults) watched it for that. Couldn't have cared less for Superman or the backstory, barely knew any characters besides Clark and Lex, and some didn't even know who Lex was.

Now, there's a great deal less emphasis on 'ships (Thank You, O Lord) and more on the mythos, which appeals to fanboys and other geeks. This is, sadly, tragically, a mostly male group. I'm in that group. Throughout the series, every time a Superman reference was made (Clark seeing Alexander The Great's breastplate, with gems forming a crude 'S" and his saying he can't see anyone rushing into battle with that; the Smallville Crows wearing a rough Superman shield, ect) I cheered. Now we're getting all kinds of Superman (and other DC Comics) references.

Long post short--early years, I'd bet girls had us beat 70% to 30%. Now we probably have a majority.

Comment

• I started to watch the show when i was 14 years old (now i'm 18) thanks to my older brother (he isn't a fan like i do but if he is surfing channels and smallville is being aired at the moment he would watch it), i watched season 4 episodes reruns every now and then (thanks to warner channel latinoamerica) but the show was in season 7 at the time, then i watched a smallville marothon and i got hooked. I'm a scifi/action kind of girl who loves superheroes stories so you get why i'm a fan of the show.

PS. WBLA has better promos and more respect(and also probably better ratings LOL) for the show than the cw would ever have.
                Also sorry for my english.
                Last edited by readhead; 05-08-2011, 11:21 PM.

Comment

• Male mid 30's just started watching the show recently and I just finished season 5 and starting season 6 soon. Loving it

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎